STEAM turbines for NUCLEAR and THERMAL generators.

• would you like to have something like this? 9

1. yes (5) 56%
    2. no (3) 33%
    3. yes, only if i can enable it in the config. (1) 11%
    4. maybe (0) 0%
    5. i hate it!(give me a reason) (0) 0%

hey!

i got a nice and basic idea(for those who want more challenge):

this should be a feature you can enable in the config if you want IC2 to be a bit harder and more realistic.

steamturbines!
    the steamturbines generate energy while the reactor and generators give heat.

i dont really want to mess with the basics!

all we need is 4 new blocks:

LV turbine:

:Intergrated Plating: :Wind Mill: :Intergrated Plating:

:Intergrated Plating: :LV-Transformer: :Intergrated Plating:

MV turbine:

:Intergrated Plating: :MFE-Transmitter: :Intergrated Plating:
    :Wind Mill: :Intergrated Plating: :Wind Mill:

:MFE-Transmitter: = mv transformer

EV/Extreme voltage

:Intergrated Plating: :HV-Transformer: :Intergrated Plating:

HEAT wire(could not find a better name):

:Refined Iron: :Refined Iron: :Refined Iron:

:Copper Ingot: :Copper Ingot: :Copper Ingot:

:Refined Iron: :Refined Iron: :Refined Iron:

put this between the reactor and the turbine to "send" heat

:Reactor: +turbine= realistic!

special effects for turbine:

a lot of steam!

a cool turbine sound

:thumbup:

hope you like the idea.

sorry for the stretched recipe's

• or how about this?..

STEAM TUBINE! you attach this to the sides of a Nuclear reactor or Reactor Chambers, these are then fillid with buckets of water and extract heat from the Reactor Hull and generate Steam, which would generate additional EU/s, the hotter the Reactor Hull gets, the faster the steam turbines extract heat from the hull and produce more EU/t. this would dub as a Heat Sink / collant device as well as milk every last bit of energy from your Nuclear Reactors.

the recipe could go something like this.
    :Copper Ingot::Intergrated Heat Dispenser::Copper Ingot:
    :Intergrated Heat Dispenser::Generator::Intergrated Heat Dispenser:
    :Copper Ingot::Empty Cell::Copper Ingot:

that looks about right... what do ya'll think? :)

p.s. the more sounds that are going on the more your client side lags. i have to play with my sounds OFF because of this and i REALLY wish i could turn off most of the IC2 sounds like Geothermal generators, recyclers, wind turbines, and compressors, i'd leave the other's on but i use so many of those 9just mentioned) that is accounts for over 30% of my Client side PC Strain. i normally get 280 FPS on MC but with like 80 machines going, between the Enet and the sounds i occassionalyl drops me to like 4 fps or less, turning my sound completely off raises it to 180FPS

"the more people i kill, the better the chances are that i got the right one" ~Goblin Assassin: MtG

• well... sound may e a problem,BUT it doesnt really need a sound.

i think your recipe is fine,but the wind turbine fits better because its a TURBINE and the heat comes from the reactor so we dont need to add a thing that heats the steam.

MESSAGE TO OTHERS WHO SAY NO:

please say why !

• Official Post

I find Snoochys idea better, because it adds a new Reactorhullblock as Component that increases efficiency but not storage like the Reactorhull. This is a very good Addon for a Nuclearreactor. Maybe Snoochys recipe must be buffered a bit.

• minecraft and insustrial craft are not meant to be realistic (floating dirt block, plants that grow gold, no radiation) so if this is just an tempt to nerf nukes and geos in the name of realism i will have to say no. if this was an attempt to over haul the entire generator system to make widely different power sources from different configurations of interchangeable parts then i would say yes (but its not so i vote no)

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• (Snoochys variant) This is a new block, that you can put on a reactor instead of a new Hullpar to make it 5-10% more effective/cooling as a normal one without and has no additional Storage like the normal Hullpart.

lol, that was my idea, it should be an Attachment, not an internal component, and it needed heat dispensers to dispense heat from the reactor into the water it has stored, this is basically a Water Version of a Geothermal generator that can only be attached to a Nuclear Reactor or Reactor Chamber. it would cool the Reactor while it's running and has sufficient water inside the turbine. how about for every 1,000 Heat in the reactor it drains off 2 heat per second and produces 1 EU/t (20 EUs per second). so if your running a reactor at 8,000 Heat then each Steam Turbine attached would extract 16 heat and generate 8eu/t. so if you attached, let's say 8 of these onto a Breeder Reactor at 8,000. then these turbines alone would drain 128 heat per second, and generate a total of +64eu/t on the Reactor. also keep in mind my recipie is very expensive compared to most generators. i'll do the calculations now, and here you have it, the basic materials PER steam turbine would be..

8 tin, 30 copper,6 glowstone, 6 lapis, 16 redstone, 6 rubber, 18 refined iron, 9 bronze. and a few minor components i failed to mention valued at probly like 3 refined iron.

a geothermal generates 10eu/t constantly and is only..

4tin, 10 refined iron, and 4 glass.

"the more people i kill, the better the chances are that i got the right one" ~Goblin Assassin: MtG