Any 6-chamber CASUC layout for 1.81?

• The 1.81 changelog explicitly states that you can now uses pipes/tubes in reactor chambers, unlocking the 6th chamber.

Any designs for the new feature? Talonius told me he got a 2070 EU/t design - HV transformer attached directly to the reactor!

• The 1.81 changelog explicitly states that you can now uses pipes/tubes in reactor chambers, unlocking the 6th chamber.

Any designs for the new feature? Talonius told me he got a 2070 EU/t design - HV transformer attached directly to the reactor!

I'm going to be working on a super reactor with the highest possible output obtainable, a... well i shouldn't say, my comp's in the shop for at least the next week, and i really want to be the first to make one. Trust me, it"ll be the best one since x's CAUSC. I'd have a working version by now if i hadn't lost the world the other day(for the same reason my comp is in the shop) and for the fact that it's virtually impossible without magtubes.

• I have a plan to upgrade my 1970 CASUC in 1.71 (using BC/IC cross over mod, which allowed 6-chamber CASUCs before it was changed in vanilla IC2) to 2050 EU/t if/when i move the world over to 1.8x

For snow i used to use snow golems, which are now borked it seems, so i'll switch it to something else, probably zero ring (EE2) and block breakers.
    Converting them to ice will be in 16 compressors with 6 overclockers each, eating 544 EU/t and producing ~6.88 ice/second, with the reactor needing ~6.83 to run forever.
    The net output is going to be 1506 EU/t, giving an net efficiency of ~3.2.

I'm not sure anything above 2050 is possible with a MK1, unless reactors can eat more than 1 ice per stack per second.

Also good point about connecting the transformer directly, i didn't think about the cabling being limited to 2048 lol.

• I have a 2020eu/t design to use in 1.81/whenever I update (still awaiting for a few mods like the Thermal Monitor), just using buckets. I refuse to use ice, since I'd need to use EU to make the ice regardless. Best ice casuc I think is 2070? Only 50eu/t more than my water cooled design and it'd probably cost that much at the very least to keep 7 ice blocks a second coming. I'm currently using a 1keu/t a second only needing 4 buckets a second, works fun unless the chunk unloads :(

• How much EU/t does it to take to keep it fed with that much ice?

Id say about 100-200 not more, the Compressors are pretty efficient.

Intel i7 990X @ 4,60 GHZ, Asus Rampage III Black Edition, 24GB Corsair Dominator GT DDR3,
    2x Zotac Nvidia Geforce 580AMP 1,5gb, OCZ Revodrive 3 X2 240GB 1GBps,
    1TB Western Digital Cavier Black, 2x Hitachi HDS723030BLE640 3TB, 3x BenQ XL2410T LCD-Monitors

Hosting Minecraft Servers on an Octo Core 32GB Ram Server: http://two66.com/
    Free Space available! If you need a Server let me know!

• Id say about 100-200 not more, the Compressors are pretty efficient.

100-200 thousands?

"the more people i kill, the better the chances are that i got the right one" ~Goblin Assassin: MtG

• Id say about 100-200 not more, the Compressors are pretty efficient.

Just to produce the ice from snow, to cool a 2070 eu/t reactor you need 138 compressors which eat 276 EU/t (and will probably lag your game to death lol)
    If you use overclockers you can reduce the machine count to reasonable count at the cost of more EU spent, say with 7 overclockers in each machine you would need 12 compressors that would eat ~648 EU/t

Now if you are producing the snow balls with IC2 - double that and add some more for the pumps.

• Actually i can cool a reactor of any size with just 8 compressors and they only eat 200 EU/t max, after all math is done i get about 1700 Eu/t from one reactor.

Intel i7 990X @ 4,60 GHZ, Asus Rampage III Black Edition, 24GB Corsair Dominator GT DDR3,
    2x Zotac Nvidia Geforce 580AMP 1,5gb, OCZ Revodrive 3 X2 240GB 1GBps,
    1TB Western Digital Cavier Black, 2x Hitachi HDS723030BLE640 3TB, 3x BenQ XL2410T LCD-Monitors

Hosting Minecraft Servers on an Octo Core 32GB Ram Server: http://two66.com/
    Free Space available! If you need a Server let me know!