[Suggestion]: New technological tier between vainilla minecraft tech tree and IC electrical tech tree.

• (Not that i expect this to actually be implemented or something, but it can be interesting disscussing this)

Seeing the Electrical lighter post it suddenly came to me that the tech tree between Vainilla MC and IC its kinda wonky, so i though "Hey how about we get a middle tier between these machines that instead of using EU, they use Carbon fuels like Coal/Biofuel/CoalFuel and similars?"

The idea would be to add new middle tier machines like macerators/extractors that uses coal or fuels, Kinda like the real life Industrial revolution where machines were powered mostly with coals and similars. Of course new Middle tier Drills and Chainsaws that you must refill using the canning machine would come in handy too.

What do you people think?

(In the end Vainilla minecraft would be the past pre industrial revolution, The new tier would be post industrial revolution and the EU tier we all know and love would be the futuristic minecraft)

• *cough!* http://forum.industrial-craft.…page=Thread&threadID=5180
    pretty similar to something i posted before but every thing was coal or microvoltage powered

now back to the OP
    I think it should happen because then you don't need to ditch a world cause the world gen stuck you on a sand bar in the middle of the ocean with one tree (not rubber) and no other land in sight. Even with agriculture most would just trash it and reroll than try and make it work. In other words it basically expands where it is fun to play industrialcraft. (superflat anyone?)

EDIT:with beer being added ethanol should be added as a fuel source for this
    EDIT: i imagine btw used to fill this role before it ditched forge
    EDIT:i just realized that right now we are all Tony Starks building nuclear reactors in caves out of a boxes of scraps :D
    waaaay to edit happy right now must sleep

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• I also remember that actually getting redstone to start making machines was a painful task to do during the start of a new world.

It.... is? I had a friend say that as well. We played on a server I hosted for a short time.

I had three stacks in less then two hours of mining.

Is it really that 'hard'? There's just so much of the stuff. o.0

...What? There's no pineapples here.

GENERATION Pineapple: The first pineapple you see, copy it into your sig on any forum and add sqrt(-1) to the generation. Pineapple experiment.

• Official Post

It.... is? I had a friend say that as well. We played on a server I hosted for a short time.

I had three stacks in less then two hours of mining.

Is it really that 'hard'? There's just so much of the stuff. o.0

What? Only three stacks? I get much more via mining in that two hours (20 Diamonds for example) and that without Mods or even luck.

• Well i take my time with mining, tracing good tunels and checking every dead end, also placing torches every few steps to get rid of mob spawining and similar.

To even reach a lava pool (Usually redstone its easy to find around those) it takes me like 6-8 hours of good spelunking.

• Well i take my time with mining, tracing good tunels and checking every dead end, also placing torches every few steps to get rid of mob spawining and similar.

To even reach a lava pool (Usually redstone its easy to find around those) it takes me like 6-8 hours of good spelunking.

Yeah... That would explain it.

It's not hard to hit Redstone in 10, or less, minutes if you mine down. Caves on the other hand... Meh.

...What? There's no pineapples here.

GENERATION Pineapple: The first pineapple you see, copy it into your sig on any forum and add sqrt(-1) to the generation. Pineapple experiment.

• I do a shaft up until i hit my first cavern (Usually this shaft its below or near my initial home).

And yeah a mid tier would be nice for those that take their time mining and stuff, besides it would give an excuse to make the IC2 recipes more expensive or difficult to make (Like a assembler machine, that works like a regular Craft table but requires energy (EU or Combustible) and time to make stuff, of course regular EU Tier stuff cant be made on the regular craft table anymore)

• Thats really nice idea but i think we dont need it. its really easy to get these machines at almost everyone would skip this tear.
    And about mining? 2day(mc day)=already have diamonds :D

• Thats really nice idea but i think we dont need it. its really easy to get these machines at almost everyone would skip this tear.
    And about mining? 2day(mc day)=already have diamonds :D

Thats why im saying (In the post above yours), that it could give an excuse to make the production of Electrical Machines more harder and/or expensive.

• i dont know... i dont know... He won't add this i think because he would need to add good amount of new items\blocks and it almost won't add anything to the game because all this already is just it would have midle stage.

• i dont know... i dont know... He won't add this i think because he would need to add good amount of new items\blocks and it almost won't add anything to the game because all this already is just it would have midle stage.

The only difference its making the machines works a little like a regular furnace, at least 40-60% of the job is done.

• These machines should be easily movable because of no cable connection.
    Macerator should have a chance (30-50%) to double product. Not 100% as EU one.
    This can be early way to get bronze.

• i shaft mine but i almost always hit a tunnel on the way down at that point it either ends in sssSSSSss or I chicken out and hit the peaceful button. so i agree the only thing more painful than early redstone mining is running out and having to run back for more.

i'm not to keen on nerfing the higher tiers just cause we have a lower tier. the higher tiers challenge will already increase with the increase in the value of iron that the lower tier brings cause now there is more stuff to make with it. perhaps the assembler could be combined with GregoriusT's old uumatter crafting idea to give it some more functionality beyond making things harder.

I see no problem letting the lower tier macerator double product because it would already be sucking down more fuel than the normal macerator's EU (that and no one would use it for more than 2 minutes if it was nerfed like that)

I think these machines will appeal to many cause they are easy to replace, in the case of my idea they use less than half the amount of iron and don't need a wrench, they would also broaden the possibilities for unique play styles, challenge maps, and roleplayers. or you could litter them all over the place at outposts and waystations.

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.

• Preindustrial mostly means steam powered. Huge machines, not to carry on yourself. Also it means double feed by coal & water. Is it worth to code it?
    Also it seems this machines must be build without rubber and bronze. At least macerator needed to get bronze.
    But if jackhammer gives out directly dust instead of ores, maceration not needed.
    Stem powered compressor look good. But what are you want compressor and extractor for? Diamonds? Composite?
    It seems single jackhummer fulfill preindustrial role.

On second thought jakhammer can be charged by water and coal simultaneousely, having "unified" charge.

• first because of they way minecraft physics work and that fact that steve is tony stark level smart I assume all machines incorporate an infinite water source to make steam where applicable (water mills actually run off the flow of time and tin not the water)

Preindustrial mostly means steam powered. Huge machines, not to carry on yourself. Also it means double feed by coal & water. Is it worth to code it?

I can build a nuclear rector in a cave with a box of scraps, fit enough cobble stone to build a castle in my pockets, and carry around an open bucket of molten rock IN MY PANTS! so i'm just going to pretend you never said what I just quoted

Also it seems this machines must be build without rubber and bronze. At least macerator needed to get bronze.

you can get rubber without an extractor and what is wrong with that any ways? as for bronze you find iron before tin when you dig down so iron makes more sence

But if jackhammer gives out directly dust instead of ores, maceration not needed.

FenixR did not propose a jackhammer I did. mining drills don't macerate for you why should a lower tier version? just build a tier 0 macerator its not that hard of a concept and its not as overpowered.

Stem powered compressor look good. But what are you want compressor and extractor for? Diamonds? Composite?

again you are mixing up mine and FrenixR's posts if you want to go over the minute details of my post then do it in my thread this thread is more brainstorming the concept as a whole

• Cannot reply in both threads at once. Do not want to steal ideas. My posts here are for discussion.
    Minecraft physics more fun than real. I'm unable to count whole weight of pockets.
    It's not rare for me to find copper+tin before iron and I can choose to spend bronze on tools instead of iron.
    But to get bronze now I need EU.
    Rubber used as energy insulator. No EU -> no rubber needs. Also this resource absent underground.
    This lead to "no rubber, no bronze" condition.
    As I state before it seems no need of early compressor and extractor. Only dust needed and mostly for bronze.
    Jackhammer is obvious precursor for drill. BC's Steam engine do not need water.
    As a sum of all above if steam jackhammer will drop 1-1.5-2 dusts of resource instead of ore powered by coal(&water) there is no need in other "preindustrial" machines.
    Like that: you spend several first iron ingots on jackhammer, then you are able to make bronze tools/armor. Now for this you need generator/macerator -> to find rubber tree and to go deep for redstone.