Bug (I think): Snow on solar panels.

• Official Post

Why should this be a bug? Snowfall was coded by Notch. If snow appears on blocks in snowy biomes, that's a feature.

This thread is like stating "Omg, i'm building something and a creeper blew my house up, please fix this bug."

• Unless its unusual. Pic please?

I5 2500K | 4GB Cosair Vengence | Radeon 6850 | Rosewill 600w PSU | GigaByte Z68MA | CM Elite 311 | Dell 19" 720p (upgrading soon!)| Hitachi 500 GB 7200 HDD | LG 24X |Windows 7 (Genuine!)
    Alblaka in a Lightning Rod suggestion thread...[/size]

• Place glass above.
    ???
    Profit

Glass wouldnt work because glass can get snow on it. What you need to do is get torches/glowstone around the solarpannels that way the snow wont fall on them.. Test it out and see for yourself.

• Glass wouldnt work because glass can get snow on it. What you need to do is get torches/glowstone around the solarpannels that way the snow wont fall on them.. Test it out and see for yourself.

Glass actually *does* work, but it requires you to stack glass all the way to the top of the map, so the snow wont fit on top :D

• In IC1 i always used a single panel of glass over my solar panels, glass does not in my experience snow over.

A signature coming to this profile soon!

• Semi-ironic. I live in snow country and due to the angle of the sun and snow, solar is less of an option in northern latitudes. Move to a warmer biome! :)