Suggestion: Wood Maceration.

• i know this would take a relatively long time to code and i would not expect it soon, but being able to macerate any wood product should provide a player with a specified amount of Wood Dust, which you could put in a 2by2 grid to remake Planks (Particle Boards). this could be used to macerate stuff from old wooden tools, fences (from bases or abandoned Mines), logs (for efficiency like in a real lumber mill), saplings (since 1 saplings wouldn't be enough to make 1 plank), and sticks to remake them into planks. ratios could be as follows, also keep in mind 1 dusts is basically 1 stick worth of wood.

logs=24 dusts (6 planks at the cost of energy)
    wooden tools= (amount goes acroding to the amount of planks minus the sticks, shovel = 4 dusts, axes = 12 dusts)
    fences=6 dusts (exact amount to remake the amount of planks it took to make the fence)
    saplings=2 dusts
    Torch=1 dust

4 dusts = 1 plank
    (random idea)
    8 dusts + 1 Refined iron bar = 1 Reinforced Wooden Plank (these also do not burn, similar to Wooden Half Blocks)?

"the more people i kill, the better the chances are that i got the right one" ~Goblin Assassin: MtG

• You need glue and press in order to do something usable from wooden dust. And would you await durability from wooden dust?
    So 8 wooden dust + sticky resin (or slime) =Compressor=> ? wooden dust plates (or planks ?)
    Can be made paintable as CF blocks.
    If Alblaka able to make it usable like a RP2 covers? Sometimes cables need it badly. It can lower E.net lag significantly.

• Official Post

Wooddust. A good thing, but i see these people coming with "which uses does it have?" and i would answer ENOUGH to implement it. I mean even Silver was smashed down by nearby everyone and i saw several Wooddustthreads, which got pwned too.

Some of the possible uses:

Paper
    Planks
    Fuel (10 Dusts are as much as Charcoal)
    Macerting wooden Tools

• You need glue and press in order to do something usable from wooden dust. And would you await durability from wooden dust?
    So 8 wooden dust + sticky resin (or slime) =Compressor=> ? wooden dust plates (or planks ?)
    Can be made paintable as CF blocks.
    If Alblaka able to make it usable like a RP2 covers? Sometimes cables need it badly. It can lower E.net lag significantly.

well i was thinking just a simply "remake a plank" recipie but i guess you could use a resin and make it a + shaped recipie with 4 dusts and 1 resin.
    and they would remake regular plain old planks, that way you don;t have to waist a block ID. and if i remember right, Alblaka was going to make Textured Cfoam where you could simply Paint a CFoam to look like Wood, which would be the same as Reinforced Wood i suppose, so nevermind that idea :)

so ya'll think 4 dusts and 1 resin would make a "Composite Wood" and then you compress it to make Planks? i guesss that way you could also use this method to further justify the 6 planks from 1 log, syaing that you are using every bit of wood and dust, not just the planable sections and also using the Resin as a Filler the extend the use of the wood. sounds good to me.

also GregoriouT makes a valid point, maybe you could take 2 Wood Dust and 1 resin to make a paper instead of using Reed incase you can't find any or resin is just on hand and you'd prefer to use that instead. also i agree on the macerating of wooden tools, i mean really... who uses wooden tools? i think i use a wooden pick to get 3 cobble stone and after that it's all Stone and iron tools from there. except from the Wooden "Scrap" Hoe :p which is much more valuable if you dust it and make a piece of paper :p

"the more people i kill, the better the chances are that i got the right one" ~Goblin Assassin: MtG

• Eight wooden dusts per glue instead of four to result be based on wood but not glue. Must produce several result items.
    Slime as alternative for sticky resin just because it is sticky too.
    Wooden panel instead of planks to not be used in wooden tools and such recipes and in case Alblaka would want to play with cable connection restriction like RP2 covers.
    It is not bad to produce paper from wooden dust (like in Forestry) but imho glue is not needed in process. But would be good to use compressor for this. Not sure, can it make one paper from two wooden dusts.

• Eight wooden dusts per glue instead of four to result be based on wood but not glue. Must produce several result items.
    Slime as alternative for sticky resin just because it is sticky too.
    Wooden panel instead of planks to not be used in wooden tools and such recipes and in case Alblaka would want to play with cable connection restriction like RP2 covers.
    It is not bad to produce paper from wooden dust (like in Forestry) but imho glue is not needed in process. But would be good to use compressor for this. Not sure, can it make one paper from two wooden dusts.

first off in Particle Board the are comprised of over 30% glue, secondly if your going to make 8 dust equal 1 plank then your making the recipe underbalanced, your causing it to require 8 "sticks", "Glue", AND energy to make a single plank. that is no longer balanced, so sorry but no. 4 wooden dusts and 20% glue (1 resin or slime) is a fine balance in accordance with 2 "processes" from machines, 1-4 from a macerator and 1 from a compressor. That already, as is, is almost not worth the time when you could simply go cut down a tree and make new planks and toss your old wooden hoe, fences, and ladders out into a lake or into lava. this is an idea to recycle wooden items and to be productive not counter-productive and a waste of time.

• here is another idea for Wood Dust!

combine 1 wood dust and 1 fertalizer to create 1 "Pile of Peat" this would be used on crops to increase and maintain a higher hydration level.

• Wooddust. A good thing, but i see these people coming with "which uses does it have?" and i would answer ENOUGH to implement it. I mean even Silver was smashed down by nearby everyone and i saw several Wooddustthreads, which got pwned too.

Paper
    Planks
    Macerting wooden Tools

I'd love to see this as well. So far, the only practical use for wood is tied up into fuel and building, and in many cases it's better to use Marble or Cobble instead just for the sake of looks or durability...

Paper products would also be helpful for Thaumcraft and Forestry players, as it solves two problems related with those mods in terms of an excess/needed resource with planks -> paper...

And as always... having a Wooden tool in your chest because you don't want to 'waste' it is always embarrassing, especially if you are doing YouTube videos, lol...

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• I'd love to see this as well. So far, the only practical use for wood is tied up into fuel and building, and in many cases it's better to use Marble or Cobble instead just for the sake of looks or durability...

Paper products would also be helpful for Thaumcraft and Forestry players, as it solves two problems related with those mods in terms of an excess/needed resource with planks -> paper...

And as always... having a Wooden tool in your chest because you don't want to 'waste' it is always embarrassing, especially if you are doing YouTube videos, lol...

lol, very valid point, also yeah i could imagine opening a chest doing a youtube video and having like 1 wooden pick, 4 wooden axes, a wooden how and 5 wooden shovels and being like "oh wait that is my souveneir chest. this was all the items i had at the very beginning of the game. i keep them for nostalgia purposes. now carrying on!" lol

also you use wood for ladders and fences but almost everytime we all know for large projects you almost alway over compensate and make like 5 stacks too many, lol

• Wooddust. A good thing, but i see these people coming with "which uses does it have?" and i would answer ENOUGH to implement it. I mean even Silver was smashed down by nearby everyone and i saw several Wooddustthreads, which got pwned too.

Paper
    Planks
    Macerting wooden Tools

Make it possible to craft wood dusts into wood pellets by using a compressor. Should give you more eu than charcoal does.

Link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wood_pellet

• I'd love to see this as well. So far, the only practical use for wood is tied up into fuel and building, and in many cases it's better to use Marble or Cobble instead just for the sake of looks or durability...

What? Paper its the last thing i need, with cropstick i have like 27 patches of reed producing it Non Stop, i get like 128 reeds per trip to my farm (And this is with reeds planted with reeds (could not make some super reeds due to the cropanalizer being broken)

What? Paper its the last thing i need, with cropstick i have like 27 patches of reed producing it Non Stop, i get like 128 reeds per trip to my farm (And this is with reeds planted with reeds (could not make some super reeds due to the cropanalizer being broken)

Also going to assume you aren't making books for arcane research... Because there is a good chance that you would need to rapidly consume all of those supplies for research... :rolleyes:

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

• Also going to assume you aren't making books for arcane research... Because there is a good chance that you would need to rapidly consume all of those supplies for research... :rolleyes:

2 Project tables from RP2, 32-64 Books per trip and im waiting till i have 3 stack before using then on the Q-Table.

im waiting till i have 3 stack before using then on the Q-Table.

Case in point.. So how high are your wood reserves right now?

• Pretty low, mostly because im lazy to climb one of these super trees (I started in a jungle biome (sarcastic) yay), and saw my way to the bottom. 2 Stacks of wood that way, but i managed to get the axe of the stream recipe, so i guess my wood will skyrocket anytime now lol.

• Official Post

Pretty low, mostly because im lazy to climb one of these super trees (I started in a jungle biome (sarcastic) yay), and saw my way to the bottom. 2 Stacks of wood that way, but i managed to get the axe of the stream recipe, so i guess my wood will skyrocket anytime now lol.

Haha, i'm using CC-Miningturtle for this. :D
    I'm (or the turtles are) chopping down all the trees (including RP-Rubber and giant Jungletrees) like mad. After an hour i have 2 Doublechests filled up with wood, so guess why i would need Wooddust.

• Getting sugarcane for paper for maps and books is annoying without EE or Forestry.

(Side note: Forestry has two carpenter recipes, one to turn wood into wood pulp and another to turn wood pulp into paper)

• 1) Macerate any wooden items in chipmass
    2) Build chipmass fabricator
    3) Fabricate any wooden items by recipe system (4 * 4 grid) or by item sampling (same metod as ee condenser but only for wooden items)

actually this technology exist IRL (Chipboard)

You need many bookshelves
    Craft only one
    Place in fabricator
    Load chipmass

Now it will create bookshelves for you directly by consuming its cost in chipmass and some energy for every chipmass consumed, crafted from compressor and canner.

• i think my Wood Dust idea is far easier and doesn't require additional machine, device, or complex recipies.