[Suggestion] Nether wart requirements

• Hey boys n girls ;D i have a suggestion for nether wart. I dont think that this would be implemented or a good suggestion, but i would like to see that nether wart would require hellish enviroment. It would scan lets say 3x3 area for fire to be able to grow into lets say last stage or just for growing. Because nether wart should grow in hell where its hot. I dont know i may add something more to this idea to make it smoother but for now its good. I dont think that anyone will like this but thats what i would like to see. Making hellish looking farms.

Edit: also would be cool that it would need soulrand under the soil. But thats 2nd suggestion.

• Hey boys n girls ;D i have a suggestion for nether wart. I dont think that this would be implemented or a good suggestion, but i would like to see that nether wart would require hellish enviroment. It would scan lets say 3x3 area for fire to be able to grow into lets say last stage or just for growing. Because nether wart should grow in hell where its hot. I dont know i may add something more to this idea to make it smoother but for now its good. I dont think that anyone will like this but thats what i would like to see. Making hellish looking farms.
    Edit: also would be cool that it would need soulrand under the soil. But thats 2nd suggestion.

are you able to actually grow netherwort using the crop growing system these days? and i thought these only grew in the nether normally?

"the more people i kill, the better the chances are that i got the right one" ~Goblin Assassin: MtG

• are you able to actually grow netherwort using the crop growing system these days? and i thought these only grew in the nether normally?

its in the boozeception release. i prefer that there is no hell requirement to grow it though

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• are you able to actually grow netherwort using the crop growing system these days? and i thought these only grew in the nether normally?

Direwolf's ic2 1.90 mod spotlight. P.S. In change log alblaka told he added one vanilla plant to agriculture and we had only wart left.

• Direwolf's ic2 1.90 mod spotlight. P.S. In change log alblaka told he added one vanilla plant to agriculture and we had only wart left.

maybe Apples? :) or cactus, couldn;t grow cactus before, cocoa beans too. maybe even cross breed stuff with saplings? like make sapling, who once grown, can be shaved of it's leaves for "metal" dust? :D

"the more people i kill, the better the chances are that i got the right one" ~Goblin Assassin: MtG

• It could require a nether sand/netherrack block beneath the block to work.

thats more reasonable than recreating hell

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.

• Official Post

maybe Apples? :) or cactus, couldn;t grow cactus before, cocoa beans too. maybe even cross breed stuff with saplings? like make sapling, who once grown, can be shaved of it's leaves for "metal" dust? :D

Hey i can plant Cocoa in IC² 1.71 and i will do that on your IC² 1.81 Server to get needed brown Color.
    Cactus is needed (with Sand under Soil and low Hydration).
    Saplings have been denied for OP-reasons.
    Apples? just cut a few Oaks and that is.

Netherwart only in Nether and with Soulsand under it.

• Hey i can plant Cocoa in IC² 1.71 and i will do that on your IC² 1.81 Server to get needed brown Color.
    Cactus is needed (with Sand under Soil and low Hydration).
    Saplings have been denied for OP-reasons.
    Apples? just cut a few Oaks and that is.

Netherwart only in Nether and with Soulsand under it.

its already able to grow it not in hell.

• But it should be like i said.

agreed, i'm sure the air in the nether is alot hotter and contains brimstone dust and sulpher which netherwort requires, just like how Overworld plants would require CO2 and nitrogen. also soulsand could cause who knows what kind of problems in the regular world (can you say Doom 3?) lol i'd keep that Soul Feasting, fiery mushroom of doom in hell where it belongs. lol

• agreed, i'm sure the air in the nether is alot hotter and contains brimstone dust and sulpher which netherwort requires, just like how Overworld plants would require CO2 and nitrogen. also soulsand could cause who knows what kind of problems in the regular world (can you say Doom 3?) lol i'd keep that Soul Feasting, fiery mushroom of doom in hell where it belongs. lol

Yeah i rather have it grow overworld, since i barely stay more than 2 minutes in nether,but i bet i will see some nether wart to harvest after 50 trips or so.

• well ya. Nether wart should grow in nether but i dont spend alot of time in nether so its good to be able to farm wart. And as i heard there is new plant to grow that weed-ex ingrediant so it might do something with wart or maybe a new flower. So back to topic. Its suggestion to give some conditions wich makes wart growing interesting. Stop talking like im trying to suggest to make wart grow in overworld.

• either alblaka added some thing or one of us is going to look very stupid trying to place crops on anything but dirt

• your sence of humor never let me down ;D

lol, it would be cool to grow a tree that grows Snow Golems and you just have to beat then down like a piñata and then they start defending your house :p (growable only in tundra biomes)

• "it would be cool if there was a tree that grew Netherwort in the nether. and you'd have to beat it down like a piñata and collect it or for it to start growing on the soulsand below it. (Growable only in the Nether)" :D