Redstone output configuration

• Ok so with how energy storage units can output redstone to indicate things it would be nice to have a way to configure which sides it will output Redstone to. as i want to make a battery array with a charging indicator (using the redstone lamps) but if I put the batteries next to each other when they give off redstone they will disable the ones next to them. it would be nice if there was a configuration tool so that it only output-ed redstone on one side the side with the indicator light.

EDIT: well that was dumb. I should have tested it before hand. it doesn't seem to interact with the other batteries.

• if you still want to control which side something emits redstone signals take a look at computercraft

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• if you still want to control which side something emits redstone signals take a look at computercraft

He just want a way to make the Storage Block stop becoming a redstone emitter entirely but instead direct the signal to only one side of it. I do find annoying when blocks emit redstone signals from all faces instead of a configuration of which side you want the redstone to be emitted from.

• i think its an good idea,

but theres not realy an need i think. ;)

right, time to get serious...
    i wil be offline for weeks and possibly months at an time. if you have anything to add to an post i made, and would like me to know. you are welcome to pm me, and i wil reply as soon as i am able to do so.

• look, if u want to be compact. thats your isue. everybody has their own wish about how they wish it to set up.

i say, good idea (my opinion no need)

thats not an NO to the thread. if i want to be compact i go for RP wiring. (didnt try yet) didnt see the need. i like to build huge. "hence my 1000 mill massive energy storage"

i wil be offline for weeks and possibly months at an time. if you have anything to add to an post i made, and would like me to know. you are welcome to pm me, and i wil reply as soon as i am able to do so.

• Official Post

Signaltransmition like CC, good but why not go much further:

You have 6 directions => 6 options to emit Restone (5 if the Outputfacing is invalid)

So the one Redstonebutton yould be replaced with Six (one for every direction), so you can apply more than one signaltype for ONE Storageblock!!!

You can shut it Off with inserting RS on the one side and detect if its full, empty or partially filled on three other sides.

This way it would be easier to Control a Soundlagging flickering Geothermalplant or a Nuclearreactor without BC3!!!

This idea is great.

• i think its an good idea,

but theres not realy an need i think. ;)

i think its a good idea too, because my main problem is when i'm trying to change the redstone output setting when the stoarge unit if against a transformer it inverts the signal and explodes everything. granted i don;t make that mistake anymore but it'd be nice to not have to worrk about that nonsence.

"the more people i kill, the better the chances are that i got the right one" ~Goblin Assassin: MtG

• valid point,

i am starting to think there actualy would be an need for it. just for ease of use. works for me

now to this point, how do we configur the output side? shift - click redstone?

• meh, maybe the shift click with visable texture - default would be in the back. changing can be done with shift clicking (no redstone consumed?)

• Official Post

meh, maybe the shift click with visable texture - default would be in the back. changing can be done with shift clicking (no redstone consumed?)

I ment that there are five Redstonebuttons (like the first one) are there and the position in relation of the Outputfacing will be shown in a Picture (Background of GUI), like that.

:Intergrated Plating: :Energy Crystal:
    :Energy Crystal: :Energy Crystal: :Energy Crystal:
    :Intergrated Plating: :Energy Crystal:

• meh, maybe the shift click with visable texture - default would be in the back. changing can be done with shift clicking (no redstone consumed?)

how about shift+Click With Redstone Dust in order to coat that side of the storage device with redstone enabling it to send signals. you could Coat any of the Input faces but not the output face since it would have a cable in it anyways.

"the more people i kill, the better the chances are that i got the right one" ~Goblin Assassin: MtG

• Official Post

how about shift+Click With Redstone Dust in order to coat that side of the storage device with redstone enabling it to send signals. you could Coat any of the Input faces but not the output face since it would have a cable in it anyways.

This wouldnt make you able of using more than one diffrent Redstonebehaviour at once, so thats a bad Idea.

• This wouldnt make you able of using more than one diffrent Redstonebehaviour at once, so thats a bad Idea.

i thought they just wanted to basically say "Redstone signal only comes from this side" not "i want 3 different types of signals"