[Suggestion] Equip-matron

• So, seeing how this thread here kinda got shot down by al,
    I want to suggest something I came up with inspired by the other idea, but with a different approach.

Inventory sorting is annoying.
    Less time spent moving items around = More time LAZRORING building epic spaceships.

Put this in your crafting table and the equip-matron makes sure
    you are always well-equipped for whatever task you're working on!

The front!

The back!

So what does it actually do?
    Right-click - opens a simple GUI with 9 slots. Put stuff in there.
    Left-clicking - will swap every item in your hotbar with the items stored.

Simple as that.

The aforementioned simple GUI!

What for?
    Leave the equip-matron near your various projects to be ready for any task with only one click.

Popular setups:
    The miner:

The DJ:

The spaceship engineer:

The hunter:

The reactor maintenance :

The expert griefer:

The agriculturist:

...and many more possible setups. Customize it to your own needs!

Still in development - The amazing cargo-tron
    Works the same way as the mk I, but it stores exaclty the amount of items you can carry (without the hotbar).
    Endless possibilities! Not OP at all!
    If so, replacing the redstone with UU should be fine!
    But it's totally not OP!

• well i give you +1 for presentation

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• it does not often hapen that i have to grin during reading of an suggestion, (mostly i start with an Grrrrrr....)

il ceep an eye to this, when its finished i wil post again, but so far. seems good ;) easy to code.

imagine: dump ur used equips next to ur door in an chest, walk to ur processing plant. and when you leave the plant. pick up the recharged tools in another chest next to ur door.

"glee's at complicated RP and BC pipings and redstone cirquits" 8o

right, time to get serious...
    i wil be offline for weeks and possibly months at an time. if you have anything to add to an post i made, and would like me to know. you are welcome to pm me, and i wil reply as soon as i am able to do so.

• Quite honestly, this is how i though that other suggestion should have done.

I'll give you my support for this. (If al shot this one down too, i may or may not code it myself if i ever start modding seriously, stupid forge doesn't want to update to 1.2.5 yet, besides should be nice practice i guess)

• Forge technically has updated to 1.2.5... Just not a very good build yet.

Also support this. Maybe not an entire inventory swap (little OP), but the hotbar swap is a great idea.

...What? There's no pineapples here.

GENERATION Pineapple: The first pineapple you see, copy it into your sig on any forum and add sqrt(-1) to the generation. Pineapple experiment.

• hmm. Pritty nice idea. It reminds me abit my tool box like placeable thingy ;D Thumbs up but i dont like how you can spaw all hotbar. Im still sticking to my tool box placeable thing wich has no gui and can store 1 or a abit more items

• hmm. Pritty nice idea. It reminds me abit my tool box like placeable thingy ;D Thumbs up but i dont like how you can spaw all hotbar. Im still sticking to my tool box placeable thing wich has no gui and can store 1 or a abit more items

There's a link to your thread in the first sentence I wrote, explaining that this idea originally stems from your suggestion ;D
    Maybe it's even worth suggesting a whole product family?

Toolshed > 1 tool, no GUI, wooden recipe
    Equipmatron > Entire hotbar, GUI, machine block recipe
    Cargotron > Whole inventory (no hotbar), GUI, advanced machine block recipe

(yeah I'm not so good with naming things, do the machines that load and unload the containers on ships have a name?)

• There's a link to your thread in the first sentence I wrote, explaining that this idea originally stems from your suggestion ;D
    Maybe it's even worth suggesting a whole product family?

Toolshed > 1 tool, no GUI, wooden recipe
    Equipmatron > Entire hotbar, GUI, machine block recipe
    Cargotron > Whole inventory (no hotbar), GUI, advanced machine block recipe

(yeah I'm not so good with naming things, do the machines that load and unload the containers on ships have a name?)

another +1 from me for the toolshed. I want ma'PEGBOARD! :D or equivalent there of

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• This is something I can agree with. I can see myself having to run out, stop for a second, right-click on the Equipmatron, then continue going. No more having to sort my stuff out before hand. Add in BC/RP support to continuously keep the machine stocked and it's a friggen dream.

+9001