{discussion} random ideas for the use of energy

• this is in the same theme as mijnboogje's thread http://forum.industrial-craft.…page=Thread&threadID=5671 the same rules apply its meant as a safe flame free place to work out an idea before posting a suggestion the only difference is its about uses for eu rather than ways to generate eu
    -Hayo!

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• ill start i guess here is one how about a loom?
    uses i got so far:
    1. turn sticky resin or rubber into string (polyester)
    2. turn 1 coal dust into 2 carbon fibers or 1 carbon fiber into 2 raw carbon fiber mesh's (but probably not both that may be op)
    3. turn 1 reed into 2 paper

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.

• Official Post

I've not found any Idea how to use Energy, while looking at the Addonsections.

Even if it's a very good Idea to make a Thread for Energyconsumers it's still a bit useless because EVERY Machine uses Energy and with that logic every Machinesuggestion would land here and you get a huge Chaos.

• I've not found any Idea how to use Energy, while looking at the Addonsections.

Even if it's a very good Idea to make a Thread for Energyconsumers it's still a bit useless because EVERY Machine uses Energy and with that logic every Machinesuggestion would land here and you get a huge Chaos.

there are 2 kinds of suggestions generally produce eu, and consume eu this is simply a place to hash out the bugs and would be no more chaotic than the other thread

• New kind of explosive.

Has no cap to energy (or really, really high if there is code issues) and the explosion is based off of the amount of energy. Automatically triggers based on when it's set to explode. (IE: If set to 1000 EU it automatically explodes once it hits 1000.)

Immune to fire, other explosives, and redstone signals.

Requires Nukes, Iridium, etc, etc.

...What? There's no pineapples here.

GENERATION Pineapple: The first pineapple you see, copy it into your sig on any forum and add sqrt(-1) to the generation. Pineapple experiment.

• so something like a plasma bomb? the more energy supplied the more plasma is created and compressed in a magnetic bottle?

• We already have those. We call them Mk V reactors. :)

Those are child's play to what I'm suggesting.

I'm talking 10+ Trillion EU bombs.

so something like a plasma bomb? the more energy supplied the more plasma is created and compressed in a magnetic bottle?

Essentially.

...What? There's no pineapples here.

GENERATION Pineapple: The first pineapple you see, copy it into your sig on any forum and add sqrt(-1) to the generation. Pineapple experiment.

• A few nukes coudl crash a world on older comps. What you're suggesting is essentially a guaranteed way to render a map completely unusable. That, in my opion, would be pointless.

• Those are child's play to what I'm suggesting.

I'm talking 10+ Trillion EU bombs.

Essentially.

how about different recipes for different energy capacities of bomb for example
    :HV-Transformer::Iridium::Advanced Circuit:
    :Iridium::Electrolyzed Water Cell::Iridium:
    :Advanced Circuit::Iridium::MFS-Unit:
    makes a high capacity bomb while
    :LV-Transformer::Intergrated Plating::Electronic Circuit:
    :Intergrated Plating::Coolant Cell::Intergrated Plating:
    :Electronic Circuit::Intergrated Plating::Batbox:
    is a low capacity bomb
    also how about adding the option of making the blast directional?