Making Flour with wheat into the macerator

• As said in the title, I think it could be interesting if we could make flour by puting wheat in the macerator ...
    What's useful with flower ?
    Smelt it and it will directly give you Bread (so you get 6 time more bread than with normal recipe)

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• like better than wolves? i do think better food efficiency using machines would be good

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• Sounds like the mill from Better than wolves. 6x the bread is pretty overpowered though, don't you think? Maybe if the process was more complicated like adding water to make some dough first.

1x water bucket : 2x flour = 1x dough

Then bake it in the furnace to make some bread.

That would make the equation atleast a little more balanced.

• 1x water bucket : 2x flour = 1x dough

Sounds like the mill from Runescape. ;)

As a lover of wheat farms in sizes which drop 200+ wheat in one harvest, with no work other than flipping a lever whenever you are in the mood, I will say that wheat is slightly unbalanced as it is. I don't personally see any need for more bread than I can already make.

However, if it could make extra bread but also be used as a renewable alternative to an otherwise non-renewable component (body in construction foam, propellant in gunpowder, binder in TNT?) I'm all for it. Wood and seed fiber are used those applications all the time.

• dont think this wil add much but,

grinding weat = 2 flour.
    hydrating flour = 1 bucket of water serounded by 8 flour (similar to coal dust)
    cooking bread = in an furnace. 1 dough yields 1 bread.

cant put in any more simple.
    but 6 bread / weat? no.... that WAY to OP, make it 2 and im happy. not like i wil ever use it...

right, time to get serious...
    i wil be offline for weeks and possibly months at an time. if you have anything to add to an post i made, and would like me to know. you are welcome to pm me, and i wil reply as soon as i am able to do so.

• This sounds like a great way to make fodder for your recycler to make scrap out of.

Alblaka says:

"People using their intellect in attempts to discuss other people into the ground could be considered less intellectual then people using their intellect for something beneficial :3"

• Well, obviously more bread would be OP. But here in Industrialcraft we like to improve on the primitive life we are usually stuck with in Minecraft. So, instead of that sucky peasant-bread, why don't we have some sort of way to use those tasty wheats to make some high effectiveness super-bread? Perhaps 3 flour, 1 bucket of water,& 1 egg.

But why stop there, when we have so many item ID's to fill?
    How about some sort of combined lunch, 1 super-bread, 1 apple, 1 steak/porkchop/fish/chicken, and 1 seeds (sprouts, bro) makes a delicious pack lunch that restores 6 food, and provides 5 hearts of healing instantly! Of course, this bad boy can't be canned, because his purpose is to provide you an extremely dense, high calorie meal that can be kept in mass quantities for super long exploratory voyages.

I mean, if you REALLY wanted to go all-out, you could make the crafting totally open-ended. I bet the pixel artists would be nuts for making a thousand different foods in 16x16 pixel art. (XD)

• This sounds like a great way to make fodder for your recycler to make scrap out of.

thats what the blacklist is for if an item becomes a problem it wont recycle and a cobble gen is still a better source of scrap

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"