Problem: IC2 instructions completely unlinked. Wiki needs to die in a fire.

• Instead of complaining, why you people don't join the wiki team and do the changes yourself?

Because when people do that, not only is the flavor text put back in, the helpful information they tried to add is removed. The wiki is intentionally bad, not instrumentally so

• Because when people do that, not only is the flavor text put back in, the helpful information they tried to add is removed. The wiki is intentionally bad, not instrumentally so

Oh, I'd love to see the proof of this. Please, post any logfiles, notes, HTML snippets that actually back this wonderful theory. I'm dying to see it :D

GENERATION SIGMA-A44: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 4(N+3/2 - X) to the generation.

Anti-Social experiment.

• As off-putting as her/his presentation can often be, RawCode has identified the worst of the pages I saw. Many are better, mind you. The Terraformer Blueprints page, for instance, manages to be both entertainingly flavorful and meaningfully informative. It could do with some information on how large an area each blueprint affects and what the EU costs are like, if they differ from setting to setting, but at least I know what to expect when I hook it up. The Advanced Circuit page indicates what recipes it's used in, and that is exactly what I want to know when I navigate to it. What's more, I like the advertising sloganeering presentation. I've considered signing up just to localize it, as a native English speaker, because it's really a nice touch. But reading through some of those History pages put me off that idea entirely. Nothing I wrote would include the word "hayo" at any point, which apparently marks me as some sort of blasphemer, and the tendency appears to be wholesale reversion to the current standard, not integration of the strengths of new material. It looks like cliquishness, and I have no interest in straining to earn in-group status just to volunteer my editing skills.

The pro-information response to something like the Chainsaw clarifications would have been to restore the much-beloved comedy intro, write a segue into the useful information, and let it be merged in like that. Threatening to ban a user who contributed more detailed information without visible animosity indicates, to me, that the administrators of the wiki want it to have the flaws it has and look down their noses at alternative styles. They probably don't think of them as flaws, if they're going to aggressively perpetuate them like that, but I'm not twisting my definitions around to soothe their egos.

I don't care about the wiki, personally, as long as I get certain minimal information out of it. That information is present, and I'm content. I don't feel any need to open threads whining and howling about the community operating the IC wiki not meeting my standards for information resources. And there are active wikis for some games I play that are intentionally filled with misinformation as a joke, so it's not even particularly awful, as community-level projects like this go. It's just not exactly Good, either, and the parts that hold it back from that level look deliberate, from the outside.

• Because when people do that, not only is the flavor text put back in, the helpful information they tried to add is removed. The wiki is intentionally bad, not instrumentally so

IMHO; if you want a soul-less wiki that exposes every secret/trick/technique/tidbit of information in a lovely dot-point format, then there's nothing stopping you from creating one. It's quite clear by some of the revisions that the overall artistic style of the current wiki is intended to be preserved; it's not a Haynes manual, fer petessake.

Perhaps you should be writing your contributions in keeping with the style of the wiki, instead of trying to impose your own ideals on it? Just a thought.

"Why is that unhappy green pe*is running towards you?" - Minecraft first impressions live long.

• wiki is source of information, not HAYO bullshit.
    if i want to read something artistic i will read book, not IC2 wiki.

As I said, if you don't like the style, no-one's stopping you writing your own. Considering that in the old days of IC there was no wiki at all, just a randomly-updated front page to a forum thread, I'd say your complaints come across as, frankly, churlish. There are a number of examples on the wiki that quite well illustrate that useful information can be imparted while keeping within the theme and tone of the overall design.

"Why is that unhappy green pe*is running towards you?" - Minecraft first impressions live long.