Suggestion: Portable light source

• Do want? 17

1. Yes (13) 76%
    2. No (4) 24%

It pretty much speaks for itself. A portable source of light would be an awesome addition to IC2, and it could run off EU. I think it should be quite costly (maybe include a diamond in the cost), given the benefits it would provide.

• That can all be got around to be honest. The developer of forge could be contacted etc etc. How likely it is to happen I don't know. However I still think it's a good idea, which has only been denied twice as far as the compendium lists. One time Alblaka stated that it was entirely against the scheme of minecraft, however I disagree. It could easily be balanced by making it emit a lower level of light (lower than a torch). This would make it so that even though you have a portable light, it only lights up a few blocks around you. It would also be better balanced if the light source had to be the currently active item. This would make it so that switching to another tool (or weapon) would remove the light source. I still think it's a good idea, and if Alblaka doesn't want to add it into IC2, then perhaps another developer could make an IC2 addon to provide this functionality. I'm certain that I'm not the only person who likes this idea. To get an idea of what the general consensus is, I'll add a poll to this thread.

• no, dont want it. dont need it.

sure, it has been denied before but this is just personal preference.

right, time to get serious...
    i wil be offline for weeks and possibly months at an time. if you have anything to add to an post i made, and would like me to know. you are welcome to pm me, and i wil reply as soon as i am able to do so.

the compedium is err... out dated. if you actually read it you would have read that you MUST run a search before posting
    also it doesn't matter how many times its been rejected a rejection is a rejection this will not happen

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• Portable Light?
    *cough*torchesareportable*cough*

"A modern tank can speed at 60 mph while shooting a target with pinpoint accuracy from 5 miles away." Civ-5