Infinite Energy/Mass: UU-matter, reactors and breeders.

• So I've been thinking about some end-game scaleable goals and the idea of a perpetual-everything machine intrigued me. Ofcourse I could build nx solar or wind farms, to produce enough energy to (renewably) to make anything I wanted.

Problem with this is that it would lag out my world & take too long/cost too much to bother starting.

TL-DL; Result is to (with an initial input of machines & starter uranium) produce enough power to make UU-matter uranium*. Then to turn this uranium into deleplated uranium cells (increasing the effective energy yield of each uu-matter expenditure) and recharge them via a breeder into full uranium cells. These refreshed cells then go to produce energy to make more UU-matter and, hopefully, a surplus.

Are there any flaws to my plan?

• Really?! Balls. (and anyway, I thought it was different to what you've posted, the recipie.)

Okay second question same theme, if you pump in more EU to a mass-fab, it will simply make UUM quicker?

• I'm not to sure about that, but scrap makes the process goes by A LOT faster with some Scrap in the fabricator. Sadly, i don't think that'll help.

• Official Post

Really?! Balls. (and anyway, I thought it was different to what you've posted, the recipie.)

Okay second question same theme, if you pump in more EU to a mass-fab, it will simply make UUM quicker?

The more EU the faster it is. Scrap makes it six times cheaper/faster for the next 5000EU you pump in.

Look at my Tutorialthread for Details about Massfabricating.

• I can't believe this concept is an exploit as it requires
    1) A decent understanding and use of larger scale breeders

2) A large'n'chunky power infrastructure (3 MFSU's per reactor, multiple reactors for speed)

3) Only vanillia IC2, to achieve some pretty epic results.

• I can't believe this concept is an exploit as it requires
    1) A decent understanding and use of larger scale breeders

2) A large'n'chunky power infrastructure (3 MFSU's per reactor, multiple reactors for speed)

3) Only vanillia IC2, to achieve some pretty epic results.

The UU-matter recipe was removed just to prevent the abusing of the reactor system. After the reactor output was doubled, you could have easily made 12 UU-matter from a single uranium cell with an eff 1 reactor if the recipe wasn't removed. With some breeders and an 4+ efficiency CASUC the gain from that would have been outright rediculous.

• The UU-matter recipe was removed just to prevent the abusing of the reactor system. After the reactor output was doubled, you could have easily made 12 UU-matter from a single uranium cell with an eff 1 reactor if the recipe wasn't removed. With some breeders and an 4+ efficiency CASUC the gain from that would have been outright rediculous.

Without breeding, making 1 uranium cell costs (between 1-9mil EU) 7Mil EU.

1 Uraniumum cell makes 2-10mil EU, depending on 1-5 eff. I presume a normal 2-3eff reactor will translate that into 4-6mil EU. Now with this your running an EU deficit. I also don't see eff 4+ reactors that can run anywhere near a full cycle. At maximum 5 eff from v.dangerous CASUC you could make 10mil EU = 10 UUM.

So with that, whilst a reactor can make lots of energy, using UUM to power a reactor is unsustainable without using breeders. So I stand by my original premise.

• Without breeding, making 1 uranium cell costs (between 1-9mil EU) 7Mil EU.

1 Uraniumum cell makes 2-10mil EU, depending on 1-5 eff. I presume a normal 2-3eff reactor will translate that into 4-6mil EU. Now with this your running an EU deficit. I also don't see eff 4+ reactors that can run anywhere near a full cycle. At maximum 5 eff from v.dangerous CASUC you could make 10mil EU = 10 UUM.

So with that, whilst a reactor can make lots of energy, using UUM to power a reactor is unsustainable without using breeders. So I stand by my original premise.

One UU-matter costs about 166k EU if you feed the mass fabricator scrap. Around 34 pieces of scrap(one piece of scrap costs around 200-350EU) are needed for each UUM. So no, making an uranium cell costs around 1-1,16 million EU.

• Using scrap is not sustainable. Making 57 stacks of material (108 UU-matter's worth) is not easy nor is it quick. Sure you could make a bunch of energy with 108 uu matter but after that, what would you suggest?

I might be wrong but I think it would be quicker to mine raw uranimum than it would be to provide scrap for a mass fab. Vanillia IC2 ofc.

Why not make UU matter made without scrap-amplifers as refined UU or triple UUU matter, using a distinct recipie list (so valuble ores, resin, irridum etc to be only craftable when not using scrap).

• Official Post

Why not make UU matter made without scrap-amplifers as refined UU or triple UUU matter, using a distinct recipie list (so valuble ores, resin, irridum etc to be only craftable when not using scrap).

UUM = Universal Usage Matter
    UUUM = Ultimate Universal Usage Matter???

It's intended that the Uranium is a nonrenewable Resource. It's whole Value bases on that.

• It is sustainable to use scrap, you can shoot at least 10 stacks of cobble/dirt/gravel with the mining laser in 15 minutes,but it takes some energy. It's still cheaper/easier to run than without scrap. When I was playing vanilla IC2 a while ago I used a plant of 16 recyclers right next to mine to produce my scrap and a a power chokepoint to make sure that my mass fab didn't run without scrap.

• Using scrap is not sustainable. Making 57 stacks of material (108 UU-matter's worth) is not easy nor is it quick.
    <snip>

wanna bet? there's two easy ways to make scrap sustainable.
    Note a *lot* of people have Buildcraft, Redpower or both installed along side Industrialcraft. There's ways of making a cobble gen in both BC and RP2. Granted the Redpower one is much easier and quicker though.