Use of dynamite in hardcore PVP.

• I realized that dynamite doesn't make a good weapon if you just randomly chuck it while slashing with a sword. I thought of some better ways to use it.

1. Dynamite is a mining tool, first and foremost. It could be used to blow through iron doors, walls, piston doors, locks, and defenses very quickly.

2. The dynamite remote means that you can blow bridges behind you, retreating and buying precious time during an attack.

3. Though dynamite isn't that powerful, explosions scare the hell out of people.When charging a tower some explosions might make them duck. Watch the limited throw range though.

4. If the enemy is in a enclosed area, and can't jump out of the way, eg. a tower, a lot of harm can be done. I find a great deal of the damage is actually fall damage, and the enemy is trapped in a quickly growing hole.

If anyone thinks of more, post.

1. OMG CREEPER RUN AWAY!
    2. Go away, you creeper wierdo!
    3. What ever, I'll just go around.
    4. Hup, over their heads I go!
    5. Okay Mister living grenade, I'm going to knock you into those skeletons, and I'll follow through with a nano saber. Understood? FOR THE ALMIGHTLY DRAGON LORD!

• Official Post

TNT needs to be placed and fused... instead of 3 TNT, you can have 16 Sticks of Dynamite. which can be thrown within a few seconds, blowing up quite a fine area.
    Enemy entrenched + dynamite = Damaged enemy in a hole.

• TNT needs to be placed and fused... instead of 3 TNT, you can have 16 Sticks of Dynamite. which can be thrown within a few seconds, blowing up quite a fine area.
    Enemy entrenched + dynamite = Damaged enemy in a hole.

Yup... in the PvP case, dynamite is more useful as an anti-bunker weapon more than anything else... only exception I would imagine is if you are dealing with Re. Stone or maybe Obsidian bases... (in which case, tis better to nuke the crap out of them anyway...)

Which as my black, Scottish friend would say... Demoman?

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• Yup... in the PvP case, dynamite is more useful as an anti-bunker weapon more than anything else... only exception I would imagine is if you are dealing with Re. Stone or maybe Obsidian bases... (in which case, tis better to nuke the crap out of them anyway...)

Which as my black, Scottish friend would say... Demoman?

Makes me wonder... Will we get a sticky launcher and 'nade launcher with the Industrium Conflict update?

(Not asking though...)

• Or just take your :Mining Laser: and PWN everyone with the explosive mode MinecraftCreeper

The mining laser is superior in the way it has long range (I think it is unlimited and I don't think the damage decreases over distance, someone check please) and does more damage, but is very energy intensive. I think you can spam explosive shots too, and TNT for dynamite is a bit hard to get. But I think that when you aren't very endgame, dynamite is easier to get than enough EU for a lot of shots.

1. OMG CREEPER RUN AWAY!
    5. Okay Mister living grenade, I'm going to knock you into those skeletons, and I'll follow through with a nano saber. Understood? FOR THE ALMIGHTLY DRAGON LORD!

• A single mining laser can hold enough charge for 40 shots, so power isn't that much of an issue (dynamite is limited to 40 a stack), and a lappack can hold enough juice for an additional 120 (if you can spare a moment to sacrifice your chest armor). I feel that using a high-quality mob trap would make finding gunpowder for tnt as trivial as finding energy for the mining laser as well; but since the explosive range of the dynamite is limited to 1 block when attacking dirt, while the mining laser can create a 3-4 block wide explosion in dirt, I feel that the laser is definately superior. Plus, if your opponent has erected an explosion-resistant wall (out of CF, say), you can change to longrange mod and blast it away. But this is all theorycrafting; I'm interested to know what would happen 'in the field', so to speak.

• It's gravity means that it can be lobbed over small walls. So I concur, this is only really useful as a bunker buster, as it can't be lobbed that high anyway.

1. OMG CREEPER RUN AWAY!

• By the way, I asked the second question because everyone is dropping the vanilla server in favor of Bukkit. That's bad for a number of reasons, so I'm asking if anyone would use a hardcore SMP mod for the vanilla server.

• You know, dynamite would be more useful if I had a gun or launcher of some sort to throw it farther. But I'd have to b an one eyed black Scotsman to use it....

1. OMG CREEPER RUN AWAY!

• By the way, I asked the second question because everyone is dropping the vanilla server in favor of Bukkit. That's bad for a number of reasons, so I'm asking if anyone would use a hardcore SMP mod for the vanilla server.

The bukkit team works for Mojang now. The vanilla server will more than likely have the key features of bukkit implemented. (such as event triggers)

• Hardcore PvP with mods... who would make that?

I'd be interested in something like that. There are similar series going on on youtube. I'd love to try something similar only with mods. Maybe that should get its own topic to see if there is enough interest in this idea?

I hate Bukkit, but don't hate me. (See what I did there? ;)) I would use that on my server, so yeah, sounds cool.

Haikus are poems

They don't always make sense

Potato