Infinite Uranium and nuclear supplies (Requires additonal mods)

• Official Post

fourtyseconth? /grammarnazi

Thanks, i changed it.

Quite a ridiculous thing anyways, you could gain more stuff just by investing that EMC in collectors or something, there isn't really any reason to run a CASUC reactor for a couple of hours if you could just do something more profitable, less laggy, safer and faster. Makes nuclear reactors useless if you're using EE, enough energy for a q-suit can be acquired more quickly and easily in other manners.

If Collectors are disabled by an intelligent Serverhoster, then you wont be able to do that.

• Intresting. Not a big deal in terms of "M(_)5T B3 F1X3D N00000W".

Out of interest shouldn't the Technic pack be banned from the forums due to it containing illegitimate mods (it has got permission from some but no where near all of them). Besides that pack is dropping in quality so fast (I mean EE and Thaumcraft are both good mods (well the second one at least) but in a technological pack!?!)- it's hit that point Fairchild was talking about when modders/pirates care more about getting as many people as possible than actually making good quality stuff (Fairchild gave the example of him adding a million wool colors to BTW to try and get more users).

• I know EE only from Direwolf so i cant say how much Uranium costs but they said 6 Diamonds.

Diamonds are worth 8192 EMC each. Uranium is worth about 45K EMC per piece. Uranium is the third most EMC valuable object in the game that I know of, after Red and Dark Matter. One piece of Uranium during the early game will just about set me up for a BC pump/geotherm setup, including the iron from my first three mining runs or so; so yes, it probably is a little bit OP.

EE still gets too much abuse from people though, in my opinion. EE 2 has been rebalanced a lot, and I still can't get solar replicator arrays in less than 15 real world hours of play.

Another point to understand is that only raw materials (and with rare exceptions, only *vanilla* raw materials) are replicable at all; and iron and above are sufficiently expensive that it's not worth doing unless you're at the replicator stage. The old scam of large enough cobble generator = win has been fixed; it's not worth doing at all, any more. There is no real way to make it work.

If I want to make machines, I still have to build them the same as anyone else. EE's factory blocks are directly replicable, but most of its' tools and weapons aren't.

• Okay, I'd admit it. I use the difference between the value of bread in EMC and the value in vis to duplicate diamonds. Doesn't feel very cheaty when I use it, considering it took me weeks IRL to get the duplicator discovery and to finally get a return on investment. I also literally dumped in 20 something diamonds and transmutated it into to TNT, which I used to craft into sticky dynamite to help control a taint infection caused by the massive amounts of taint I was creating.

1. OMG CREEPER RUN AWAY!
    2. Go away, you creeper wierdo!
    3. What ever, I'll just go around.
    4. Hup, over their heads I go!
    5. Okay Mister living grenade, I'm going to knock you into those skeletons, and I'll follow through with a nano saber. Understood? FOR THE ALMIGHTLY DRAGON LORD!

• I also literally dumped in 20 something diamonds and transmutated it into to TNT, which I used to craft into sticky dynamite to help control a taint infection caused by the massive amounts of taint I was creating.

This is the reason why I don't use Thaumcraft. Its' only unique functionality is the Thaumic Repairer. Literally everything else, I can get with another mod, and with said other mods, I don't have taint to deal with.

• Official Post

This is the reason why I don't use Thaumcraft. Its' only unique functionality is the Thaumic Repairer. Literally everything else, I can get with another mod, and with said other mods, I don't have taint to deal with.

C'mon, if the huge natural tainted Area, right next to the GregTower2, got killed by me, then everyone else can do that too. And TNT is not a Solution against Taint, try the Wand of Equal Trade and a few Stacks of Cobble, and turn that Taint into Cobblestone!

And here a List of a few really unique and positive Thaumcraftfeatures:

Wand of Equal Trade (casn replace normal Blocks with the Blocks in your Inventory)
    Wand of Water (can produce Obsidianbridges in the Nether)
    The Repairer (repairing Stuff)
    The occultic Enchanter (enchanting where you can choose which one you want)
    The Axe of the Stream (chopping down HUGE Trees and other wooden Stuff with one hit)
    Wand of Bone/Bow of Bone (who doesnt want a Skeletonarmy?)
    Elemental Cutter (Why going to the Enemy, when he can come to you?)
    The portable Hole (Because going through Doors is too Mainstream)

This List excludes Features, like the Vissystem or the Researchsystem, which are also awesome.

• This is the reason why I don't use Thaumcraft. Its' only unique functionality is the Thaumic Repairer. Literally everything else, I can get with another mod, and with said other mods, I don't have taint to deal with.

Taint is dead simple to deal with once you have the right items. Just suck the taint out of the air with vis condensers and once it gets low enough everything will revert.
    I've even seen taint control systems on frame machines before. fly it in, add tainted crystal and wait.

as to thaumcraft: I *much* prefer it over something like EE as it's a hell of a lot more balanced.

course 1.3.1 and Arcanacraft is going to be a bit different when it comes out. (TC2 isn't being released for 1.3.1)

• I was new to Thaumcraft back then, and didn't know about cool stuff like the wand of equal trade. But Anzour, or however that name is spelt, is going to change the taint mechanics massively in a unreleased way. I'm staying tuned. :thumbup:

1. OMG CREEPER RUN AWAY!
    2. Go away, you creeper wierdo!
    3. What ever, I'll just go around.
    4. Hup, over their heads I go!
    5. Okay Mister living grenade, I'm going to knock you into those skeletons, and I'll follow through with a nano saber. Understood? FOR THE ALMIGHTLY DRAGON LORD!

I was new to Thaumcraft back then, and didn't know about cool stuff like
    the wand of equal trade. But Anzour, or however that name is spelt, is
    going to change the taint mechanics massively in a unreleased way. I'm
    staying tuned. :thumbup:

This is what worries me about Thaumcraft 3 (Arcanacraft), if I remember correctly Azanor stated that he was no longer going to use the vis/taint opposing forces and he was opening up the thread to suggestions for what it should consist of, 4/5ths of them I didn't think had any salvageable idea that I would want in a mod and some were needlessly complex like one about using a telescope to chart out stars and acquiring research that way

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• You can convert uranium to ungodly amount of energy and stuff. so, any mod that allows crafting uranium for anything but ungodly amount of stuff, will be broken if used with IC.

Including Thaumcraft, with it's duplicator.

Also, I want to add that Thaumcraft has a lot of things that are hard, or not possible to do with other mods.

Zephyrus sword - fast HORIZONTAL movement in air, something that is IMPOSSIBLE with jetpacks.

Wand of Equal trade - instant digging up of veins. Not 100% perfect, but it digs clay, glowstone and trees amazingly good. Can be also used for changing your house material and such.

Occult enchanter and repairer - awesome.

Wand of lightning - puts laser to shame, because does not require much aiming and does not damage scenery.

Boots of striding etc - awesome mobility, something that quantoom boots should be, but aren't.

Seals - easy teleport, farming, mob grinding, etc.

And lot of it is accessible even before research is started.

In term of power level, it leaves IC behind by far. Only two thing from IC I am missing are long range laser mode and jetpack.

• Official Post

Zephyrus sword - fast HORIZONTAL movement in air, something that is IMPOSSIBLE with jetpacks.

It can also move you upwards, what is not horizontal.

Wand of Equal trade - instant digging up of veins. Not 100% perfect, but it digs clay, glowstone and trees amazingly good. Can be also used for changing your house material and such.

And dont forget to combine it with the Wand of Water, to obsidianize Netherlavalakes and then harvest Obsidian with it at insane speed.

Boots of striding etc - awesome mobility, something that quantoom boots should be, but aren't.

They are not so good, as they speed you up, even when you dont need it. Quantumpants are therefor better.

• ]And dont forget to combine it with the Wand of Water, to obsidianize Netherlavalakes and then harvest Obsidian with it at insane speed.

Wow.. totally didn't think of using equal trade for obsidian. I mostly used it for easily finishing the walls of basement rooms. (replace all dirt with smoothstone)
    Though I don't think I need that much obsidian that i'll go to the nether. Definitely useful for doing lakes and ravine bottoms though.

• Obsidian grants a lot of vis in crubicle.

Also, best thing to use with WoET are saplings. They just drop down when placed (except one or two sometimes), so you can pick them and use again as wand's "fuel". It's amazing and fun tool.

• 1) I guess i could post on the thaumcraft thread about this.

2) Fuck tecnic/tekkit, because fuck them i don't need a reason to hate people i just do.

3) Quite honestly EVERY SINGLE THING in minecraft its unlimited, except time, you never have enough of that :(

It's actually not. If you had about 100 million people on a single server, you could strip every single block of ore from the world, given a few months. The world is only 64 billionx64 billion.

It has become a little stubbly. Implement facial hair growth in IC²? Vision continuously grows more furry until you shave. (approx once every 2 minecraft days ;P)

Steve shaves with his chainsaw.
    Check out Factorio- A game where you build a factory from scratch.

• It's actually not. If you had about 100 million people on a single server, you could strip every single block of ore from the world, given a few months. The world is only 64 billionx64 billion.

Considering that numbers over 100 are very rare (if even possible as I have never seen them) I think it is safe to say that resources are effectively infinite

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l