[Addon 1.115]Transformers BETA-1 v2.0 - Convert IC2 & BC3 energy back & forth!

• OK, say what you will, It looks like a cool mod but are there any examples showing how to use on the diffrent items in the mod? video or a set of directions?

• well i already have a 32 engine powerplant feeding a HV pneumatic gen. I don't see any need for a direct fuel>eu generator, i prefer the planning and expense of a water cooled setup considering the HUGE amount of eu that is in fuel (500000eu per bucket ~480000 if you count the cost to refine) so by my calculations i have around 40 BILLION eu in fuel storage and another 120 billion in the umpumped oil deposit

* manically rubs hands* I wonder what damage to the world I can do with that EU...

Quote from Shadowrockus

I deny that biospheres are redundant. They are amazing. It keeps a crisp environment, and besides, you can't beat them. So don't resent them.

I made textures for the transformers mod.

• If you change the id of the Pneumatic Generators MC crashes to the "Out of memory" screen (sometimes just crashing without "Out of memory" screen) if there is a block of this addon in the World

• If you change the id of the Pneumatic Generators MC crashes to the "Out of memory" screen (sometimes just crashing without "Out of memory" screen) if there is a block of this addon in the World

You really should never change the ID of a block that already exist in a world... Always only edit 'incoming' mods that you haven't used yet to work around existing mods. Or restart your worlds when you make config file changes.

• Snyke, i thought you might want to know.
    Tekkit has added your addon to their latest dev build.
    Congrats

• Found it. Kinda weird that they didnt ask permission or anything.
    Guess they can because I haven't set up any rules or legal thingies. Mmh.

The Tekkit/Technic guys have a bad tendency not to ask modder's permission though they do mean well.

But, at least your addon has been recognized. Expect that this will get a lot more popular (and, when updates come, a lot more requests to update).

• I'm having a trouble when placing a HV Wooden Pipe. It crashes my Minecraft.
    Click the spoiler for Error Report.

• The loss fix is for Buildcraft 2.2.x, 3.1.x doesnt have the issue.
    So redownload BuildcraftTransport without installing the loss fix and it should be fine.

• The loss fix is for Buildcraft 2.2.x, 3.1.x doesnt have the issue.
    So redownload BuildcraftTransport without installing the loss fix and it should be fine.

yay! finally worked. thanks :thumbup:

• Lookin good! Do you have to patch the lossfix on the server buildcraft transport, or only the client?

Both - if you don't install it on the server you'll still have the loss, even if you do have it on the client.
    This also works the other way around - clients who dont have it will not have the loss on the server who does.

• can i use the Adjustable Electric Engine for Refinery? I'm nervous coz it might explode lol. Also, what is the required MJ/t for the refinery in order to work properly and efficiently?

• can i use the Adjustable Electric Engine for Refinery? I'm nervous coz it might explode lol. Also, what is the required MJ/t for the refinery in order to work properly and efficiently?

Yes, Adjustable Electric Engines can be hooked up to Refineries. It won't explode if you accidentally give it maximum output, but it will waste a crapton of energy. I'm not sure on how much MJ/t is required to get the Refinery full spped, largely because I'm getting it green with as little as 6 MJ/t according to the GUI (admittedly, after some waiting time), and I'm (pretty) sure that's not right. The Fast Electric Engine outputs 10 MJ/t, which is enough for full speed immediately.

I figure the Refinery expends 5 MJ/t, so the extra MJ/t goes to the buffer.

Why does the mod need Builders, anyway?

• Thank you very much for this mod. After playing around with it for a bit, it has become indispensable to me! Much appreciated, and keep up the good work!

• Yes, Adjustable Electric Engines can be hooked up to Refineries. It won't explode if you accidentally give it maximum output, but it will waste a crapton of energy. I'm not sure on how much MJ/t is required to get the Refinery full spped, largely because I'm getting it green with as little as 6 MJ/t according to the GUI (admittedly, after some waiting time), and I'm (pretty) sure that's not right. The Fast Electric Engine outputs 10 MJ/t, which is enough for full speed immediately.

I figure the Refinery expends 5 MJ/t, so the extra MJ/t goes to the buffer.

Why does the mod need Builders, anyway?

The Refinery and quarry both take upto 10mj/t i run 8 quarrys and set my adjustable engine to put out 81mj (10 per quarry 1 for line loss compensation)

the quarry works with a internal energy buffer. the more energy in said buffer the faster it works and the faster is drains its buffer. so it stays at a level speed after you fill the buffer to equilibrium (50% at 5mj/tick 80% at 8mj/tick ect) not sure if the refinery uses the same mechanic but i guess it would with the way it ramps up speed

• check the thread: it's already been updated and has been for a long while. (since longer than IC2 had a 1.2.5 version)

...um... no? Not for 2.x. I'm running a server and can't really use the 3.x branch just yet. Check the dates of the Jenkins page- 2.x ABO came a good 2 weeks after the 3.x version.

Kinda weird that they didnt ask permission or anything.
    Guess they can because I haven't set up any rules or legal thingies. Mmh.

1 - Pretty awesome of `em ain't it?

2 - No they can't. You created it, therefore you have a copyright on it. Even without declaring it...
    ...at least depending on where you live (laws and such, but laws don't really matter here as Tekkit knows no one is going to sue them)... ...way it works is everything has a copyright UNLESS it expressly declares other terms. ie: the author has to directly say that a work is public-domain for it to be public-domain.

...but if nothing else you can object to them using their code without your permission and attempt to get their github account closed (again).

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

• Snyke make your mod incomatible with tekkit like sengir did so tekkit cant implement your mod thats why forestry was removed