[Addon 1.115]Transformers BETA-1 v2.0 - Convert IC2 & BC3 energy back & forth!

• So can I use Buildcraft conductive pipe with my MFSU and run it direct to engine?

What? You use IC2 cables to the engine which then outputs BC energy...

How the hell did you gather that you can use conductive pipes on an MFSU???

• There's an issue when using the engines with Thermal Expansion energy conduits. The energy conduits are able to pass up to 500 MJ a tick, but because of how the engines output MJ (in pulses instead of a constant stream), it means that they are limited to about 25MJ output when using energy conduits because they try to output huge packets of more than 500MJ. Anything more is simply not transferred into the energy network.

In a conversation with King Lemming on IRC, the suggestion was made that if the Transformer mod engines outputted MJ in a constant stream instead of infrequent pulses, it would allow much greater output. Is this something you could look into in a future version of Transformers please?

Thanks!

• Hey,

Is there a way to ensure there is more loss in the conversion?

I want energy conversion on my server but want to limit people from just using 1 type.
    e.g. rather then BC:IC 5:2
    i would like
    BC --> IC 10:1
    IC --> BC 32:1

Is there any possible way to do this with your mod?

• This mods seems incredibly OP, but the point of it is not to have losses. If you want some, use another Conversion Addons, or even don't use anyone ^^.

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• well found a bug already posted at gregtech about it. it seems to be when i place the i.e.s.u down, the adjustable engine get corrupted. The world then gets corrupted as well. don't know how to solve it tried many different steps.

[Addon][IC² 1.106, 1.107, 1.108, 1.109, 1.110, 1.111, 1.112] GregTech-Addon: Taking Industry to a whole new Level of complexity!

nvm found what was the problem

it seems that warping too far out at once causes world corruption.

• (If this was intended I apologize)I have found a bug while using the electric engines in your mod.

If you place a piece of dirt into the engines, they act like they are being powered with EU constantly (as long as they have a redstone signal).

• Sorry if this was answered before but I can't seem to craft the adjustable electric engine.

It might have something to do that I can't get the lapotron crystal damage bar to dissapear.

Versions:
    MC 1.4.7
    Forge 6.6.1.527
    IC2 1.115.219
    BC 3.4.2

• Placing a Regular Electric Engine on top of another Reg Elec Engine in rapid succession causes the following:

Code
    ERR>2013-02-17 21:10:17 [INFO] [STDERR] java.lang.NullPointerException
    ERR>2013-02-17 21:10:17 [INFO] [STDERR] 	at snyke7.Transformers.BlockElectricEngine.a(BlockElectricEngine.java:68)
    ERR>2013-02-17 21:10:17 [INFO] [STDERR] 	at ayo.a(PlayerControllerMP.java:358)
    ERR>2013-02-17 21:10:17 [INFO] [STDERR] 	at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.c(Minecraft.java:1327)
    ERR>2013-02-17 21:10:17 [INFO] [STDERR] 	at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.l(Minecraft.java:1810)
    ERR>2013-02-17 21:10:17 [INFO] [STDERR] 	at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.J(Minecraft.java:846)
    ERR>2013-02-17 21:10:17 [INFO] [STDERR] 	at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(Minecraft.java:771)
    ERR>2013-02-17 21:10:17 [INFO] [STDERR] 	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
  • Since IC2 v1.115.219 it's no longer possible to craft the adjustable electric engine because the crafted lapatron crystals have a zero charge when crafted and do not work in the recipe.

The recipe probably has to be changed.

• Bug reports:

1) adjustable electric engine doesnt work below 10 MJ/t

2) if you disable pneumatic generators your server will not start.

• (sorry for my english, its not my native language)

Versions:
    MC 1.4.7
    Forge 6.6.1.524
    IC2 1.112.170
    BC 3.4.2
    ThermalExpansion-2.2.1.0

With Redstone Energy Cell (from ThermalExpansion) i test conversion rate and i see:
    BC -> IC2 rate 2:5 - correct (if use Redstone Energy Cell between BC engins and LV Pneumatic Generator, but some energy lost! with BC engins directly to LV Pneumatic Generator. I dont use pipes)
    IC2 -> BC rate is 0.375 (not 0.4 !)
    Is it bug?

Test method - placed adjustable electric engine at Redstone Energy Cell ,аnl placed 8000 EU in engine. I expected 3600 MJ, but see only 3000. 16000EU - > 6000 MJ
    Test BC engins with one pice of coal and Redstone Energy Cell is correct - 1 coal = 1600 MJ . Energy do not lost.

• Hey everyone! Sorry for being so inactive lately. Been on vacation, new semester has started - been kinda busy irl.
    I will pick up development again when I get back to my programming environment on monday.
    There are some new things coming that I had almost finished and will now be coming soon - well after I finish working through the bug reports :P.
    You'll be hearing from me!

• Hey everyone! Sorry for being so inactive lately. Been on vacation, new semester has started - been kinda busy irl.
    I will pick up development again when I get back to my programming environment on monday.
    There are some new things coming that I had almost finished and will now be coming soon - well after I finish working through the bug reports :P.

Thank you very much for great mod!

One more bug in addition to listed in threads.

I used Electric Engine together with Logistics Pipes. I setuped supply of Electric Engines by IC2 batteries (Logistics Chassi ML1 + Electric Manager). As result, battery also inserted to "upgrade" (?) slot. Manually I can insert to this slot just transformer upgrade.

Logistics Pipes developers said - problem on your mod side.

Thanks again for great mod.
    Can't wait for update!.

Thanks for this great mod it makes my life so much better.