[Suggestion] Some recipe changes

• Recipe Changes:

Some recipes could have some hayo-ist improvements to make a little more sense and give gold cables a little more use rather than jump to Iron/Glass:

MFE and MV Transformer: Uses 2xInsulated Gold Cables instead of Insulated Copper cables.

HV Transformer: 3xInsulated Iron cables instead of Insulated Copper Cables.

Teleporter: Uses 2x Gold or 3x Iron Insulated Cables instead of Copper.

Electrolizer: 2x Gold Insulated Cables instead of Copper.

I was also going to suggest the addition of Gold Plated Circuits (Uses Gold Cables instead of copper, albeit less cables maybe 2 or 4 + 1 circuit), to make mid game recipes a little pricier and to avoid people jumping to the late game so quickly, but i noticed that properly placing these circuits would be too much of a bother.

• Agree. Copper to cables, Tin to Cells. Gold should be used for Advanced Circuits.

gold dust is used in advanced circuits
    I'm ok with this idea even if it can be considered a nerf its still a sound and logical suggestion

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• I would love to see Gold Cables in the advanced circuit, but that would probably overload with too many "Expensive" materials. (Regular ones are made with copper, so why the advanced ones are not made with gold too)...

Quite honestly i would love to see Glowstone dust removed from IC2 recipes to use Gold Dust directly instead.

• removing glowstone and replacing it with gold dust is fine by me it will let me save my redstone, and along that train of thought how about using gun powder to make single use batteries?

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.

• Sounds good. I've always wondered why we use copper cable in a HV transformer and how it doesn't break. The only real uses of gold for me are quarries and logistic pipes, and I don't really see a point not going to the nether for glowstone as you can easily gather 5+ stacks of it whit a jetpack in less than 10 minutes. The results: tons of unused gold and redstone.

• here is a thought why not make it so you can craft circuits with either copper or gold wires?

• Gold Wire would basically be a waste in a simple circuit.

unless gold was the only thing you had (vanilla, super flat, sky block, and feed the beast maps for example) yes it would be a waste but its still an option when your short on copper but you have a gold crop farm

• unless gold was the only thing you had (vanilla, super flat, sky block, and feed the beast maps for example) yes it would be a waste but its still an option when your short on copper but you have a gold crop farm

Once again, i never bother suggesting stuff with those maps in mind, they are supposed to be a CHALLENGE with what you have in hand, no need to make things easier for those who plays those maps. (In vainilla if you can find gold, then you can find copper too)

• I would love a revamp to the crafting system currently in place.

A better flow, and a more logical approach to increasing technology would be nice. Gold is hardly used, and it really should be used more.

...What? There's no pineapples here.

GENERATION Pineapple: The first pineapple you see, copy it into your sig on any forum and add sqrt(-1) to the generation. Pineapple experiment.

• I would love a revamp to the crafting system currently in place.

A better flow, and a more logical approach to increasing technology would be nice. Gold is hardly used, and it really should be used more.

I always though that a machine (Assembler) needed for the Mid-Higher Tiers of machines to be a good idea. It will certainly would give more freedom to Items Recipes.

• I always though that a machine (Assembler) needed for the Mid-Higher Tiers of machines to be a good idea. It will certainly would give more freedom to Items Recipes.

Railcraft does this somewhat... Honestly, the concept is nice- but I find it annoying as hell in practice.

Unless you mean it's something that has a GUI asking for what item you want built and you have to select it, give it EUs, and it crafts it. That would be nice. It could add other ways to curb the tech tree as well.

I'm a fan of the TC2 researching- and it's something a lot of mods could benefit from. If they use it sparingly, at least.

...What? There's no pineapples here.

GENERATION Pineapple: The first pineapple you see, copy it into your sig on any forum and add sqrt(-1) to the generation. Pineapple experiment.

• Railcraft does this somewhat... Honestly, the concept is nice- but I find it annoying as hell in practice.

Unless you mean it's something that has a GUI asking for what item you want built and you have to select it, give it EUs, and it crafts it. That would be nice. It could add other ways to curb the tech tree as well.

I'm a fan of the TC2 researching- and it's something a lot of mods could benefit from. If they use it sparingly, at least.

Nope railcraft concept its what im talking about (Although i only messed with railcraft once a while ago), You don't only need the recipe+materials but you also need Energy to make the machines.

To make things simpler, the machine itself could store already made recipes so you only have to place the materials a la "Project Table" of RP2 to make it with a few clicks. Of course old and vainilla recipes could also be made this way so its like a super upgrade for the crafting table.

Higher tier recipes of course should only be available using the assembler. (The assembler could even use a bigger crafting grid if it likes to do so)

And yeah i also love TC2 researching, although i would like if it were a bit less randomish.

• I might go for it if it will make it easier to add content