Industrial Litter

• I got this idea from a server plugin

what if there was a small chance that every time you destroy a dirt, sand, or gravel block above layer 42 you have a small chance of receiving a
    -opened tin can
    -an empty cell
    -IC coin
    -uninsulated copper or tin wiring
    -Weed-EX. (maybe, really small chance)
    -RE battery(not charged)

basically stuff that you'd expect people had discarded into the environment.
    obviously you wont be getting these every 5 dirt, sand, or gravel blocks. maybe <5% chance

maybe the chance of getting a drop doubles in beach biomes?

Passinglurker:
    or have the world gen a generate trash blocks that are disguised as a
    dirt blocks and drops either normal dirt or trash when broken (also have
    this happen for dirt at any height think of using it in superflat)

• so whats stopping some one from laying the same piece of dirt over and over and over till they get what they want?

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• not as bad as you think when you look at leaf blocks and gravel

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.

• Gravel and Leaf blocks doesn't drop themselves when they drop leaf/flint.

take a chainsaw in shear mode to a leaf block you can get unlimited apples from it

• rather bad idea as it's very easily exploitable for infinite stuff.

I don't know if it would be possible code-wise, but I wonder if it would be possible to flag a block as it's mined so that it can't be used to spam for resources? I suppose NBT-tags might be used, but then again, I'm not sure.

I think this might be a good idea, though.

• or have the world gen a generate trash blocks that are disguised as a dirt blocks and drops either normal dirt or trash when broken (also have this happen for dirt at any height think of using it in superflat)

• Brb, making Block Breaker+Deployer systems for free stuff.

...What? There's no pineapples here.

GENERATION Pineapple: The first pineapple you see, copy it into your sig on any forum and add sqrt(-1) to the generation. Pineapple experiment.

• Unless a Shear or a Tool with the Silk touch enchantment can do the same, i wont take that as proof of anything but maybe bad/oversight in coding.

there was a thread in support about whether it was a bug richardG said it was a side effect of giving chain saws the ability to shear/axe

• Brb, making Block Breaker+Deployer systems for free stuff.

read this

or have the world gen a generate trash blocks that are disguised as a
    dirt blocks and drops either normal dirt or trash when broken (also have
    this happen for dirt at any height think of using it in superflat)

btw, I'm not so sure the redpower blockbreakers can just move around on their own

• there was a thread in support about whether it was a bug richardG said it was a side effect of giving chain saws the ability to shear/axe

Then like i told ya, a coding oversight. If the leaf block drops and apple or a sappling while using the chainsaw, it should not also drop the leaf block on top of any of those two. The gravel does that.

• they don't seem intent on fixing it so i don't think "over sight" is the best word

• btw, I'm not so sure the redpower blockbreakers can just move around on their own

So, I guess you haven't head about frames.

Or the 'World Eater' made out of them.

GENERATION Pineapple: The first pineapple you see, copy it into your sig on any forum and add sqrt(-1) to the generation. Pineapple experiment.

• so basically your argument is that because there another mod that can gather dirt autonomously, this shan't be implemented?

really?
    that means that you can apply "that wont work because I can make a mod exploiting it" to any suggestion on here

• so basically your argument is that because there another mod that can gather dirt autonomously, this shan't be implemented?

really?
    that means that you can apply "that wont work because I can make a mod exploiting it" to any suggestion on here

Oh is that a config file? What do you mean i can add the dirt block ID to the miner so it collect it for me?

• Oh is that a config file? What do you mean i can add the dirt block ID to the miner so it collect it for me?

oh look! there's the solar panel EU gathering rate in the config file!
    I'll just set that to 128 and I'll be all set! :D

• oh look! there's the solar panel EU gathering rate in the config file!
    I'll just set that to 128 and I'll be all set! :D

Configuring a Miner makes sense. It's somewhat of a computer.

Changing the rate at which solar panels works was asked by people to be able to nerf them on servers, and isn't the same.