Redpower Frames

• Alblaka can you post a screenshot or give a basic explanation how it works? I'm having an hard time adding the "backward" direction :(

• Alblaka can you post a screenshot or give a basic explanation how it works? I'm having an hard time adding the "backward" direction :(

I haven't done it myself, but I assume that you just have to add another caterpillar engine or whatever kind of engine that makes it move forward but make it face backward, then you can turn it on and it goes backward :D I should add it to my bore...

• I haven't done it myself, but I assume that you just have to add another caterpillar engine or whatever kind of engine that makes it move forward but make it face backward, then you can turn it on and it goes backward :D I should add it to my bore...

it's not that easy, when one of the two is moving it messes up the other one. I'm trying to avoid any redstone logic and this doesn't make things easier :whistling:

edit: done without any logic =)

• Official Post

Just built a simpel forward/backward drive in a StarTrekEnter-Prise like Propulsion element. Looks stylish and after dejamminmg (read: rebuilding) the engines a few times it finally works near-flawless. Cept if you try to run into 2 directions at once. That will break it.

How many Framemotors were needed for forward AND backward? 4? If yes, then its normal, if its even less than its better than mine. :D

• Official Post

Trying to figure out a unstuckable motor, but I doubt the design I have in mind could work out.

Yes, 4.

edit: Hehe, the design DID work out.
    Now got a quad-directional motor in a compact 7x7x4 space with central energy source.
    As well, you cannot jam it with firing multiple directions at once.
    However, currently it's stuck for the 4th time, searching for the Cover i've forgotten somewhere.

Found the issue. Apparently motors themselves count as frames, too. A Batbox above an inactive motor caused the stuck. Luckyly it wasnt a critical one.

Here you go with the exclusive Blueprints of my "Kraken" Motor design.

PS: Ignore the metallic scaffold thing in thebackground. PReviously the ramp to build my starship on, but given the new motor design, I'll have to redesign it eitherways.

PSPS: Now omnidirectional,, shown up in 5th screen. I doubt the height control to be jam-safe, but given it's small that's not a big deal.

• just looked at the main post 2 things
    1. can move the swirly purple portal blocks? interesting :D can you say tardis build?
    2. if your building a TBM with thaumcraft why not just slap an arcane bore on the front?

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• Official Post

just looked at the main post 2 things
    1. can move the swirly purple portal blocks? interesting :D can you say tardis build?
    2. if your building a TBM with thaumcraft why not just slap an arcane bore on the front?

1. Damn i installed the newer Version and now my Portal stucks
    2. It would need to resupply automatically and thats not really possible

• how would it be impossible? all you need is a chest, an arcane bore, and a toggle latch. then you just run the bore for a minute, take 10 steps forward, repeat. as an added bonus you could make an omni-directional digger with bores on all sides

EDIT: IDEA! frame powered turtle carrier :D

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.

• just looked at the main post 2 things

You kind sir have just saved me the hassle of rebuilding my WHOLE tunnel bore because of a fail head :D
    Thank you SO much if I make a new video I'll be sure to mention you. :D

• Official Post

how would it be impossible? all you need is a chest, an arcane bore, and a toggle latch. then you just run the bore for a minute, take 10 steps forward, repeat. as an added bonus you could make an omni-directional digger with bores on all sides

EDIT: IDEA! frame powered turtle carrier :D

It needs Singularities to run, also its not SMP, thats why i'm not using it, but its still pretty good to use it.

You ever heared of project Worldeater? That + Frames = Awesome!!!

• the problem is project world eater uses buildcraft auto-crafting-tables so you can't make a mobile turtle factory but a mobile turtle unloader is possible it would be like a TBM with a swarm of turtles for the head

• well if you want renewable you should make an EE based TBM :D . deployer, redmatter pick, redstone fuel for redmatter pick, transposer(or EE's stone on infinent density gadgetry), an energy condenser, and a transmutation table

• Official Post

well if you want renewable you should make an EE based TBM :D . deployer, redmatter pick, redstone fuel for redmatter pick, transposer(or EE's stone on infinent density gadgetry), an energy condenser, and a transmutation table

Good Joke, i know, that you know, that i dont tolerate EE-Transmutation in a normal MC-Game (FTB and Skyblock are definetly not normal Maps). Also the Redpowerdrillhead is only costing a few Blockbreakers and two Framemotors (and some "irrelevant to even count it" Stuff) and thats it. With thaumcraft i cant make an automatic Production of Singularities on my Drill so its sadly not available for a truely automated TBM.

• Good Joke, i know, that you know, that i dont tolerate EE-Transmutation in a normal MC-Game (FTB and Skyblock are definetly not normal Maps). Also the Redpowerdrillhead is only costing a few Blockbreakers and two Framemotors (and some "irrelevant to even count it" Stuff) and thats it. With thaumcraft i cant make an automatic Production of Singularities on my Drill so its sadly not available for a truely automated TBM.

with the bore you can stand still long enough to throw together a vis lab and then break it down to get moving again