Redpower Frames

• Official Post

I saw on Direwolf's Modspotlight for Redpower pr4f that there are Frames, i dont know if that was a joke by Eloraam or by Direwolf but FRAMES!!!

Also now RP has Pumps, that means NO LONGER BC!!! (at least for me)

Now you can discuss HERE, about what are you doing next with RP. :D

Edit: I changed the Name of the Thread again, because its more a Discoussion about Frames.

Facts about Frames:

- They can move your Spawnpoint WITH THE BED!!! => Truely Mobile Base
    - They can move everything including Lava and Water => Onboardcobblegenerator and Thermopiles usable
    - They can move into not frameconnected Air/Lava/Water without Problems
    - They can fly
    - They can move Portals (even the Enderone) Seems to be glitchy.

- They need Blutricity to run (there are Blue Lamps to indicate that), but no matter how large the Construction is, they still consume a constant amount of Power per Move (even a BT-Furnace consumes more)

- They cannot move IC²-Cabling. The E-net is coded way too optimized, to permit Frames to move parts of it.
    - You can still use Batteries, Energycrystals or Lapotrons (you may need Transformerupgrades), and even Redstone and Singleusebatteries are possible.

- A Drillmachine needs at least a Width of 4 Blocks and a Height of 2 (3, if you want to sit in and 4, if you want to survive Lava)
    - You can change the maximum amount of moved Blocks in config (linksize=1000 by default).

- Everything must be attached to the Frame otherwise it will stuck.
    - If you put a COVER-Block on the Side of a Frame it becomes unsticky
    - If you put a PANEL-Block on the Side of a Frame, it's still Sticky, but allows additionally Cables/Buttons to be placed on

- Thaumic Crystals and all Chests are not compatible to Blockbreakers, which makes it for Tunnelboringmachines a little bit more expensive to harvest them (You need additional Transposers to suck up the Items laying around).

• I saw on Direwolf's Modspotlight for Redpower pr4f that there are Frames, i dont know if that was a joke by Eloraam or by Direwolf but FRAMES!!!

Also now RP has Pumps, that means NO LONGER BC!!! (at least for me)

Now you can discuss HERE, about what are you doing next with RP. :D

Eloraam had said that frames will be in pr5 no sooner or later.

I believe pr4f will contain mostly pumps and the logic rewrite iirc.

• Well direwolf its a beta tester of a lot of mods including IC2 and Redpower. So its no surprise if he has early access to unreleased stuff like frames.

Man you gotta love eloraam, she always comes up with awesome and well coded things. I also love her mostly "No Magic Block" policy.

• Well direwolf its a beta tester of a lot of mods including IC2 and Redpower. So its no surprise if he has early access to unreleased stuff like frames.

Man you gotta love eloraam, she always comes up with awesome and well coded things. I also love her mostly "No Magic Block" policy.

Exactly so. TBH, when I saw the Frames in DW's video, my heart jumped into my throat and stayed there for a few minutes.

In my opinion, Redpower (barring the other big Forge mods) has got to be one of the most used mods out there. She has such a deep understanding of how the logic gates work, it's borderline insane. When a new release is around the corner, I tend to get giddy quickly... Oh, and some of the gates that DW showcased will help immensely with my nuclear endeavors once IC2 for 1.2.5 is out.

• She has such a deep understanding of how the logic gates work, it's borderline insane.

Typically when you are the creator/programmer of something, you would know how that thing you're making works.

I was surprised to see liquids introduced, but not surprised at how nicely it is done, very nice. Only thing I felt was that the liquids were transported very rapidly along the pipes, but that's more than likely my being used to BuildCraft's pipes, which have a larger girth compared to what RedPower has.

What's next, logic gates on pipes/tubes? :P

• Just noticed something with Direwolf's video, it's name Pr!4f; considering that '!' is a boolean operator for 'not,' then I'll assume that perhaps Eloraam has finished Pr5 and she got DW to trick us with this one.

• Official Post

Just noticed something with Direwolf's video, it's name Pr!4f; considering that '!' is a boolean operator for 'not,' then I'll assume that perhaps Eloraam has finished Pr5 and she got DW to trick us with this one.

I looked cloely at my Keyboard and saw that "!" can not be a Typo, i mean "Shift + 1" and "Spacebar" sre noz similar to each other. Also it has taken Months for Eloraam to code Frames, what should be finished now, because shes too good, to need so much time for something what's already kinda finished. And the versionnumber "4f" looks typographically a bit stupid, so it's very likely that it's really "5a".

• frames are good news for blackmajik cause the number of 10 year olds begging for smp zeppelins will drop in half when they are released

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• Official Post

frames are good news for blackmajik cause the number of 10 year olds begging for smp zeppelins will drop in half when they are released

Nope that will not happen, if i'm going right then Frames are not able to fly and need at least one Block which supports them. But i'm sure i can get it to fly with some Bugs Tricks. (Bugs are not possible in RP)

Edit:
    I just realised that Buildcraft is no longer needed, if IC², RP and CC are installed

BC-Pipes => RP-Tubes
    BC-Pumps => RP-Pumps
    BC-Quarrys => RP-Frames + RP-Blockbreakers
    BC-Builder/Filler => RP-Frames + Deployers or you write a CC-Turtleprogram for building Structures
    BC-Logic => RP-Logic
    BC-Energy => without the Stuff from above its no longer needed
    BC-Oil => IC² is not even compatible with it, so why do i need it

So what is BC used for?

• Official Post

ITS RELEASED!!! WITH FRAMES BUT AS "pr 5a" AND NOT "pr 4f"!!!

I can no longer access eloraam.com, because of Serveroverload!

Edit1: Oh moment IC² is not released for 1.2.5...

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK.jpg

Edit2: I saw this line in the Changelog after a very long loadingtime

Quote from Eloraam

Basalt is now creeper-resistant and microblocks are explosion-resistant.

What is the Explosionresistance of them?

Edit3: DANG it doesn't finish the Download even with Chrome.

Edit4:*Facedesk*
    1. Download it
    2. Tell all that it's out now
    3. ???
    4. Profit

Edit5: Got everything except RP-Machines, damn adfly. (but i use the link to support RP)
    Edit6: Got it finally, now only NEI is remaining to get the Recipes...
    Edit7: I moved my first Frame with Blutricity!

• Y U NO POST PICS!?/jk this is exciting indeed

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.

• Official Post

Y U NO POST PICS!?/jk this is exciting indeed

My Drillhead i just build, actually only for a 4x5 Drill and without Forwardfunction but i build it actually so...

• Nope.. Buildcraft still has one big huge use: Logistics pipes. Easy autocrafting of anything you care to teach the system. Can't play without them anymore.
    Plus an architect table and builder still looks several tons easier to use vs. frames.

• Official Post

Nope.. Buildcraft still has one big huge use: Logistics pipes. Easy autocrafting of anything you care to teach the system. Can't play without them anymore.
    Plus an architect table and builder still looks several tons easier to use vs. frames.

I know about that but its useless for an MC-Engineer like me

I finished the Forwarddrive from the Drill, it tooks so long, because Framemotors cannot move themself, but they can move other Framemotors.

EDIT: I got it running but on Buttons and Batteries, next time i make Thermopiles and Sequencers.

• are solars and thermopiles energy dense enough to fit enough to a frame base for continuous operation? if not maybe the thaumic generator from thaumcraft could be pressed in to service it would all depend on how vis behaves with frames

• are solars and thermopiles energy dense enough to fit enough to a frame base for continuous operation? if not maybe the thaumic generator from thaumcraft could be pressed in to service it would all depend on how vis behaves with frames

Most likely vis tubes will not behave with frames.