[Addon v1.118+] [SSP/SMP] Nuclear Control v.1.6.2b/e

• Hmm, when you click the slider in the HowerGUI next to the area to select sounds it crashes:

• Official Post

Hmm, when you click the slider in the HowerGUI next to the area to select sounds it crashes:

Thank you for report. Not tested scroll slider behavior when nothing to scroll...
    I guess I'll make 1.1.8 with this bugfix.

• hi,

it´s Possible to add
    selected the sound on Industrial alarm

and maby i can upload Sounds on my Server and this sound can sombody hear

• Official Post

hi,

it´s Possible to add
    selected the sound on Industrial alarm

and maby i can upload Sounds on my Server and this sound can sombody hear

As I mentioned above, Industrial Alarm will not have the sound selection feature.
    As for loading of sounds from server - I have no final decision yet. But server-side sound library is not about nuclear control =)

• Wha? Um... no? you can get Redpower 2 lights and logic gates to do that. why do more work when another modder already don't it?

Because redpowerlights with sequencers or timers are noisy (Is there a less noisy way? Except a large clock, of course.) and because they are full blocks.

The forum won't let me specify my gender accurately, so I'll just use my signature to say that I go by they/them pronouns.

• I'll better change the range of Industrial Alarm slider. It will start from 0, not from 16. With zero range Industrial Alarm will be silent but flashing.

I'm getting a lot of users reporting an error with your mod. They seem to have crashes are mac users. version 1.1.6 was perfect for them but now 1.1.8 is crashing them on load.

Here is a couple reports:
    http://pastebin.com/eszTufqx
    http://pastie.org/4030063

Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
    Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.

• Official Post

I'm getting a lot of users reporting an error with your mod. They seem to have crashes are mac users. version 1.1.6 was perfect for them but now 1.1.8 is crashing them on load.

Here is a couple reports:
    http://pastebin.com/eszTufqx
    http://pastie.org/4030063

It's harder to track down, because I have no mac. Addon works fine for my friend under MacOS
    Looks like user have not enough permission to the resources/newsound/ic2nuclearControl folder. I don't even know how it's possible.
    Can someone with this problem do the following checklist?
    1. Is resources/newsound/ic2nuclearControl folder exists?
    2. If 1 no, Does user, under which MC client is executed have rwx permission to the resources/newsound folder
    3. If 1 yes, does user, under which MC client is executed have rwx permission to the resources/newsound/ic2nuclearControl folder?
    4. If 3 no - add permissions. Does it help?
    5. If 3 yes - does it has r permission to each file in the folder

• 1. no
    2. newsound folder doesn't exist and it seems that Minecraft won't redownload/recreate a blank one (using a modded jar which possibly loads nuclearControl before the vanilla resources folder download
    3. n/a
    4. If the "newsound" folder is re-created under the resources folder (so nuclearControl can place it's folder into it), then the client doesn't crash

I've tried it on both my MacBook (HD 3000 graphics) and MacMini (GeForce 9400 graphics) and had the same issue due to Mac's default of overwriting folder contents when you copy the folder with the same name (all of the users in Kane's post including myself were using the same private modpack).

It seems that the bug reports (java.lang.NullPointerException) from Kane's post and, mine and another user on our forums (with an ATI X1600 dedicated video card) are all being caused when the newsounds folder is missing from the resources folder when nuclearControl tries to place it's folder into it. :)

• I'm from a server that features balance and a lack of cheat mods- but we are interested in this one. Is there any chance that you would be willing to include a file to toggle the different items? The remote items are felt to be a bit overpowered, but we would like to use the rest of the mod. To ensure fairness and focus on skill rather than items, the ability to toggle the remote items would be greatly appreciated.

If this has already been mentioned in the thread, my apologies!

• Hello i tryed to install a few mods, but i got an error, and what i understand it pointing to this mod can someone help me?

• Official Post

I'm happy, that the problem is tracked down and can be solved by users.
    I'll add the check for existence of the newsound folder to the next version.

• Official Post

I'm from a server that features balance and a lack of cheat mods- but we are interested in this one. Is there any chance that you would be willing to include a file to toggle the different items? The remote items are felt to be a bit overpowered, but we would like to use the rest of the mod. To ensure fairness and focus on skill rather than items, the ability to toggle the remote items would be greatly appreciated.

If this has already been mentioned in the thread, my apologies!

As far as I know, most of public servers uses bukkit. It allows to block specific recipes with BanRecipe plugin or any similar.
    That is why recipe disabling is not implemented and not planned in the near future.

• Official Post

Hello i tryed to install a few mods, but i got an error, and what i understand it pointing to this mod can someone help me?

Please create resources/newsound folder in your minecraft folder.

• Can you make it check if redpower is installed and, if so, add a checkbox in the gui to output the heat value into bundled cables instead?

That way I can further use that value with redpower control. (65el02 aka central processing unit)
    Will also be easy to use with ComputerCraft.

That'd be totally awesome :)