[Suggestion] Lap-Energy-Storage

• I thougt you meant you could only put LESU on Controlblock :p
    NP like that :D

For electrolyzer ... it's too slow, it's boring always using water cells, it's only 10 EU/t, it's not a block stacking energy VS space (or space in your chest)
    I spoke about percentage of losses in order to make it unuseful as wire ...

"Storage block:
    :Cable: :Advanced Circuit: :Cable:
    :RE Battery: :Tesla Coil: :RE Battery:
    :RE Battery: :RE Battery: :RE Battery:

Where :Cable: are 3xinsulate iron cable, :RE Battery: are re-batteries and :Tesla Coil: are a lapp block.

Any of this units hold 100.000 EU (1/6 of MFE also like a energy crystal but not so easy to use so not that op)"

Good Idea of recipe, I thougt about something like that but ... do you really think 5 RE-battery is cheaper than 1 Energy crystal ? It won't cost you diamond, but for so many others ressources, I would use the diamond ^^
    Maybe 1 Lapis block more and 150 000 EU don't you think ? And concerning the :Advanced Circuit: , I would prefer :Electronic Circuit: , because of the following title ^^

Other point: Tier III LESU ?
    Would be like that I think:

:Cable: :Advanced Circuit: :Cable:
    :Gold Dust: :Teleporter: :Gold Dust:
    :Tesla Coil: :Tesla Coil: :Tesla Coil:

:Cable: =Gold or higher level Cable

:Gold Dust: =Glowstone (not glowdust)

:Teleporter: = Tier II LESU

:Tesla Coil: = Lapis Block

Agree with you for the control block :)
    (but :Electronic Circuit: not :Advanced Circuit: for Tier II)

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Good Idea of recipe, I thougt about something like that but ... do you really think 5 RE-battery is cheaper than 1 Energy crystal ? It won't cost you diamond, but for so many others ressources, I would use the diamond ^^[/size]
    Maybe 1 Lapis block more and 150 000 EU don't you think ? And concerning the :Advanced Circuit: , I would prefer :Electronic Circuit: , because of the following title ^^

I was already criticized about my material-EU classification in other posts, but i like this mode to think IC2 so i continue to think in this way.
    A lap block have a storage power of 40.000 EU as actually IC2 is, no more no less and i explain why.
    Consider the lappack, it hold 300.000 EU, now subtract the 60.000 EU from the batpack used in the cration of the lappack, the restant EU storage are coming from the 6 lap block are 240.000 EU.
    240.000EU /6 block = 40.000 EU a block.
    Maybe this can be considered a rude method to hestimate EU storage, but i find this logic make much sense as this is the virtually value that the developers apply to this item.

Yes i really think that 5 re-batteries are cheaper then an energy crystal because u take tons of tin and copper compared of the quantity of diamonds u get in a day digging. U may search for minecraft days and full an invenctory of tin and copper before u can put your hand on few diamonds! Tin and copper are also less precious than iron! I know that it will take 6 copper and 20 tin to do ONE of this, but u usually come back from your mine trip with a load of 100 and more tin ore, with a macerator are 2-3 stack a trip... so i don't see the problem into this, as u do this system exactly because u don't want/don't have to use diamonds!
    This system is a cheaper way to make a mass EU storage with common materials so the better solution is combining lot of single little storages togheter in a good performance solution. A simply batbox that hold 40.000EU is composed by 3 re-batteries, 5 re-batteries aren't that much if u think of it... and i will find much more difficult to find 18 lapis instead of 9, like u suggested.
    As a margin note, this "metallic mass" will explain the great space it takes...

For the electronic circuit i have nothing to argue, maybe in the storage block can work, but in the control block i raccomand it in both the tier. The control block is a complex intelligent system of internal EU management, so adv. circuits seems more legit to me.

• I find 1 diamond for 10 tin ore at Level 13 ...
    For the LapBlock/RE-Battery, I think in this case: 2 Lapblocks, 4 RE-battery --> 150 000 EU, isn't that good ? I consider 1 lapis block is cheaper as 1 RE-battery (and use more Block in the craft make me think the result is more a Block and not only an item ^^ )
    For lap, that's maybe because even it's rarer, it's useless for other things than lappack/Advanced Circuit
    But on that point, there's no really reason, so if we have to decide between the 2 recipe, we could vote ^^

NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Or you could allow both recipes... Just make two blocks? One with 150,000 storage increase and the other with 100,000... yes? (Since meta-data, it isn't like zero/one/two/twenty makes any difference for block ids, right?)

GENERATION 27: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the
    generation. Social experiment.

• I thougt we would need one for Tier II useful when you've MFE but no MFSU (and storing arround 50 000 EU) and one for for Tier III (arround 200 000, using the first LESU in the middle, and others ressources arround, but cheaper that the first one, even if you would need 1 advanced circuit to craft it)

NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• As soon as i have enough time and understanding of MC-Code, i will add it to an IC²-Addon. :)

:) :) :) :)

(Sorry, I use a lot of " :) " as a noob/12-years-old/stupid guy, but, considering it was my Thread and so, something I would like to be in IC, I would be very hapy if you really do it, so I support you )

NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Wow... Your Idea is very awesome and nice. I appreciate your thoughts. But it can be possible??? Though the energy storage we can save a lot energy as possible as you. But i thinks this is the large process to make energy storage plant. Please say me one thing that is it use in farming sector or agriculture. If your plan will complete successfully I sure that it get a lots of success.. Keep it up dear....

• I think the suggestion would work well. For recipes, the storage block should be 8 lapisblock with a glowstoneblock in the middle, and the control block would be storage+circuit for t2, storage+advanced circuit for t3. Each storage block would store 200k eu. Also, controlblock should be the energy input and output, storage blocks can only be placed on control blocks, and it refuses to let you place a either block if it will connect 2 controlblocks.

It has become a little stubbly. Implement facial hair growth in IC²? Vision continuously grows more furry until you shave. (approx once every 2 minecraft days ;P)

Steve shaves with his chainsaw.
    Check out Factorio- A game where you build a factory from scratch.

• My idea was an empty block which could accept energy storage upgrades and perhaps greater (crystal, lapotron) storage upgrades to increase storage, input transformer for input/output, overclocker for recharging probably?

• My idea was an empty block which could accept energy storage upgrades and perhaps greater (crystal, lapotron) storage upgrades to increase storage, input transformer for input/output, overclocker for recharging probably?

Energy storage upgrade are more expensive than MFE/MFSU (even batbox !)
    Of course I only speak about the ratio Energy storage capacity/Cost
    So, nobody would use it :/
    But it could be good if it was a different Energy storage upgrade (With lapis instead of RE-Battery, and more than 10 000 EU)

NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Official Post

My idea was an empty block which could accept energy storage upgrades and perhaps greater (crystal, lapotron) storage upgrades to increase storage, input transformer for input/output, overclocker for recharging probably?

Thats similar to my Adjustable Storage/Transformer block idea.