Uses of Charcoal

• One of my Friend sais me it's an egyptian Buildings. You're making Art without knowledge of it :p

Back to the point. 8 stacks of charcoal make 2048k EU when burned in a generator. Use a mass fabricator with scrap and you have your diamond(and a third extra).

• Yea, I agree on this with you too, charcoal won't be accept for coal dust, and Diamond are easy to mine.
    I just would have like make my nano with charcoaldust, but it's too exploitable with Forestry in order to make Diamond or even complete Nano without mining other things that Redstone.

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Mega quotes are making the mobile browser I'm on cry. My charcoal dust thingy got quoted by Al too, appropriately enough.

If you guys think charcoal could be used to make diamonds too since both coal and charcoal are piles of carbon, why not make something to turn charcoal into normal coal?

• Official Post

Both Coal and charcoal has carbon. But in different percentages.

Coal has about 40 to 90% of carbon in its composition
    Charcoal has about 10% or less.

Coal dust + extractor = X pure carbon dust
    Charcoal dust + extractor = Y pure carbon dust

X > 10Y

• I could go for a system like that... lol

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• Official Post

A new Carbondustitem, which is crafted out of 9 tiny Piles of Carbondust. That sounds good, so you will get 4 for Coal and 1 for Charcoal (like the EE-ratio) in a Macerator, that would overhaul the complete Coalsystem of IC² to make it more realistic (don't come to me with the Floating-Dirtblock-Argument!).

I would support it if it goes this Way, but not with the Charcoaldust.

• Our machine recipe system does let us make for example macerate 4 charcoal -> 1 coal dust.

:P

DOOO EEEEIIIITTTT!!!!

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• Our machine recipe system does let us make for example macerate 4 charcoal -> 1 coal dust.

we believe in you :) after all atomic stryker pulled it off in his advanced machines addon

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• Mega quotes are making the mobile browser I'm on cry. My charcoal dust thingy got quoted by Al too, appropriately enough.

If you guys think charcoal could be used to make diamonds too since both coal and charcoal are piles of carbon, why not make something to turn charcoal into normal coal?

I swear somewhere I read that charcoal had to be used for steel or something because it was pure carbon and had less impurities. But I'm probably wrong.

The main issue with charcoal is how easy it is to get it. Especially if a mod like Forestry is involved (I built a small log farm for biomatter and had stacks of wood by the time I finished that gaming).

• I swear somewhere I read that charcoal had to be used for steel or something because it was pure carbon and had less impurities. But I'm probably wrong.

The main issue with charcoal is how easy it is to get it. Especially if a mod like Forestry is involved (I built a small log farm for biomatter and had stacks of wood by the time I finished that gaming).

then make a new item called "industrial charcoal" that is pure carbon and is harder to get

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• In fact, steel is obtained by smelting Iron with Coal, because of particles wich do not burn.
    Then, if thinking to add something to make steel with coal and Iron, why not simply make that Iron Dust/Ore would be directly turned into Refined Iron (=Steel) when smelting ?

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!