[Suggestion] More Config Options.

• You guys have been adding them in slowly here and there and my players and I thank you a lot. Makes life easy to have many options when it comes to any mod. Sometimes people want a more grindy server or more challenging and etc.

One the feature we disabled was recycle placing and this has not been a issue till recent. Now more and more players are kind of begging for it but I don't want to have to block like every id but a few with so many plugins able to do automation and etc now. So I was wondering if it be possible to maybe add an option to prevent mass fab for actually using scrap and also to prevent crafting scrap into scrap boxes or maybe just not being able to use scrap boxes.

Anyways I know some people hate options but then again this is an option via a config file so the game is clearly left and tailored to the wonderful creators minds but it offers more options for players who want more of a challenge and I would love to see even more options some day but right now this is the biggest one just because my players want to make fertilizer badly.

Thanks,
    Kane

Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
    Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.

• I fully support this idea, the scrap being used in a mass fabricator is highly overpower. I understand that many people love this option and do not want it removed, and I want them to be able the keep it. However, we at Godcraft would love to see the option to have it enabled for the crafting of fertilizer to use for crops, we just don't want it to be used for the other things it's currently used for. Hopefully we will see an option in the config for this sometime soon, but until then I'll just stick to bonemealing my crops. :P

• This seems like a great idea! It's better than not having the recycler because it is too overpowered when using scrap boxes and Mass fabricator.

Scrap boxes are way too overpowered when they go inside mass fabricator and you can reach the end game in no time if you are able to build a scrap factory and I don't personally want that and I know most people won't. So please , See if you can include options in the config file for it. Thanks a lot

• Will consider adding the mass fabricator scrap option. I already added an option for preventing it from burning in a generator, causing extreme server lag due to cobblegen pipelines.

Yes I did notice that and thanks for that :)

Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
    Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.

• Also add a config option to disable nukes dropping items.

It has become a little stubbly. Implement facial hair growth in IC²? Vision continuously grows more furry until you shave. (approx once every 2 minecraft days ;P)

Steve shaves with his chainsaw.
    Check out Factorio- A game where you build a factory from scratch.

• Will consider adding the mass fabricator scrap option. I already added an option for preventing it from burning in a generator, causing extreme server lag due to cobblegen pipelines.

Thanks for thinking about it. The more fine tuning we can do on servers, the more stable they could potentially become especially when some players choose to transport massive amounts of items or have dozens of machines/factories running at once.

• Wait... you can use scrap boxes in a mass fabricator to speed up generation of UUM? And they're worth 9 scrap? That's quite odd, because when I tried to do that, it didn't work...

GENERATION 27: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the
    generation. Social experiment.

• I support ths as well. Since scrap is an important part of the fertizer recipe, it would be nice to find a way of enabling without opening the door to scrap factories feeding mass fabs.

A fertilizer UU recipe would be a cool thought as well.

• I do realize this is a bit old. (1 month).

But I'd like to post my support for this, and second all of the above posts.

Fertilizer UU Recipe would work quite well.

• Hello,

on my server, anyone wearing full iridium armor becomes invincible. It's not as terrifying as it would be on a PvP server, but it's still a problem, as we totally lack the surviving aspect of minecraft now.
    By invincible, i mean that i can stay AFK in lava and come back in 30 minutes, I'm still alive and full HP in the lava. Only falling damage can hurt me... when i don't have iridium boots.

I tried to edit the iridium armor options, but there is none.

I installed an excellent bukkit plugin to edit the mobs properties, and now not only it doesn't change anything to people with iridium armor, but other people are totally feeling this increased difficulty on mobs.

I would love using a feature to edit iridium plate chest, so that it only absorbs 50% of the damage, and so that it uses its energy like it's supposed to - currently, only the iridium helmet is significantly losing energy and has to be recharged once in a while.

All the configuration i can touch at the moment is to remove the possibility of crafting an iridium armor... and my players wouln't understand such a big change. And they already got one on them.

• not another qsuit nerfer(sigh)
    well i guess its justified since you run a server.
    whats wrong with the armor again? from what you said this isn't pvp so i don't get what is wrong with having a horde of invincible iron man wanna-be's. if its a matter of challenging your users increasing the spawn rate/light level/proximity of spawn to players of creepers should do the trick. it will create a creeperpocolypse where even well lit rooms could be comprised by creepers resulting in the destruction of all mfsu's and crippling the qsuits infrastructure. you could then use a dimensions plugin to offer the players an escape to a resource scarce but creeper free world to motivate them to use lappacks to make mining easier at the cost of invincibility

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• Why would anyone care about the other servers configurations as long as each one can configure his own like he wants to? I was explaining the problem i got to show i need that controllability, but if you really wanna talk about that problem i got, it's all in your sentence :

i don't get what is wrong with having a horde of invincible iron man wanna-be's.

Well you didn't get much what "survival problem" is.
    We want people to FEAR DEATH when going outside the tesla turrets. Cuz of creepers, zombies, skeletons and spiders.

We want people to FEAR DEATH when going outside the tesla turrets. Cuz of creepers, zombies, skeletons and spiders.

I find that extremely hard to do even without armor due to the fact that every mob around me looks like pieces from rejected Lego sets. There is a definite difference between 'scary realism' and 'just don't die you scrub'...

And I find the idea of worrying about death in Minecraft straight-up laughable.. (unless you are worried about your XP for enchants...)

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• Why would anyone care about the other servers configurations as long as each one can configure his own like he wants to? I was explaining the problem i got to show i need that controllability, but if you really wanna talk about that problem i got, it's all in your sentence :

Well you didn't get much what "survival problem" is.

so like i expected you want to challenge your users. and like i said the solution is just to boost the mobs to match to make the qsuit a requirement to survive. there are many mods out the for tweaking mobs I recommend you investigate those and try to use existing tools first because it will take a really really long while for the change your proposing to be implemented if approved. also ban renewable energy

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.

so like i expected you want to challenge your users. and like i said the solution is just to boost the mobs to match to make the qsuit a requirement to survive. there are many mods out the for tweaking mobs I recommend you investigate those and try to use existing tools first because it will take a really really long while for the change your proposing to be implemented if approved. also ban renewable energy

I already answered that before anyone talks about it, in my very first post in this topic.

And I find the idea of worrying about death in Minecraft straight-up laughable.. (unless you are worried about your XP for enchants...)

Yes, that's because you find easy to go to the place you died to pick up the stuff. When any creeper one-shots you when you have no armor (and especially no iridium armor to jump in, take ur stuff in a second and jump out) and there are monsters on your death place, that's a bit harder.

And if you're rich enough to re-make any iridium armor like us easily... that's precisely because you are invincible and you didn't have to use that matter much.

I like to point again that this answer is off-topic because the answers i've been given are off-topic.

• the point of tweaking mobs is to make it so the mobs can destroy the base that the player uses to charge their suit you need to spawn creepers, ghasts, and ender dragons on them if you wish to discriminate against and harass the users who don't play the game your way (or turn on pvp and hand out free nano sabers)

also advice for you nonqsuit users. the nano armor offers the same level of protection and is way cheaper it just doesn't have the fancy powers

one more thing your users probably won't see the difference between nerfing the suits and taking them away. they will still be just as upset and not get why your doing this because its not a pvp server

When any creeper one-shots you when you have no armor (and especially no iridium armor to jump in, take ur stuff in a second and jump out) and there are monsters on your death place, that's a bit harder.

Monsters on SMP will usually despawn if you die in a separate chunk outside of the place where you died. If you reach that spot before the interval (usually 5 mins.) for which items despawn/mobs respawn, then you can avoid having mobs hanging around over your stuff...

And there are many survival tricks you can do (while still armor-less) that will ensure your survival-ability. For example, if you jump into water as you are being chased by creepers, then you can evade the blast damage by letting them explode as both of you are submerged...

Knowing what those tricks are can make the difference between a survival struggle, or a survival cakewalk...

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• Back on topic:
    being able to configurate more options on Industrial Craft ² would be very, very cool. Examples : iridium armor effects (blocks jumped, speed of running, damage reduction, etc...), energy gained per generator (each type having its own configuration, obviously), tesla damage and range, crops speed, effect of crop-matron, ore generation probability, etc...