Tin-saving suggestion (mainly for purpose of making bio fuel a viable choice)

• Unless it has internal tank and any adjacent generators burn it for energy. No pipes okay?

I know, IC² works with cells instead of using pipes.
    In fact, to create Energy by Biofuel without wasting tin, we could have a sorts of machine wich would turn plantball into biofuel, slowly and with a little cost of EU (or without EU, but very, very slowly) and would be able to produce energy from this biofuel when placed near a Generator (as a compressor using water from pump without pipes/cells)
    And in this case, we should too have same things for coalfuel:
    Fuel would be made from Tar, wich can be finded lower than Coal and would be a bit rarer.
    This Tar could be: Used in a reffinery, working with EU (I already post a thread containing a reffinery, but it was too speaking about Tier IV, so it was rejected, denied and put in the Archives) or used with sand/gravel to create Bitumen, allowing you to walk speeder on (something like Speed*1.25)

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Anyways, so back to practical, easy suggestions for making biofuel "worth it" (where it uses only renewable resources and takes lots of effort for a better return than the other "green energies" [solar, wind, etc.]). Remember, I don't care if this makes it into IC2 or is an addon/added to another addon. I just think bio-fuel shouldn't use non-renewable tin, because that makes it a non-renewable energy source AND make bio-fuel UP.

1. Tin cells are returned to a chest from canning operations when canning fuel from bio-fuel cells (and even coal-fuel cells if that makes you happy)
    pros- easy to implement, doesn't really imbalance anything
    cons- ...saves too much tin? Honestly, I can't think of anything bad about this one :P

A. You can simply extract compressed plant clumps to get bio-fuel without needing to use cells at all (again, coal-fuel can be included in this if it makes you happy).
    pros- (not as) easy to implement, still balanced
    cons- requires 1(/2) new items and is contrary to the whole point of having cells/illogical
    B. If you extract bio-cells in an extractor that is adjacent to a canning machine with an empty fuel can in it, the canning machine will fill the fuel can and empty cells will be produced in the extractor instead of bio-fuel cells.
    pros- (I'm not actually sure if this one actually is) easy to implement, still balanced
    cons- complicated, weird, can lead to scenario where extractor stops working due to empty cells filling output, etc.

3. ...And that's all I can think of at the current moment, other than overcomplicated/overlarge changes just to fix bio-fuel as an energy source.

If any one else has some criticisms of these^^^or their own *easy to implement* suggestions, please post. ;)

GENERATION 27: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the
    generation. Social experiment.

• Aww, come on! Doesn't anyone else but me want to make bio-fuel a viable option for EU generation?

GENERATION 27: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the
    generation. Social experiment.

• I'm already building Bases of it, and i even disabled the RP-Tingeneration!

Because you don't use it. I use it in vast quantity in oder to craft RE-battery for Solar Pannel (and to turn it into Iron on PvP servs when it's not forbidden/fixed ^^) and I get too much tin, but not up to use it as fuel.

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Because you don't use it. I use it in vast quantity in oder to craft RE-battery for Solar Pannel (and to turn it into Iron on PvP servs when it's not forbidden/fixed ^^) and I get too much tin, but not up to use it as fuel.

Because 16tin to craft 64 cells to use it with a super high efficient Superfuel that will last you for a good fucking while is bad >.>

Dear god you people complaing about the shittiest things. (Including Solar OPness which im myself im included in that retardness)

• those are all pretty good ideas. :thumbup: :Industrial Diamond:

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• why is nobody responding anymore i just found this thread not too old, i just wanted to open up a thread just like this one.

I Support the Idea of renewable resources supposed to be renewable. The idea of (if i get it right) wax-cells wasn`t too bad, maybe just change them to rubber-cells then we need just 1 new item.

• Well batboxes, solar panels, tin cables, well why should i tell?
    My point is renewable resources should be absolutely renewable.
    I don`t care how, but UUM does not count.

• Official Post

Well batboxes, solar panels, tin cables, well why should i tell?

All useless Stuff, Batboxes are Stoneage, Solarpanels are the WORST Generators of whole IC² and Tincables are so cheap that they doesnt count.

My point is renewable resources should be absolutely renewable.
    I don`t care how, but UUM does not count.

Then why do you use Biofuel? Its not worth it. Just throw your Sugarcanes/Cacti/Saplings into a Generator and you get more EU without wasting your precious Tin.

• Transporting Energy without energyloss is easiest by using batboxes and coppercable.

Tin Cable is perfect for building large solar arrays, of course glass fibre is better but who gets alot of that.

Burning saplings gives less energy than biofuel does, so why did you reply to this post??

• So i kinda found a way around, i`ll just use Custom Recipes to make rubber smeltable into cells or make it possible to craft cells out of rubber.
    (cant decide yet)

• Screw, I'll use TC or EE. It'll be worth the cost in blood/diamonds.

1. OMG CREEPER RUN AWAY!
    2. Go away, you creeper wierdo!
    3. What ever, I'll just go around.
    4. Hup, over their heads I go!
    5. Okay Mister living grenade, I'm going to knock you into those skeletons, and I'll follow through with a nano saber. Understood? FOR THE ALMIGHTLY DRAGON LORD!