Tin-saving suggestion (mainly for purpose of making bio fuel a viable choice)

• :LV-Transformer: :Cable: :Cable: :Cable: :Cable: :LV-Transformer: :Cable: :Cable: :Cable: :Cable: :LV-Transformer: :Cable: :Cable: :Cable: :Cable: :LV-Transformer:
    This setup can be used to transfer 128EU/t, you will need to place every second transformers triple-dot side left and in the rest of them facing right.

Anyway i tried it it did not work and did not transfer 128 EU/t.

If I let all Transformers 3-dot side face left it transports me 32 ok that`s good.
    But if i would face every second right, i would have to apply a redstone signal to every second and the copper cable would melt so please tell me again how do i transport 128 EU/t with copper cable and LV-Transformers

128 EU/t with copper cable

copper cable

Quote from IC2 Wiki

Copper cables are Tier 1, the most common cable tier. They are only capable of handling Low Voltage (up to 32 EU/t)

According to this, you can't.
    Craft some gold cables ^^

• Don`t pick on me z3r0, i am the one wondering why copper cable does not melt when transfering 128 EU/t, so i tried and all my tests showed it does not work.

• Anyway i tried it it did not work and did not transfer 128 EU/t.

If I let all Transformers 3-dot side face left it transports me 32 ok that`s good.
    But if i would face every second right, i would have to apply a redstone signal to every second and the copper cable would melt so please tell me again how do i transport 128 EU/t with copper cable and LV-Transformers

ANSWER:

there is no power loss or melting using transformers every 4 blocks on a LV circuit, and transformers are cheaper than batboxes..

you can't send 128eu packets over copper cables but that circuit will be able to handle a 128eu(aka MV) source the transformers split the 128eu packets in to 4 32eu(aka LV) packets and you can send any number of 32eu packets over copper cables at the same time. moral of the story with the right wiring and power generation any type of wire can handle/deliver any level of eu/t(the highest i've ever heard was like 3000 something) what matters is how big the eu packets are not how much eu is being passed per tick

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• Anyway i tried it it did not work and did not transfer 128 EU/t.

derp. *facepalm* at myself :wacko: . I don't have an idea why I posted that as it should be like this:
    :Cable: :Cable: :Cable: :Cable: :LV-Transformer: :Glass Fibre: :Glass Fibre: :LV-Transformer: :Cable: :Cable: :Cable: :Cable: :LV-Transformer: :Glass Fibre: :Glass Fibre: :LV-Transformer: :Cable: :Cable: :Cable: :Cable: :LV-Transformer:
    :Glass Fibre: = gold cable with atleast 1x insulation. Three dotted sides facing the gold cable and transformers before gold cable redstoned. You can also remove the gold cable altogether and put the transformers right next to each other. Gold is quite useless so I recommend the first one, and it's transporting 4x more EU than a row of batboxes so it's a lot cheaper.

8 minutes of fire resistance potion is enough to get ~32 blaze rods. And its only if you haven't got looting sword.
    32*6=192.000 EU.
    Sooner or later you'll get your looting III, i get 64+-15 rods. Sometimes more.
    70*6000=420.000
    But you can have TWO spawners nearby, so instead of waiting till blazes
    spawn again you can go to the 2nd. That will get you even more rods.

That's still inefficient. You can earn energy way faster by spamming lava cells. Yes, it costs more to make the tin cells from UUM but at that point half a million energy isn't anything, and afaik looting 3 requires quite a lot of experience(at least 200 mobs). It's just easier to mine 0,4 tin ore per minute[lava cell=20k EU/0,25 tin, blaze rods w/o looting estimated for about 64k EU/min, that's 2,6 times more than in your first calculation] and you get other resources as well. And your calculations are wrong, a blaze rod gives 5 blaze powder, not six. Note to self: powder and rods: different.
    Edit:actually you gain 30k/tin bar even with massfabricated cells if the UU-matter is made with scrap.

Don`t pick on me z3r0, i am the one wondering why copper cable does not melt when transfering 128 EU/t, so i tried and all my tests showed it does not work.

I didn't, i just showed you why, thats all.

and afaik looting 3 requires quite a lot of experience(at least 200 mobs)

You can get it after some blaze farms. You don't even need it much, and not "III"

And your calculations are wrong, a blaze rod gives 5 blaze powder, not six.

I really meant the EU you get from them. That should be 6k or 6.000. Ah, np, let me fix it...

You can earn energy way faster by spamming lava cells.

Don't really understand how...
    If using buildcraft-matter of transportation, and Ghasts. If using just cells-runing over to the neither and back is kinda long+tin.
    Im not kinda the one who keeps tin, but in THAT case it will be waisted extremly fast.

• Don't really understand how...
    If using buildcraft-matter of transportation, and Ghasts. If using just cells-runing over to the neither and back is kinda long+tin.
    Im not kinda the one who keeps tin, but in THAT case it will be waisted extremly fast.

1. Mine tin ore, then macerate and smelt in and make it into cells.
    2. Go to the nether and find lava.
    3. ???
    4. Profit!

Seriously to achieve the same amount of energy you get with blaze rods you need to burn 1,2 lava cells per minute. You can gather about two stacks of them in a minute in the nether if you are quick. That's enough for over 1,75h, so it leaves you quite a bit of time to mine the 32 tin(16 ore) you need for it. Not to mention geothermals don't waste energy in the beginning when it actually somewhat matters.

• you can send any number of 32eu packets over copper cables at the same time.

I tested a lot again and you might be right with a copper cable can handle any number of 32eu packets, but it seems to be impossible to send more than 4 packets at the same time, since a LV-transformer can only handle 1 132eu packet per tick, or is there a way than using a LV-transformer??

Seriously to achieve the same amount of energy you get with blaze rods you need to burn 1,2 lava cells per minute. You can gather about two stacks of them in a minute in the nether if you are quick. That's enough for over 1,75h, so it leaves you quite a bit of time to mine the 32 tin(16 ore) you need for it. Not to mention geothermals don't waste energy in the beginning when it actually somewhat matters.

Ah, i understand now.
    You choose between time or resourses waiste. I think ill go to time better.

• Official Post

moral of the story with the right wiring and power generation any type of wire can handle/deliver any level of eu/t(the highest i've ever heard was like 3000 something) what matters is how big the eu packets are not how much eu is being passed per tick.

And thats is why my 6400 wind mills generate 10k EU/t and send it to ground through only one glass fiber cable. [Page/post 6 of Lagfree tutorial, Wind Engineering]

• And thats is why my 6400 wind mills generate 10k EU/t and send it to ground through only one glass fiber cable. [Page/post 6 of Lagfree tutorial, Wind Engineering]

If I had that, I'd skip bringing down to the ground and connect it with a short cable to a mass fab and use the rest of the height on a way to get up that high.

• (Back on topic)
    I honestly don't see where people pull the idea that biofuel with less cost would be OP. Currently, most people completely overlook fuel. With regular fuel, you're burning diamonds (1 64th of one per cell). While Superfuel may exist, that's a lot closer to endgame than where biofuel is useful (or, in my mind, intended for use). Biofuel covers, to some extent, that gap between coal-fueled generators and their more advanced, passive counterparts like solar cells and wind turbines. It's massively prohibitive, at this point. It uses almost half a tin bar per can of fuel. That's one tin bar to replace 13 charcoal, which, by the way, is completely renewable (that's two to three trees). Compared against lavacells (bad example since you can just use buckets) that's 4340 energy per cell at biofuel to 20000 per cell at lava (or 2000 per cell for water, both of which are completely avoidable with the use of a single bucket which is also renewable). Biofuel in and of itself is a major pain to create in the first place, involving a lot more work than simply burning wood and throwing it into the same generator.

On top of all this, it's four tin ingots to make a solar generator. AFK EU generation that requires absolutely 0 maintenance. Same numbers for any other AFK EU generator. 16 empty cells is the tin component for a generator. Those 16 cells are going to get you just over two cans of biofuel.

Energy generation is a very big point towards progression through technology in IC. It sits right next to getting machines built in the first place. As it is right now, you go from regular generator with charcoal next to a batbox straight to your final preferred method for producing energy piped straight into the top (when there's a mind for efficiency which is a big facet of IC). There's no ground level/slightly more effective ground level/final level. It's just ground level generator with renewable charcoal then BAM, final level with some passive energy generation which transcends renewable.

Honestly, it feels like biofuel is just there for refueling :Electric Jetpack: without using up precious :Industrial Diamond: , rather than as a viable fuelsource.

Logically, it makes no sense that is USES the cells when you can the fuel. Where does that cell go? If anything, when the cell gets canned, it should turn into a depleted cell of its type, which could be 're-enriched' into a bio-cell. Personally, if I knew how to make a plugin to modify the recipies, I would either 1/6th the tin cost for biocells or make a packaged unstackable biofuel cell recipie that costs 6 biofuel cells that isn't consumed by the canning machine (returns a 6x empty cell item which can be crafted into 6 empty cells to restart the whole process).

• I have a MUCH better idea... one that's simple, and requires no coding changes...

Tree Farm + Electric Furnace connected to a small bit of renewable power + A set of Generators to accept the Charcoal with...

GEE

GEE!

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• Yes, why of course; that's an amazing idea. In fact, why don't the developers remove support for nuclear power as well. It'll require additively less code time as time goes on!

In fact, why not make all energy generation the same? It can be way simpler to code that way.

Sarcasm aside, you can't just push 'oh, it's going to have to be coded' onto an idea at the expense of balance, even when it comes to progression through early to mid-game. Modifying the operation of canned fuel within generators has a larger impact than just making it a little easier to produce energy (easy is a relative term; it's way harder to make those biofuel cans than to throw in charcoal but it's an alternative energy source and non-recycler use for saplings and leaves(which so happen to be produced to a large extent by chainsaws (which also costs energy per unit))).

• Wut? Saving tin ? i've got like 5 stacks of tin blocks and using a lot of cells for water and lava cells. you don't have to save it too much as it is ridicously common especially if you use red power.

Wut? Saving tin ? i've got like 5 stacks of tin blocks and using a lot of cells for water and lava cells. you don't have to save it too much as it is ridicously common especially if you use red power.

Ye, but if you'll start using it up it will end soon, and the most pain in the ass is to move all your stuff to new place, not counting the energy you will loose.
    Thats the only reason for tin-saving suggestions. For me, at least.

• Hey Jagadid what if, let´s say, i send u every one of my ideas and u present it?

Your preety good at it, if u like i can code a plugin for you on the other hand ;-D.(which seems to be easier than you might think)

I Support Jagadid. GOGO :thumbup: GOGO :thumbup: GOOOOOOOOOOO Jagadid :Nuke TNT: (hmm why didnt that go off :huh: )

you can't just push 'oh, it's going to have to be coded' onto an idea at the expense of balance, even when it comes to progression through early to mid-game

That's not what I'm saying... I'm saying there are smarter ways to use biofuel then what you are saying... Even if it means being slightly (I'm using that word loosely here) explotive with some of the vanilla Minecraft mechanics, there are better ways to gain power.. For instance, did you know that mob spawners are your greatest source of food, or fuel, or sub-product used to obtain fuel? And they are all apart of Minecraft when you buy it...

I just think you need more time to think outside the block, good sir...

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• It shouldn't be changed because of balance, it should be changed because the idea of non-renewable biofuel is just dumb.

Disappointed with the bugs and nerfedness of AtomicStryker Corp's Advanced Machines, and the unupdatedness of Snyke's Enterprises?
    Need low-lag renewable power?
    Come to ImmTech Intragalactical this thread for free UUM!

Note: UUM may stand for Unnerfed Unbuggy Updated Machines and may not be actual UUM. The extra U was lost due to a bit error.
    Battery snot included.