[Deprecated] Molten Electrolyzer

• molten electrolyzer: interested
    lava maker: not interested

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• Official Post

So you are suggesting: Lava + Machine + Time = low amount of Minerals + (maybe) Energy

To make it usefull enough, you have to get more Ore than you would get with a Recycler (or Massfabricator), but you have also to make it less efficient, because of Cobblegenerators. This way its really, hard to balance between that very small space, and everyone would just skip it, IF there would be no Lava in the Nether, so if we dont make the Lavamaker, but the Mineralfilter, which you call "Molten Electrolyzer", for filtering Minerals out of Netherlava (Also normal Lava, but there is not so much of it), then we could much easier Survive in the Nether, so finally:

+1 for "Molten Electrolyzer" if you use another Name for it
    -1 for "Lavamaker", which you have suggested right before

• So you are suggesting: Lava + Machine + Time = low amount of Minerals + (maybe) Energy

To make it usefull enough, you have to get more Ore than you would get with a Recycler (or Massfabricator), but you have also to make it less efficient, because of Cobblegenerators. This way its really, hard to balance between that very small space, and everyone would just skip it, IF there would be no Lava in the Nether, so if we dont make the Lavamaker, but the Mineralfilter, which you call "Molten Electrolyzer", for filtering Minerals out of Netherlava (Also normal Lava, but there is not so much of it), then we could much easier Survive in the Nether, so finally:

+1 for "Molten Electrolyzer" if you use another Name for it
    -1 for "Lavamaker", which you have suggested right before

if you ask me the name is not important i'm sure the devs could cook up an appropriately HAYO! name. i think when filtering deeper metals should be more common like gold, tin, and redstone(its some science thing the reason we don't have massive amounts of platinum and iridium IRL is cause they all sunk into the mantle because they were so dense)

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.

• Very bad Idea.
    Yes, rock is made from melten ore, and they are metal in.
    But it's a very little percentage I think.
    At worth, we could make a more advanced machine wich would turn ore into a lot of different dust a single ore. (Thinking, for example, that Copper Ore contain very often up to 20% Iron)
    I agree with finding a very little % of ore in this stone. But thinking we can make it with lava sources and water ...
    However, we could have a special stone wich couldn't be created by Lava (and avoiding ore gen) but wich could be used in a sorts of special macerator (a very advanced one, wich would use something like 128 EU) to give you metal and others ...
    And to create lava sources, I already did a thread speaking about Tier IV (I know, it has been denied and denied, and denied again) and I had suggested a "High Temperature Furnace" allowing you to turn OBSIDIAN (and no cobble/stone!) into Lava sources (and with what I suggested, it had several (other) usage for it, but this is not the point)

Edit: I saw Gregorius talks about using it wihtout "Lava Maker", but if you could create Iron from Lava, you would go in the nether with a full inventory of Cells/Bucket, or simply using directly the system in the nether to produce Iron ingot in.
    With Buildcraft it would be OP, considering you won't need tin for this transformation :p

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• I would love this if it were a addon to be used exclusively with Terrafirma craft, the diferent amounts of rocks in that mod could give diferent kinds of ores. (Of course there should be no 100% success chance to get anything, and ore "Dusts" that you get from it would need to have a lower chance of success than the glass)

Also one another thing that would be solved as a terrafirma + ic2 addon its that you won't have to bother getting rid of cobblestone generators. (Yes there is a crapton of rock in the game, but why bother walking a few distances to mine it when you can make it in the spot?)

• Glass = Raw Si ? I do not agree.
    There is impurities in glass. And what would be useful by getting glass from stone/cobblestone/lava when you can do it easily with a simple Macerator + Furnace ?

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• My opinion on this is:
    Collecting bits of metal from lava: Defiantly, only really interesting idea.
    Generates glass: No, stone can be made into sand then glass. there is no real advantage to having massive amounts of glass. (Glass panes are blacklisted)
    Generates energy: No way, this would be a buffed up generator + mass fabricator rolled into one.

Question about real world physics, due to the fact that copper + tin = bronze, would extracting metal from lava result in bronze instead of tin and copper?

Balancing question: Without being able to pump lava to this thing, would it eat more tin than it outputs other material?

Alblaka says:

"People using their intellect in attempts to discuss other people into the ground could be considered less intellectual then people using their intellect for something beneficial :3"

• My opinion on this is:
    Collecting bits of metal from lava: Defiantly, only really interesting idea.
    Generates glass: No, stone can be made into sand then glass. there is no real advantage to having massive amounts of glass. (Glass panes are blacklisted)
    Generates energy: No way, this would be a buffed up generator + mass fabricator rolled into one.

Question about real world physics, due to the fact that copper + tin = bronze, would extracting metal from lava result in bronze instead of tin and copper?

Balancing question: Without being able to pump lava to this thing, would it eat more tin than it outputs other material?

Glass: is a waste product of the process... like that if u don't deal with the glass, the machine full a stack of glass and than stop to work because there are no space... so u have to manage the estraction from the machine to continue.

Generate energy: no way! where u read it? it USE a lot of energy, STOP.

Balancing: i think that too... if u are able to feed the machine only by tin can, the process must at MINIUM ensure the production of 4 tin ingot from 16 lava only to be profitable... or it need another way to be feeded that not use tin, like buildcraft or as i suggested in the other post, the lava maker under it to feed it directly...

• I never said it would *generate* energy, who came up with that? It uses energy, and a lot of it!

Pure Si (siliCON) =/= Pure SiO2 (siliCA) = Glass. We could of course throw away this silica and make it magically disappear, since Minecraft has shown to be very bad at conserving volume.

Considering how negative the reaction was for the lava maker, we could combine their action into one machine and have the Lava Electrolyzer (how's that name?) take either a considerable amount of lava and energy or a humongous amount of cobblestone and energy and gradually build up minerals. The idea being you keep feeding it lots of raw materials (cheap rock) and you get a smaller amount of more valuable material (metals).

Perhaps this could be an upgrade to a recycler system. Instead of taking anything, it only takes rock, it takes more energy, but it has a higher yield of metal.

• so everyone hates the lavamaker so you combine it with this idea and that makes it better? no no no you have it backwards my friend you need to kill the lava maker concept entirely and go forward with with this molten metal extractor all by its self this is where the money is cause it will do 3 things
    1. make living in the nether more fun cause you don't need to run back to the over-world for supplies
    2. add a new use for eu
    3. add a way for new metals to be added to the game without turning caves rainbow colored with ores (remember most of earths awesome dense exotic metals sunk into the mantel. now guess where the nether is at?)

• 3. add a way for new metals to be added to the game without turning caves rainbow colored with ores (remember most of earths awesome dense exotic metals sunk into the mantel. now guess where the nether is at?)

For all we know... In another dimension dahhhh.

Besides there is no rock in the nether (Say no to cobblestone generators because fuck them... Oh wait those don't even work in the nether anymore, ice was nerfed in there lul)

• For all we know... In another dimension dahhhh.

Besides there is no rock in the nether (Say no to cobblestone generators because fuck them... Oh wait those don't even work in the nether anymore, ice was nerfed in there lul)

the achievement says "must go deeper" and there are sever plugins and mods that let go to the nether by going below layer 0. there is no "rock" in the earths mantel either just lava(or is the right word magma?). plus this will pose a fun logistic problem for people who rely on geogens (do i want power? or precious metals?)

• Official Post

do i want power? or precious metals?

Whats about both?

People, please stop complaining about the Lavamaker and Cobblegens, this is the wrong Thread for it.

This is only about: Lava + Machine + Energy = Minerals

And if it has the compatiblity to the IC²-Pump (Or simply Buckets) like Geothermals, then it not even costs Tincells, HAYO!

• @ 3Davideo please remove the the Deprecated tag from this post people are still talking about it a i would prefer not to have to start a whole new thread