Suggestion: Field generators

• Official Post

Electromagnetic Field generator:
    When powered sends strong electromagnetic waves in all directions which paralyzes any living thing.
    Humans are also affected but instead of paralyze, it is slowed. To counter that player should wear Rubber armor. [The hazmat suit]

Microwave Field generator:
    When powered generates very strong microwaves which heats any water molecule in range, effectively burning any living thing [And vaporizing water, melting ice].
    This includes Steve, so you must wear special armor to counter that.
    This field generator also DOES heat nearby nuclear reactors. [This could be an Electric heater for breeding]

Electromagnetic wave absortion Field:
    When powered it absorbs all nearby waves effectively nullifying any nearby field generators and freezing anything nearby [It absorbs heat waves].
    Living Creatures [Steve included (Also special armor counters that)] gets damaged from freeze effect, water turns into ice, lava turns into obsidian , flowing lava turns into cobblestone.
    This field drains heat from nuclear reactors [This could be an Electric cooler for reactors]

Field generators also have upgrade slots, to increase voltage and Strength

Overclocker upgrades increase Area of effect by 2.

Power consumed = Area affected [It does not consider Y, only X and Z] x 0,1 EU/t

a 3x3 field consumes 0,9 EU/t [Default]
    a 5x5 field consumes 2,5 EU/t [With 1 overclocker]

Is this possible to be a single machine with a gui which we could alternate between each kind of field generators?

• No magic, please. Even if you did not name it so.

*facepalms*
    EM Fields are possible to create with our current tech. The only problem is that we don't have a generator powerful enough to make a shield of it.

AlsoI like this. +1

"A modern tank can speed at 60 mph while shooting a target with pinpoint accuracy from 5 miles away." Civ-5

• Official Post

the first is plausible but i see no use really. the second if deff disguised magic.

1: anti-mob nearby your house or mining site. [No more creepers blowing in your face and your house]
    2: guess how your microwave oven works? It produces microwaves in the same frequency as water. Ressonance effect. Water absorbs it and heats up.
    The fact is this would be a big scale microwave, with NO protection layers [otherwise you would get cancer and "burn" in RL]

3: wave absorber absorbs any electromagnetic wave, like a black hole. [actually it would absorb sunlight too... so you would be able to see it when it is working]

• *facepalms*
    EM Fields are possible to create with our current tech. The only problem is that we don't have a generator powerful enough to make a shield of it.

Paralizator? Not real enough for me. Especially rubber shielding for EM wave. :D
    Heater? Most real of those, but water vaporization is too much. Also too deadly and not needed.
    Freezer? Cannot be real. Is it only to cool reactor?

• Paralizator? Not real enough for me. Especially rubber shielding for EM wave. :D
    Heater? Most real of those, but water vaporization is too much. Also too deadly and not needed.

first you don't seem to like any of todays suggestions
    second floating dirt block, walking skeletons, lava in my pants, mininglaser, teleporters, massfab, plants that drop gold, nether wart(now a crop which means ic2 recognizes the nethers existence), jetpacks, ELECTRIC jetpacks, home made nuclear reactors, weaponized tesla coils, nano armor, quantum armor, do i really need to go on?

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• Official Post

Actually they have the almost the purpose, one uses heat to kill and heat reactor.
    Other removes heat to kill and cool reactor.

Also i'd like if someone suggests another kind of EM field that is usefull.
    [that has a little basis on reality, we have floating dirtblocks and other wtf stuff so it doesnt have to be 100% realistic right?]

• Suggestions do not need to be real. I just stated those are unreal because someone say they real.
    Nevertheless I do not like those. They are bad in my opinion.

• Good idea, but the cooling for reactors is a bit OP. You could then make MARK V reactors work as MARK III, if it's too powerful. On the other hand, I don't even know how much cooling power you want available, so maybe it will work out in the end. Still, Reactors will have a big efficiency increase.

• Good idea, but the cooling for reactors is a bit OP. You could then make MARK V reactors work as MARK III, if it's too powerful. On the other hand, I don't even know how much cooling power you want available, so maybe it will work out in the end. Still, Reactors will have a big efficiency increase.

CAUSC Allows Mark V to become Mark II.

Anyway maybe it would be time to add a recipie to this topic for the gens...

"A modern tank can speed at 60 mph while shooting a target with pinpoint accuracy from 5 miles away." Civ-5

• CAUSC Allows Mark V to become Mark II.

CASUCs are usually or the sensible CASUC designs are are mark I.
    I wouldn't consider something like this as overpovered given that you can make a 1800+ EU/t design without much more that a reactor and six chambers by using redpower without even spending any of the power on cooling.