[Suggestion] - Sticky Resin Binding Agent

• Hey, gang!

Well, this idea sprang from the fact that you can use sticky resin to make sticky pistons. Pistons are the ideal choice for making secured doors, but only if you don't mind the doors being 2x2 without serious redstone setup. What if, then, you could use sticky resin (or perhaps refine it somehow) as a binding agent to keep blocks stuck together? I don't know if this has already been suggested, but to my knowledge, it hasn't yet.

It would certainly stack with RP2's frames, as by gluing blocks together, you can make a fully-sealed blast door with this glue and Reinforced Stone.

Anyway, what do you guys think?

• ... What?

And with what i mean that i don't understand what are you trying to suggest.

what he wants is when a block moves the block that is glued to it also moves

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• Frames does not achieve that already? (He mentioned it first)

i got
    1)not every one uses red power and its not a total copy
    2)if you can make sticky pistons why not sticky blocks
    3) i can make a nicer looking moving island that doesn't have 3thick walls and frame borders every where
    which one would you like to pick apart first? (bonus points if you answer like your on jeopardy)

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• i got
    1)not every one uses red power and its not a total copy
    2)if you can make sticky pistons why not sticky blocks
    3) i can make a nicer looking moving island that doesn't have 3thick walls and frame borders every where
    which one would you like to pick apart first? (bonus points if you answer like your on jeopardy)

Yeah, because the dev team will find it funny to find a way to make EVERY SINGLE FRIGGING BLOCK to change textures/behaviour whatever (Im in derp mode right now bear with me). I find that to be more trouble than what is worth. Piston although low tech can sorta achieve this effect and for more advanced stuff you can always go to redpower, after all redpower its only fun if you mix it with other mods (At least until eloraam finish it)

• Piston move nearest block.
    RP2 Frames move Frames and nearest blocks.
    You want glue to bond two general blocks. I do not see, how to make it effectively.
    There is a variant of glue block, which move all nearby blocks when one moves. I think it will not help you.

P.S. Anyone tested sticky piston on frames?

• Official Post

Once redpower get a autocrafting bench i drop buildcraft. Redpower is simply way beter in every other way.

But i think this is too hard to do since you need to change every block ingame and it wont be compatible with other mods.

Immibis made an advanced automatic Craftingtable for use with Redpower, it's part of the Tubestuff-Mod. (I dropped BC already)

As for the Gluing Blocks, thats really hard to implement and would need MASSIVE Basefilemodification, so wait until Jeb comes up with that as "his own Idea"