[1.95b][SSP, SMP][Version 1B Hotfix] Mo' Drills, If you havent got that Diamond yet

• For all you people out there who feel there aren't enough drills in industrial craft, i have made MO' DRILLS
    This is the first addon i have tried to create for industrial craft and it has not been tested yet so therefore it has no pictures.
    Just realised i Forgot to add the config file

The added drills are:
    Iron Drill
    Gold Drill

The crafting recipe is as follows:
    -X-
    X#X
    ---
    X = iron or gold
    # = mining drill
    - = Nothing

The drills function in the same way as the normal drills but have the durability of iron and gold tools
    If something doesn't work or you would like to add other items please tell me below
    To install the client just put the downloaded zip into the mods folder
    To install the server just put it in the mods folder that is created when forge the server is run for the first time

Download is also below :P

• Nice idea :D But i must say i already have :Industrial Diamond: :Industrial Diamond: :Industrial Diamond: :P Cool mod and when you want you can make something like a fuel powerd drill.. i think that would be cool 8) So :thumbup: for this mod.

• No iridium drill? I am disappoint. No offense though.

Quote from Shadowrockus

I deny that biospheres are redundant. They are amazing. It keeps a crisp environment, and besides, you can't beat them. So don't resent them.

I made textures for the transformers mod.

• I think the iron drill is not necessary because it's strong as iron to begin with.. And the gold's duraBility is weaker than iron, does that mean the gold drill will be discharged faster?

• all very good ideas, the iron drill will be changed to iridium since there is no point having it and the gold drill will have the same speed as gold but the same amount of uses as the normal drill, i <3 Ic2 and i didn't know that there was iridium lol

• Do we really need Iridium Drills though? The Diamond Drill cuts through just about everything like butter already.

• Do we really need Iridium Drills though? The Diamond Drill cuts through just about everything like butter already.

Iridium drill could be like bioshock2 drill and do obscene damage to enemies as well, just a thought

• all very good ideas, the iron drill will be changed to iridium since there is no point having it and the gold drill will have the same speed as gold but the same amount of uses as the normal drill, i <3 Ic2 and i didn't know that there was iridium lol

So...the drills don't run off eu, they have uses!?? 8

• he means EU uses ofcourse. Its logic.

Yes you are correct i only recently started this addon so i say that any type of tool that has any form of uses has "uses", if in this case that EU, vis (thaumcraft), MegaJoules (buildcraft), or any other type of energy system has tools that has a build up of energy it still has a certain number of uses untill it needs to be recharged

• here is a use for the gold drill make it enchant-able(gold is the most magically conductive material in minecraft)
    as for the iron drill you know that the miningdrill is already made out of refined iron right?
    how about a coal fueled bronze drill?

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• java.lang.NullPointerException
    at fr.a(CraftingManager.java:175)
    at ModLoader.addRecipe(ModLoader.java:401)
    at mod_modrills.load(mod_modrills.java:31)
    at ModLoader.init(ModLoader.java:891)
    at ModLoader.addAllRenderers(ModLoader.java:189)
    at ahu.<init>(RenderManager.java:86)
    at ahu.<clinit>(RenderManager.java:14)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.a(Minecraft.java:394)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(Minecraft.java:732)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
    --- END ERROR REPORT fe78cde8 ----------

God blesses the child that can hold its own.

• Gold drills sound neat, if useless. Gold has the mining power of wood, and less durability. The real upshot of gold is that it's good for enchanting. But that's hard to represent. Another use for gold is as a conductive material, which is also kinda hard to represent. So why not have gold dig slower, but dig all blocks surrounding it, and have more EU storage then normal drills? A balance would be to have it work at wood power(can't mine iron ore and above), so it would be more of a large scope drill.

As for the idea of a Iridium drill, making it a combat ready diamond drill would be awesome. Just make sure it can mine anything diamond can drill, at a higher speed. I mean, a diamond drill is fast, but once you're mining obsidian, you want more speed no matter what. Making it about as powerful as a actual vibrosaber(or whatever they are called, never made one myself) would make sense.

Though for a added treat, try to add the Iridium drill to the drills which can be used by the miner. As powerful as diamond, but faster and slightly cheaper.

Apprentice Redstoner, Professional Slacker

• Make a badass drill that shoots nukes but doesnt damage the player but the blast radius a little less op than the normal nuke it would be awesome

• No upgrading drills?

Disappointed with the bugs and nerfedness of AtomicStryker Corp's Advanced Machines, and the unupdatedness of Snyke's Enterprises?
    Need low-lag renewable power?
    Come to ImmTech Intragalactical this thread for free UUM!

Note: UUM may stand for Unnerfed Unbuggy Updated Machines and may not be actual UUM. The extra U was lost due to a bit error.
    Battery snot included.

• The mod looks great :D but when you start up the game it crashes with an error report saying that it couldnt add a crafting recipe. :(