[Addon1.95b] CANCLED Industrial Gasses

• by fuelgas i assume you mean woodgas(A.K.A. towngas) which IMO would be the best place to start because its the most low tech to produce, store, and use

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• You should totally add nitrous oxide or some other type of coolant. Maybe have some advanced generator that outputs more power when coolant is present in cell form of course. Also consider mustard gas, those creeper won't know what hit them. :D BTW, can you hold this? :Nuke TNT: My nuclear reactor is about to go sub-orbital due to lack of that new coolant gas.

• What about a Generator for liquid Nitrogen, then use Buildcraft to pump Water and the liquid Nitrogen to an Ice Producer, which could then supply a nuclear reactor with Ice Blocks.

Intel i7 990X @ 4,60 GHZ, Asus Rampage III Black Edition, 24GB Corsair Dominator GT DDR3,
    2x Zotac Nvidia Geforce 580AMP 1,5gb, OCZ Revodrive 3 X2 240GB 1GBps,
    1TB Western Digital Cavier Black, 2x Hitachi HDS723030BLE640 3TB, 3x BenQ XL2410T LCD-Monitors

Hosting Minecraft Servers on an Octo Core 32GB Ram Server: http://two66.com/
    Free Space available! If you need a Server let me know!

• Official Post

What about a Generator for liquid Nitrogen, then use Buildcraft to pump Water and the liquid Nitrogen to an Ice Producer, which could then supply a nuclear reactor with Ice Blocks.

Just pump the liquid nitrogen directly inside reactor, collect N2 gas and recool it.

• I meant that i don't think that reactors have an API currently when i said that i wasn't sure if i could make a coolant.

You can just access the reactor heat variable directly, without any problems. Just subtract from the reactor's hull however much heat your cooling system is capable of removing.

Several addons do this : look in their code if you need help. Thermometer/Nuclear Control/Modular Force Field and others.

• Interesting concept you got there. A plasma conduit?

1. OMG CREEPER RUN AWAY!
    2. Go away, you creeper wierdo!
    3. What ever, I'll just go around.
    4. Hup, over their heads I go!
    5. Okay Mister living grenade, I'm going to knock you into those skeletons, and I'll follow through with a nano saber. Understood? FOR THE ALMIGHTLY DRAGON LORD!

• You can just access the reactor heat variable directly, without any problems. Just subtract from the reactor's hull however much heat your cooling system is capable of removing.

Several addons do this : look in their code if you need help. Thermometer/Nuclear Control/Modular Force Field and others.

i'm still quite a noob at modding, so any help is appreciated

• I want to offer you some ideas about gasses:

Gas items:
    1) gas pump. An air pump sucking gasses from everywhere (60% from air, 15% from ground, 5% from water, 20% from chemical reactions (it will need scrap or smth like that).
    exsample recipie: (p = gas pipe, m = manometer, :Empty Cell: = vacuum cell, :Advanced Furnace: = furnace)
    :Empty Cell: :Advanced Furnace: :Empty Cell:
    p :Advanced Machine: p
    m :Advanced Circuit: :Cable:
    2) gas pipe. Recepy should contain some rubber and bronze.
    :Rubber: _ :Rubber:
    :Copper Ingot: _ :Copper Ingot:
    :Rubber: _ :Rubber:

3) manometer. Just put it on the pipe, and every time you right - click on it, it will tell you in the chat, how much gas comes through it (or maybe better do the dynamic texture). Should be measured in bars. 0-100 Br.
    :Advanced Machine: :Advanced Circuit: _
    :Empty Cell: _ _
    _ _ _

4) Iron furnace should support gas pipes and work on gasses 30% faster, than on coal.
    5) gas bottles. Should look like buildcraft glass cans, but made of bronze. Should contain 16 cubic meters of any gas. 16 cubic meters = 100 Br. Should be able to stack horisontally. Should support manometers.
    :Copper Ingot: :Copper Ingot: :Copper Ingot:

:Copper Ingot: :Rubber: :Copper Ingot:
    :Copper Ingot: :Copper Ingot: :Copper Ingot:

6) Adding rubber to cells should result vacuum cells. Can storage 10 Br of any gas. Charge - uncharge in pump. can be used as a fuel in any furnace which supports fuel.
    _ :Rubber: _

:Rubber: :Empty Cell: :Rubber:
    _ :Rubber: _
    Gasses:
    1) Natural swamp gas. To get it, place gas pump in water in swamp biome, and provide gas pipes/ bottles connection. It's own storage = 10 Br. use as a fuel to iron furnacle.
    2) Coal gas (C). just put some charcoal into pump (ea, it seems it should have a furnace in it's recipie lol).

3) maybe some buildcraft - styled oil? I know it isn't a gass, but... it can be converted into many gasses!

it's a rough idea, i know, but i want to see any mod like i've described, cause i suppose it'll be cool!

p.s. maybe some gases should affect on crops?

• REACTOR API ADDED. COOLING SYSTEMS POSSIBLE! :thumbup:

thanks, but i already have ideas for machines.
    I will fix the op,so that there is no more confusion.
    Regarding pipes:

• Out of curiosity how would one obtain these gasses? Would they appear as harvestable blocks(e.g., Tin, Copper, Iron, etc.), fluid resources (e.g., BC Oil), or synthesized via machines and utilizing other materials? I'm guessing they would be treated as fluids and be stored as such, whether in pipes, tanks, cans, etc? This is mostly just my mind thinking out loud though. I could see a machine that takes a given amount of air and separates the gasses out (e.g., Earth at 78% Nitrogen, 20% Nitrogen, 0.9% Argon, 0.03% CO2, the rest is a mix) depending on a given gui choice. Alternatively one could create H2 and O2 by the electrolysis of water.