better tin wires (plus energy tap)

• i think that there should be a energy storage device that can emit micro voltage. there should also be a micro voltage power converter. but to make these, you would need tin plates. tin plates could be made by placing a tin ingot in the crafting table. this would make 2 tin plates.then you could craft a micro storage unit. it would hold around 500-1000 EU. you could also craft a energy tap. the energy tap would act like a cable, but you could place a RE battery in it and it would charge it. it does not store energy, it would just act as a energy collection point for solar farms so you could charge a battery. then you could make a tier 2 energy tap that can charge a energy crystal.

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• +0 for me.
    It could be good ... but it could be too easy to get/complicated IC for nothing (or a very few thing)

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Tin going up to 8 = 1 losses/10 blocks at 32 EU/t ... so it would be better than Unsulated Copper Cable (I know it's already better, but not up to this point, and it can only be used in order to collect EU from gen, not to output energy for a batbx, so for the time being, it's balanced. With 8 EU/t max, it wouldn't be.)

NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• And it's good like that. We all know you would like having only Fuel Gen/Nuclear Reactor really useful in IC, but I think it's good like that. But I say again that 8 EU/t would make tin cable OP.

NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• And it's good like that. We all know you would like having only Fuel Gen/Nuclear Reactor really useful in IC, but I think it's good like that. But I say again that 8 EU/t would make tin cable OP.

Green gens barely produce more than 5 eu/t and the only one the capability to do so its the windmill. There is no need to make tin cable better.

• meh, i said that so tin cables would fit in with a pattern. and what do you think about the energy tap?

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• -1 for tin cable modification

i like the idea of the ULV storage/transformer... but i haven't in my mind a single application for that as if i have to transport EU, i prefer transferspeed, so i choose HV, and if i have to store EU i go for sure for a batbox that is already the correct voltage for machines... so...

+0 for ULV storage/transformer

+1 for the energy tap... even if any other kind of cable are already denied and there is an addon that do this better...

• OK, forget about the tin wire change.it doesn't really matter. the main point is energy tap and ULV storage unit.

• As FenixR said, the only use of tin cables is stuff from green generators. This keeps it in balance. No need to screw with the system.

Haikus are poems

They don't always make sense

Potato

• guys the point is the energy tap.is there anything to criticise there? :(

• guys the point is the energy tap.is there anything to criticise there? :(

Honestly, I'm fine with the energy tap. There have been times where I'm walking along one of my power lines, dealing with small... problems. After a while I realize that I wish I was near a storage unit to charge my tools, but I'm nowhere near one. The tap might be just the solution.

Energy Tap: +1

• why denied?

• +0 for tin cable modification (Meh.)
    +1 for ULV storage/transformer IF it can't convert higher voltages down to ULV (so it just "collects" ULV packets, combines them and resends them). (Interesting idea. It would significantly change the concepts behind building green generator farms, because you could transport power further than 40 blocks but only if you had less than 5 or 8 eu/t [not eu/packet])
    If it can convert higher voltages to ULV, then -9001. Cables have loss for a reason.

+1 for the energy tap.

Disappointed with the bugs and nerfedness of AtomicStryker Corp's Advanced Machines, and the unupdatedness of Snyke's Enterprises?
    Need low-lag renewable power?
    Come to ImmTech Intragalactical this thread for free UUM!

Note: UUM may stand for Unnerfed Unbuggy Updated Machines and may not be actual UUM. The extra U was lost due to a bit error.
    Battery snot included.

• Everything but the energy tap would be exploited terribly. People would just use a pair of ULV transformers every some blocks and tin cable to have super long distance 32 eu/t energy transfer. The energy tap, however, would be pretty nice.

It has become a little stubbly. Implement facial hair growth in IC²? Vision continuously grows more furry until you shave. (approx once every 2 minecraft days ;P)

Steve shaves with his chainsaw.
    Check out Factorio- A game where you build a factory from scratch.

• Can you rename the thread name to only "Energy tap"?
    Anyway, as I see it the energy tap would function as when you hold a battery in your hand and charge your tools with it? But of course only when you aim it on a wire connected to some kind of output and only if within range...
    It could be handy but could potentially also create some heavy bugs and could probably lag the E-net. And I won't even begin to guess what a RP2 deployer would do 8|

• ok, i'll make a new thread about the energy tap. (i dont know how to rename a thread) :thumbup: