Enchartment

• Pls re-add the function to Enchart the Drills and Chainsaws D: PLS i luv you <3

this has got to be one of the stupidest things posted since the last rush of "Y U NO UPDATE" posters. kid enchantment was disabled for a reason or more like several reasons here they are
    1. the enchantments never really worked right with electric tools in the first place, the fact that you could enchant electric tools at all was a bug
    2. alblaka is not a fan of the magic stuff notch added
    3. [unbreakable electric tools]+[enchantment buffs]= super OP like make the qsuit look UP kind of OP

also we have a rule here about bringing up old denied suggestions basically we don't want to hear them again unless the post is really well thought out, really well presented, and the poster adds a unique spin on the idea. so if you don't get BANNED for this post then in the future please run a search for the subject you are about to post about to see if it has already been denied.

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• You guys are being unfriendly. Yes, that suggestion has been denied already, but in what way does that justify being mean? A simple "use the search function, this suggestion has been denied, thread closed" would've done the trick.

Also, to add to the discussion: It's possible to enchant electrical tools with inventory editors if you must. I personally like to do that, but on the server I play, enchantments are generally handled very, very differently.

Finally, there's one argument I find invalid. "Alblaka is not fond of magical stuff". He's made a great mod, but why not leave the enchanting question to the player? We have our own play styles and that's good. Minecraft is about what players make from the world, not what the developers want the players to make. In this spirit, I might add that I find the bookshelves-around-enchanting-tables-a-must regulation embarrasing and unneccesary.

As for electrical tools, though, I suggest(ed before? Don't remember) craftable modules to add to the tools. Want "Efficiency V" on your diamond drill? Build a tier 5 drill engine upgrade and see it eating up more EU per mining operation. (Names of upgrade module and enchantment not final)

Instead of just kicking something out, IndustrialCraft usually gives you an own version of it that is beneficial in usage but needs an industrial infrastructure (bronze tools!). Why not with enchantments, too? That way, the whole weapon question would be easily solveable: Give your mining laser a "no terrain damage" upgrade and a scope.

Back to the point, however: It seems to be the style of this forum to yell at people who suggest things with any kind of ever-so-slight mistakes. I really would like to know why that is. You're not going to make people more mature by being immature to a few of them.

• I'm going to miss my enchanted in IC2 v1.43 Efficiency V/Fortune III drill (mind you, by the time I got it, we already had a very high throughput cobblegen/UU matter plant). It's nice never having to charge your drill up or wear a lap-pack.

GENERATION (Pineapple + i): The first pineapple you see, copy it into your sig on any forum and add sqrt(-1) to the generation. Pineapple experiment.

• Official Post

X-Heiko

Also we have a rule here about bringing up old denied suggestions basically we don't want to hear them again unless the post is really well thought out, really well presented, and the poster adds a unique spin on the idea.

Apply the underlined Basicrules to this:

Pls re-add the function to Enchart the Drills and Chainsaws D: PLS i luv you <3

And you understand, why we are all pissed off, and wanting this:

And people with less than 20 posts shouldn't be able to create new topics, otherwise some already denied suggestions and other non-sense may appear.

• X-Heiko

Apply the underlined Basicrules to this:

And you understand, why we are all pissed off, and wanting this:

I see the motivation, but I am sure the execution could be more mature. After all, we're all good guys here, right? ;)
    Also, I don't think the 20 post limit will achieve much more than 20 posts of spam per user who wants to suggest something. Having a suggestion forum means Sturgeon's Law all over the place, but that's how developing an idea works.

For those who wonder: It's "90% of everything is crap."

Minecraft is about what players make from the world, not what the developers want the players to make. In this spirit, I might add that I find the bookshelves-around-enchanting-tables-a-must regulation embarrasing and unneccesary.

Heh, a config line for that would be a reeealy good idea, you know...

You guys are being unfriendly. Yes, that suggestion has been denied already, but in what way does that justify being mean?

There is a stickied forum post about ALL denied ideas for suggestions. Failure to read them proper deserves swift retribution from the community...

Finally, there's one argument I find invalid. "Alblaka is not fond of magical stuff".

It is valid, because that IS his personal opinion on the matter that I asked about first hand. Also, he will not allow a config. option for such a thing due to the level of dis-balance it causes...

I see the motivation, but I am sure the execution could be more mature. After all, we're all good guys here, right?

Wrong...
    /slaughter

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• It is valid, because that IS his personal opinion on the matter that I asked about first hand. Also, he will not allow a config. option for such a thing due to the level of dis-balance it causes...

It is correct, but invalid in my opinion. Deifying Alblaka's idea of balance is not my favorite kind of argument, it means to me as much as "that guy from the forum said it'd be sucky". An argument is an argument, but imbalance is a different question than "Alblaka just doesn't like it". To me, at least.

Deifying Alblaka's idea of balance is not my favorite kind of argument, it means to me as much as "that guy from the forum said it'd be sucky". An argument is an argument, but imbalance is a different question than "Alblaka just doesn't like it". To me, at least.

Alba controls the code.. Alba controls the (IC) universe...

Therefor, the opinion is VERY valid, as HE controls the direction of the mod. If he doesn't like it, it doesn't happen, and that's the way it is...

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

• However true that may be, that doesn't mean I have to agree with every single decision he makes. I can agree with the majority of his decisions and still play the mod. Any game designer is an artist who, sooner or later, has to listen to his audience. A good artist may be one who does their own thing, but after all, I am entitled to say "this or that decision is not artistic", as a consumer.

And all I'm saying is: "just because Alblaka doesn't like it" is not a logical argument - this, of course, is not linked to what's gonna happen and what not. Specifically, I'm saying that it'd fit IC much more if there was an industrial alternative to enchanting, instead of just saying "Al be no like, it be no happen".

• I agree with you, but at the end, if Alblaka don't want to include something, it won't be included ... so ... Add-on ?
    But the effect of an enchant for Unbreaking tool would be OP, even if I would like having it for my nano-sabers/Diamond drill ^^

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• If tool upgraded using some resources , why not?
    Even if inside of code it would be "enchanting".
    You always can balance "pro" part by some "contra". For example faster tool but hungry, or more economic but slow.

• However true that may be, that doesn't mean I have to agree with every single decision he makes. I can agree with the majority of his decisions and still play the mod. Any game designer is an artist who, sooner or later, has to listen to his audience. A good artist may be one who does their own thing, but after all, I am entitled to say "this or that decision is not artistic", as a consumer.

Tell that to Flowerchild then, Goon... Your sense of entitlement is sickening...

And all I'm saying is: "just because Alblaka doesn't like it" is not a logical argument - this, of course, is not linked to what's gonna happen and what not. Specifically, I'm saying that it'd fit IC much more if there was an industrial alternative to enchanting, instead of just saying "Al be no like, it be no happen".

IF he's in the works of the Nanobot Factory, then it's not finished yet and you must be patient. That idea was already requested and semi-accepted by Alba, so it may be in the works. No promises, as I'm sure the IC team has much larger priorities can adding features that they disagree with (but may, in a round-about fashion, allow to have)...

If it's not on the drawing board, then don't expect it to be. Unless you start paying him an actual wage or something, he doesn't have to implement it, period...

• Again, that's not what I'm saying or expecting. I am only and solely stating my opinion. I do not measure my opinion on how much I reap insults on it, but I also reject to measure my opinion on how much a single person agrees with it.

Entitlement? I am entitled to my opinion, and that's all I'm stating. If you think I'm assuming too much of a right to speak here (because I disagree with your master?)... Well, I'm not going to question your sense of democracy, but still: Calling an opinion less valuable than any other based on anything else than its logical value in argumentation, yes, that's dictatorial.

Disagreeing doesn't mean making it personal. I, for one, find it embarrassing that Alblaka's word may not be questioned or doubted. That's not what a mature culture of discussion is like. Again and again, all I'm saying is, that, unless provided with logical argumentation, saying "Alblaka's against it" is merely a reason for things to happen in IC2, but not an argument to justify them.

I've heard enough "it's not gonna happen ur way" arguments and am willing to end this discussion. It leads nowhere.

• Official Post

Again, that's not what I'm saying or expecting. I am only and solely stating my opinion. I do not measure my opinion on how much I reap insults on it, but I also reject to measure my opinion on how much a single person agrees with it.

Insults? I've not seen any insults coming from MagusUnion, you are probably misunderstanding his very logical and obvious Argumenting.

Entitlement? I am entitled to my opinion, and that's all I'm stating. If you think I'm assuming too much of a right to speak here (because I disagree with your master?)... Well, I'm not going to question your sense of democracy, but still: Calling an opinion less valuable than any other based on anything else than its logical value in argumentation, yes, that's dictatorial.

Oh the Irony, you are trying to dictator us, with your nonlogical argumenting.

And Democracy is useless, because if the Devs would do it that Way, then we would never get any new Features, except Lightningrods, MEGA-Nukes, even worse Solar, Quantumchestlapjetpacks and other über-OP and useless Stuff, what only have been suggested by 1st-Posters.

Disagreeing doesn't mean making it personal. I, for one, find it embarrassing that Alblaka's word may not be questioned or doubted. That's not what a mature culture of discussion is like. Again and again, all I'm saying is, that, unless provided with logical argumentation, saying "Alblaka's against it" is merely a reason for things to happen in IC2, but not an argument to justify them.

Doubting Alblaka? Why? He has actually the Control, and we can (and want) do nothing against that. If we wouldnt want him to be the IC²-Dev than someone of us would've decompiled IC², to make a new IC³.

I've heard enough "it's not gonna happen ur way" arguments and am willing to end this discussion. It leads nowhere.

At least you understood it now, after so many Posts.