Iridium Ore

• You said you were going to do a space dimension so I thought it would be cool to have some asteroids and in a rare chance to have iridium ore.
    You could add some more uses for iridium ore like an upgrade to the drill mining laser chainsaw, jetpack and machines.

Sorry if someone already sugested it.

EDIT: Now I know I got it wrong but soo many people gave good ideas that ill post them.

Alblaka you should make meteorites fall really rarely in the minecraft world(rarely like lightning hitting a pig and a creeper at the same time or whatever you desire) and that meteorites should have metals, random ores and in a super rare chance some iridium ore that would need to be processed like some people said by using uumatter in a cell with it and putting it in a nuclear reactor (UUMatter needs to be less than the used to make one piece of iridim by crafting table).
    Hope you like the idea that was given by some of the people that commented.

RicarteElit

• You said you were going to do a space dimension so I thought it would be cool to have some asteroids and in a rare chance to have iridium ore.
    You could add some more uses for iridium ore like an upgrade to the drill mining laser chainsaw, jetpack and machines.

Sorry if someone already sugested it.

RicarteElit

that was a april fools joke but alblaka is making some iridium non-electric tools (pickaxe, ax, shovel, etc...)

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• There's a space mod under development. it has a thread in the wip mods section of the main minecraft forum. It adds several planets and even incorporates the old moon mod.

• But what wanted was a space dimension that had industrialcraft funcionalities not just a normal space dimension.
    Maybe someone could do an expansion pack for that mod like a crossover mod

• Oh ok sorry I thought only the FBI was an aprils fools but I would really like space dimension ;(

there was 4 jokes that day alblaka trolled us hard :D

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• I think this idea of asteroids isn`t to bad it would be a way of including iridium ore into the game.
    But probably one iridium ore per asteroid would be too OP, maybe there would have to be something like iridium chunks or iridium dust or something, that forms into iridium in a special way.

• I think this idea of asteroids isn`t to bad it would be a way of including iridium ore into the game.
    But probably one iridium ore per asteroid would be too OP, maybe there would have to be something like iridium chunks or iridium dust or something, that forms into iridium in a special way.

You didn't read the thread before you commented, did you ಠ_ಠ

• I did ... i don`t get your point, asteroids fall onto our planet sometimes why shouldn`t they fall onto a minecraft world??
    It doesn`t have anything to do with a space dimension of anykind.

• I did ... i don`t get your point, asteroids fall onto our planet sometimes why shouldn`t they fall onto a minecraft world??
    It doesn`t have anything to do with a space dimension of anykind.

So now, instead of a power-eating machine, I can just run around without even MINING and get my Qsuit? No way. -1 :thumbdown:

Ephesians 4:29
    Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up,
    as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear.

• No i mean they would pop from the sky every now and then and u would have to find like 9 meteroids to get 1 iridium ore.

Care to elaborate on "pop from the sky"?

Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up,

• I'm fine with the meteorites, But NOT the iridium ore! Lots of iron would be much better.

• Ok Lets say we are both for meteroids but are of a different oppinion about the iridium, i never said there shouldn`t be other things in the meteroids since they should be rare there could be anything in those meteroids.
    Just the Idea of a meteroid armor is soo cool :-D. Anyways it would be a new enemy opposed to creepers that can destroy your house
    :-D. (btw did anyone notice creepers are the most minecrafty enemys ever since they destroy things u built :-D.)

• Official Post

Meteorites, are having diffrent Metals in them, normally they consist out of only one random Material, so lets make it random.

In the Crater you can find maybe one or two Goldblocks or a few Ironblocks (Yes these 9 Ingotcosting Blocks), and a new rare Iridiumoreblock, which drops only one Iridiumore. Copper, Tin and Diamonds could also be found in them.

• +++BREAKING NEWS+++
    Scientists discovered a swarm of asteroids coming near Mincraftia. Should they be attracted by the gravitation of our planet and not be destoyed by the atmosphere or technology, extreme devastation in the areas of the impact, stronger than the most destructive meltdown of a reactor of the Chernobyl II type, should be expected. Rumors that the asteroids contain iridium are not confirmed.

A few weeks later

+++NEWS+++
    ...57 people were killed in the latest impact.
    Scientists discovered a way to refine the extraminecraftial iridium into a usable form by combining it with artificial matter and exposing it to neutron radiation in a nuclear reactor. The iridium prices are dropping quickly.
    The world record in Creeper Killing was broken by...

Summary: If asteroid impacts get added and if asteroids contain iridium, impacts should cause explosions that are larger that the explosions of six-chamber-reactors filled with uranium cells, but there should be a way to destroy asteroids before impact. Rarely you can find unpure iridium in a crater. If you combine it with some UUM and put it in a cell (Maybe 4 UUM, a piece of unpure iridium and a cell) you can "breed" it in a reactor to get an iridium cell which can be used instead of iridium ore.

The forum won't let me specify my gender accurately, so I'll just use my signature to say that I go by they/them pronouns.