[Suggestion] the creation of responsive sensors

• I apologize for my English. I hope you to understand me (I'm from Russia).

I propose to create a sensor that will respond and turn on in a particular area to change. The sensor will respond like a red torch.
    For example, you can create a light sensor. When in a particular area will be light, the sensor turns on. When the light will not turn off the sensor.
    Ligt = true; no ligt = false.
    Still, you can create a sensor that will respond to the destruction of the blocks in a certain area. If the area of the sensor unit is destroyed (including you), the sensor turns on. I think it is possible to remove the griefers, if the sensor is connected to a Tesla coil.
    It is possible to create more many different sensors (Sensor of detection of monsters, Sensor of detection of players).
    Creation should be expensive that them didn't use too often.

The mod can be created without Industrial Craft 2. But here it will approach better (it is possible to make realistic creation with use of chips).

• or you can just use redpower. not that this is a bad idea its just that you'll be waiting a while for the devs to implement it. so installing an extra mod would be much faster.

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• or you can just use redpower. not that this is a bad idea its just that you'll be waiting a while for the devs to implement it. so installing an extra mod would be much faster.

RedPower has only light sensor (as far as I know). And I have never liked RedPower.
    If to make the sensor which will react to destruction of blocks, it is possible to forget about grifer without use of plugins.

• then use computercraft and program a turtle to run a patrol and check for empty spaces in you walls

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.

• then use computercraft and program a turtle to run a patrol and check for empty spaces in you walls

ComputerCraft too difficult for me and it long to study. And (as far as I heard) am a way to break the server by means of this mod.

• you can break servers with any mod its called just use lots of vanilla TNT

• Overall opinion, kinda cool but not needed. And c'mon man, u jus gota luv redpower!!!
    Its my second favorite mod, next to ic2!

Ephesians 4:29
    Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up,
    as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear.

• @greg: you may be able to make that, but can you make it hidden? Also, can you think of a way to detect the presence of mobs and players without mining the area with pressure plates?
    I think what we need is some way to detect block breaking, players, and mobs WHILE STAYING HIDDEN.
    Personally, I just use a tesla to detect the pressense of players, but others may want a less violent option. :D

Ephesians 4:29
    Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up,
    as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear.

• Official Post

@greg: you may be able to make that, but can you make it hidden? Also, can you think of a way to detect the presence of mobs and players without mining the area with pressure plates?
    I think what we need is some way to detect block breaking, players, and mobs WHILE STAYING HIDDEN.
    Personally, I just use a tesla to detect the pressense of players, but others may want a less violent option. :D

Yes i can hide vanilla BUD-Switches and vanilla Grieferdetectorwalls, especially with Redpower, which makes all a lot easier. Its very easy, and if you know how, then its obvious.

• Well, if the sensor could dected life forms without the trouble of place a lot of presure plates and its wiring, ok.