New Ore: Plutonium

• One day, I had a dream of finding some Plutonium (It was obviously a minecraft dream). That's when I got the idea of a suggestion for Plutonium Ore. It generates in a similar way that Uranium Ore does, only that it is slightly rarer and can only ever be found below sea level. When mined, (can be mined with the same tools Uranium can be) it will drop Plutonium. This can be used to make Plutonium Cells, which are basically Uranium Cells but much more powerful. Unlike Uranium Cells, Plutonium Cells can not be re-enriched and will dissappear once used up. As they are more powerful, you will have to monitor your Nuclear Reactor more often so that it doesn't overheat. It's crafting recipe is the same as Uranium Cells, accept using Plutonium instead of Uranium.

Hope you like my idea! ;)

• Official Post

what silver? Do you mean iridium?

Silveruses (because Redpower has way too much of it), were suggested before (also partially by me) and ignored to the fact that there is no Silverore in IC², and Silverore was denied due to the lack of new uses for Silver, and uses for Silver got ignored, due to the fact that there is no Silverore in... (guess how it ends)

The Point of that infinite Loop is, that the addition of Plutonium would have only two purposes (Nuclearreactor and Nukes), what is way too less for an Addition of a new Ore.

• The uses for silver were denied because there was nothing it could offer that isn't already in the game.

• Doesn`t it make sense to make machine crafting even more complicated??
    I find machinecrafting too easy, i think there should be more items like circuits and machines and such, u could use silver for this purpose.

• Plutonium is (Mostly) mad-made, and is a result of nuclear fission, usually from nuclear fission generators that turn uranium into plutonium. Yes, there are trace amounts in nature, but they are so small a 1x1x1 meter block is too much if it is to be generated with any chance of obtaining some. Also, plutonium that is used in nuclear reactors is not stable enough to be found naturally. Finally, this suggestion has already been denied and you have less than twenty posts *cough* SpwnX *cough*. Sorry, but no. (And yes, I apologize for being Mr. Realist here with that wall of text.)

Haikus are poems

They don't always make sense

Potato

• Plutonium is (Mostly) mad-made, and is a result of nuclear fission, usually from nuclear fission generators that turn uranium into plutonium. Yes, there are trace amounts in nature, but they are so small a 1x1x1 meter block is too much if it is to be generated with any chance of obtaining some. Also, plutonium that is used in nuclear reactors is not stable enough to be found naturally.

Granted, but I'd personally like to see this as a 'reward' for aggressive nuclear refinement of materials during the breeding chance. Maybe increase EU output at the cost of much more violent temperature increase for it's usage (thus requiring much more coolant to use said Pu reactor designs...)

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• As far as using plutonium for nukes as I read somewhere in this thread it's not as reliable to -want- to use it for a nuclear device.

Friend of mine and I Were discussing bombs and such and apparantly I hought hollywood got something right when they got it wrong when I mentioned nukes use a core of plutonium.

They can, but the properties of it make for a relatively unstable device without very sophisticated designs.

That being said here is a use for it.

Plutonium was used as thermal device to generate electricity for several spacecraft in history. Could do something along that, reactor heating elements anyone? No more having to use up precious U-238 ticks in an inefficient reactor setup just to breed. No more lava buckets pushing the heat right into the hull and having to risk blowin it up before your components can take the heat.

Or with possible spacecraft expansion to power the nav computer and such.

it's early morning, dont expect this all to make sense. =3