[Suggestion]Aluminum ore

• I know this has been suggested before but I just wanted to suggest it again but make it a bit different. Aluminum ore would be found higher than tin and lower than copper. It would be used to replace refined iron in the production of wind mills. It could also be used to make wires that can handle medium voltage and lose about .5 EU per block. It can also replace replace refined iron when making electronic circuits. So do you think Aluminum could work in IC2?

• none of what you have said is different from past new ore suggestions if you want to resurrect a denied suggestion you need these things and even then its a long shot depending on peoples moods
    1. it must be well thought out, you must have all the hard numbers and balance stuff worked out in a way that is detailed and makes sense.
    2. it must be well presented, the best presentation is a proof of concept addon, but videos, pictures, and concept models have been well received in the past.
    3. it must have a unique spin, you must have truly worked your noodle and came up with something cool we never thought of.

these are not set in stone nor are they offical rules but they are your best bet for not getting flamed out by every one saying
    "DENIED ALREADY!!11!!!1 N00BS SHOULDN'T BE ABLE TO START NEW THREADS!11!!! :cursing::cursing::cursing::Nuke TNT: "

also on the flip side don't make it to long cause then every one will say "tl;dr DENIED ALREADY!!11!!!1 N00BS SHOULDN'T BE ABLE TO START NEW THREADS!11!!! :cursing::cursing::cursing::Nuke TNT: "

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• Oh sorry for wasting your time then

i hope i didn't come off as rude i was just trying to offer advice so you don't get genuinely rude responses from the other members

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.

• Again, again and again.

so how do you plan to solve the "n00bs spamming 20 generic posts so they can suggest a lightning rod" problem if you ask me a simple 2 week delay/probation period will get results with out making new problems

• Hey, thats much better. But how do you solve Noobs, who are just waiting 2 weeks?

i'll admit its not as effective but like i said we won't get generic spam like "good job","i like it","it looks great","+1" just so the n00b can post thier denied suggestion as quickly as possible. with a 2 week delay we will hopefully get 1 of 3 results
    1. over the 2 weeks they over think their idea and get bored of it so they never wind up posting it or coming back
    2. over the 2 weeks they get involved and learn our social norms and customs and as a result rethink the reason they registered
    3. while they wait they forget their password and have to start over :D

worst case scenario they get angry about having to wait and as a result try to hijack existing threads but such aggressiveness will be very obvious and the noobs who try this won't last long under the flames we would cast upon them as a result :D

• Official Post

worst case scenario they get angry about having to wait and as a result try to hijack existing threads but such aggressiveness will be very obvious and the noobs who try this won't last long under the flames we would cast upon them as a result :D

Hijacking a Thread because of that new behaviour, must be a new banreason for these Noobs, so that we can impale them on a Lightningrod for our Dragonlord.

• You took that the wrong way I wasn't being sarcastic. Sorry for sounding like an ass.

thanks for letting me know that i didn't scar you for life :D

thanks for letting me know that i didn't scar you for life :D

Now that's an insult right there... lol

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• Aluminum weres easly IRL - So using it in windmills is an awfull idear (Might aswell keep things reletivly realistic, Well the simpler stuff anyway) and thats the only use you could think of? Why would we want a new ore for only 1 use (Or maby 3 or 4 tiny uses)