[Suggestion] New Furnace

• Official Post

The self policing policy is a self proclaimed "asshole" that brags about waiting for his next victim in his profile? FenixR is a troll. How does Posting rude and insulting comments on almost every thread created on the forum help anything?

I understand not everyone is going to like all suggestions but we don't need to be rude insulting and childish when we respond to ideas we don't like.

That has nothing to do with disliking the Suggestion, its just plain logic, or do you see People IRL who power their Ovens directly with the heat of a Mark III Nuclearreactor, which is in their kitchen?

Oh and i fixed your Quote from passinglurker.

• The self policing policy is a self proclaimed "asshole" that brags about waiting for his next victim in his profile? FenixR is a troll. How does Posting rude and insulting comments on almost every thread created on the forum help anything?

I've seen real trolls and fenixr isn't one of them. a troll is manipulative, deceptive, and once they find a button to push they turn abusive. they will stoke the fire and keep the emotionally charged discussion running for as long as possible to feed their desire for attention. fenixr on the other hand while rude is also direct, blunt, and honest about what he thinks, and goes for the heart of the issue to end it quickly.

I understand not everyone is going to like all suggestions but we don't need to be rude insulting and childish when we respond to ideas we don't like.

every one escalates their opposition when some one stands by their idea despite the flaws pointed out, its only natural. so if you can't take the heat then get out of the kitchen.

P.S. 1000th post :Dhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pToHAd2Ns2U

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• That has nothing to do with disliking the Suggestion, its just plain logic, or do you see People IRL who power their Ovens directly with the heat of a Mark III Nuclearreactor, which is in their kitchen?

Oh and i fixed your Quote from passinglurker.

I don't really agree with the suggestion either but the logic of it does make sense:
    IRL I don't have an induction furnace in my kitchen, but if did and I also had a nuclear reactor in there which generated some excess heat it makes sense that the induction furnace could utilize the heat from the reactor to maintain it's heat level.

Again I really don't think this is a great suggestion, but at the same time I don't think every new member that posts an unpopular idea needs bashed like this.

• I don't really agree with the suggestion either but the logic of it does make sense:
    IRL I don't have an induction furnace in my kitchen, but if did and I also had a nuclear reactor in there which generated some excess heat it makes sense that the induction furnace could utilize the heat from the reactor to maintain it's heat level.

Again I really don't think this is a great suggestion, but at the same time I don't think every new member that posts an unpopular idea needs bashed like this.

you would have better luck selling the idea of induction furnaces submerged in lava to maintain their heat level.

I normally tell every one to back off on the n00b bashing when the memes start flying but we are all human and are subject to inconsistent behavior. getting the grumpy end of the stick is part of the risk a noob takes when they introduce themselves to a new community

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.

• I think the heat you can cool with the water sources surrounding the reactor could be used:
    Simply, create a block wich could Cool by itself, and use this heat to generate even more EU (It would also need a "Heat Generator", wich could be a new one, the basic one, or the GeoGen)/running furnace.

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

It would draw and reduce the reactor's heat, and provides a faster furnace

Why do you need a furnace even faster then induction one?
    Why not an insta-smelt one then?

• Idea:

Allow Uranium cells to be shoved in a induction furnace for fuel...:|

I'm kinda getting sick of people not realizing that bashing is not the solution (You want to know why PM me this isn't the place)

"A modern tank can speed at 60 mph while shooting a target with pinpoint accuracy from 5 miles away." Civ-5

• Official Post

Why do you need a furnace even faster then induction one?
    Why not an insta-smelt one then?

That is already possible. Get a Electric furnace (not induction), place 13 OverClockers inside, and cook 64 items in 64 ticks (2,2 seconds)
    Bad that it is very energy expensive. (about 1400 EU per operation).

• I like the idea of some kind of external/block heat disperser...

But the idea of having my furnace using a mark IV just for smelting dust/food/whateversmeltsinafewseconds, is just 50% dangerous and 50% dumb and 15%derp.

And FenixR is higly huggable.

• I personally, agree with Fenix on most things. Also, look at his post count. He is one of the five people (Two of which are devs) with a over 1000 post count. Also, he is not a troll, because if you just use his criticism as constructive, you will find it is super helpful. Anyway, about the actual topic, it sucks. All of it. Period. It's a dumb, and redundant idea

Haikus are poems

They don't always make sense

Potato

• Induction furnaces are already overkill on speed, yield, and energy efficiency, there is no reason for a higher tier furnace. Frankly I'm suprised there is an Induction Furnace considering how good it is, most things that good get "balanced", i.e., nerfed. Well, judging by the reactions on the suggestions forums anyway.

Key point in making a good suggestion: it must not be redundant. My first suggestion was a molten electrolyzer that turned cobblestone into metals, but then I realized (after being flamed worse than in a medic vs pyro match in TF2) that it's completely redundant with recyclers, scrapboxes, and mass fabrication.

• My first suggestion was a molten electrolyzer that turned cobblestone into metals, but then I realized (after being flamed worse than in a medic vs pyro match in TF2) that it's completely redundant with recyclers, scrapboxes, and mass fabrication.

I've said it before and i'll say it again
    lava -> metal GOOD
    cobble -> metal BAD

• If you want my opinion, just read spawnx, alec, and nanomanz. They just about sum it all up.
    Also, on a different note, has no one realized what the radiation could do to you food!?
    Yeah, that's what I want for dinner, RADIOACTIVE BEEF!!!!OH YEAH!!!
    (Do not confuse this last part with agreement, this idea definately deserves a facepalm!!)

Ephesians 4:29
    Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up,
    as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear.

• I personally, agree with Fenix on most things. Also, look at his post count. He is one of the five people (Two of which are devs) with a over 1000 post count. Also, he is not a troll, because if you just use his criticism as constructive, you will find it is super helpful. Anyway, about the actual topic, it sucks. All of it. Period. It's a dumb, and redundant idea

i guess posting your opinion on almost every thread created on the forum makes you an expert :rolleyes:

• If you want my opinion, just read spawnx, alec, and nanomanz. They just about sum it all up.
    Also, on a different note, has no one realized what the radiation could do to you food!?
    Yeah, that's what I want for dinner, RADIOACTIVE BEEF!!!!OH YEAH!!!
    (Do not confuse this last part with agreement, this idea definately deserves a facepalm!!)

YES! I have been recognized. And, if you want to know why your idea sucks, do as he says.

i guess posting your opinion on almost every thread created on the forum makes you an expert :rolleyes:

That it does. I swear, he like spam refreshes the suggestion forum CONSTANTLY in hopes of finding more food.

Haikus are poems

They don't always make sense

Potato