[Suggestion] New Furnace

• I think a new use for uranium would be good, so my idea is something like a "Uranium Furnace" or a "Nuclear Cooker". It should be faster than a Induction furnace and i think one refined uranium ingot :Uranium Ingot: should cook idk about 50 items? So thats my suggestion. :thumbup:

Oh and that could be a crafting recipe:

:Intergrated Plating: :Intergrated Heat Dispenser: :Intergrated Plating:
    :Intergrated Plating: :Reactor: :Intergrated Plating:
    :Intergrated Plating: :Advanced Machine: :Intergrated Plating:

• I think a new use for uranium would be good, so my idea is something like a "Uranium Furnace" or a "Nuclear Cooker". It should be faster than a Induction furnace and i think one refined uranium ingot :Uranium Ingot: should cook idk about 50 items? So thats my suggestion. :thumbup:

Oh and that could be a crafting recipe:

:Intergrated Plating: :Intergrated Heat Dispenser: :Intergrated Plating:
    :Intergrated Plating: :Reactor: :Intergrated Plating:
    :Intergrated Plating: :Advanced Machine: :Intergrated Plating:

Must... Resist... Urge... To... Kill...

Sadly for you, this one doesn't receive the prize for the "Dumbest" Idea of the year but its pretty close.

Now please stop trying (all of you), you will never win that prize... never...

• Do you want that poor Steve dies from radiation poisoning? Are you mad? Just 50 items for a refined uranium bar? I don't even...
    You haven't thought about your idea at all(I hope). With the energy from one refined uranium in the simplest possible reactor you can cook 100 times more in a regular and almost 200 times more items in an induction furnace. I know which way I would choose for smelting stuff.

• ^ Exactly this.

That sentence might just throw more oil on the fire..

Buildcraft – spilling items.™

• i've had suggestions shot down in the past on the grounds that there are enough furnaces in ic2 already i don't see why this should be treated any differently

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• Umm... I kinda like it actually. Seriously. It's an interesting concept, having a nuclear furnace. For those of us who don't use more than one reactor, and have stockpiles, it would be kinda neat to put to use the extra uranium. Now, 50 items sounds like an off-the-old-top-of-the-head idea, but that fact can be tweaked. Say what you want, but I like it.

I5 2500K | 4GB Cosair Vengence | Radeon 6850 | Rosewill 600w PSU | GigaByte Z68MA | CM Elite 311 | Dell 19" 720p (upgrading soon!)| Hitachi 500 GB 7200 HDD | LG 24X |Windows 7 (Genuine!)
    Alblaka in a Lightning Rod suggestion thread...[/size]

• Umm... I kinda like it actually. Seriously. It's an interesting concept, having a nuclear furnace. For those of us who don't use more than one reactor, and have stockpiles, it would be kinda neat to put to use the extra uranium. Now, 50 items sounds like an off-the-old-top-of-the-head idea, but that fact can be tweaked. Say what you want, but I like it.

I don't. Electric/Inducion Furnace + Simple Nuclear gen design (0 Risk of explotion 1 or 2 Efficiency) = Lots of energy for Lots of smelting.

Just because you are lazy to do the above doesn't mean the devs should make it easier for you.

• I don't. Electric/Inducion Furnace + Simple Nuclear gen design (0 Risk of explotion 1 or 2 Efficiency) = Lots of energy for Lots of smelting.

Just because you are lazy to do the above doesn't mean the devs should make it easier for you.

I'm not saying I'm lazy, obviously there should be a bit of loss in terms of efficiency. I'm just saying it would be neat to have a furnace like this.

I5 2500K | 4GB Cosair Vengence | Radeon 6850 | Rosewill 600w PSU | GigaByte Z68MA | CM Elite 311 | Dell 19" 720p (upgrading soon!)| Hitachi 500 GB 7200 HDD | LG 24X |Windows 7 (Genuine!)

• What if it used reactor heat to cook items?

Quote from Shadowrockus

I deny that biospheres are redundant. They are amazing. It keeps a crisp environment, and besides, you can't beat them. So don't resent them.

I made textures for the transformers mod.

• Why would you do that if the Reactor Already produces energy so you can make your furnace work!

Seriously people, Get a brain! a working one!

I have one, a very good one at that! You know what, scratch this entire block, and allow the induction furnace to heat up next to a reactor. It would draw and reduce the reactor's heat, and provides a faster furnace. And it won't get power from said reactor. It'd be a slightly better coolant than water, but you shouldn't rely on them.

Quote from Shadowrockus

I deny that biospheres are redundant. They are amazing. It keeps a crisp environment, and besides, you can't beat them. So don't resent them.

• I have one, a very good one at that! You know what, scratch this entire block, and allow the induction furnace to heat up next to a reactor.

With your comments, i seriously doubt you have a really good one. You don't even seem to get the point of this post.

• With your comments, i seriously doubt you have a really good one. You don't even seem to get the point of this post.

I doubt you even get my message, the topic has a terrible idea, and I'm trying to improve it. And besides, why add an IC2 machine that doesn't use EU?

Quote from Shadowrockus

• Induction furnace heating up next to, and absorbing heat from a reactor is a good idea! Here's one thing that needs heat and another with excess heat, it's a no brainier!

FenixR is an idiot, it's not his mod or his forum but you'll see he acts like it is and is extremely rude to everyone especially people with good ideas! I've never participated in a forum with so many openly rude and for no reason mean to new people with good ideas, maybe he's butt hurt he didn't think of it or he thinks his opinion is the only one that matters, either way if I were you and you suggest a good idea like this one, ignore the trolls, nothing seems to upset them more than a good idea!

• Induction furnace heating up next to, and absorbing heat from a reactor is a good idea! Here's one thing that needs heat and another with excess heat, it's a no brainier!

FenixR is an idiot, it's not his mod or his forum but you'll see he acts like it is and is extremely rude to everyone especially people with good ideas! I've never participated in a forum with so many openly rude and for no reason mean to new people with good ideas, maybe he's butt hurt he didn't think of it or he thinks his opinion is the only one that matters, either way if I were you and you suggest a good idea like this one, ignore the trolls, nothing seems to upset them more than a good idea!

its not a good idea and you are stooping below fenixR's level. reactors that emit enough heat to affect nearby machinery are usually the kind that should be heavily shielded I would prefer not to encourage any nuke using neighbors i may have to compromise their reactor shielding so they can have a slightly more efficient furnace.

p.s. I've said it before(during the last "Y U NO UPDATE?" rush). FenixR is part of our self policing system if you are not mature enough or emotionally stable enough to handle what he dishes out then you should leave

We don't try to "improve" bad ideas, we let them rot in the floor where they belong.

I prefer to talk some ideas to the best they can be to show that they will never work(they stay dead longer as a result). its like if outright denying a idea is leaving it on the floor to rot then finding the best way to do it and finding that it still won't work is like throwing the idea off a skyscraper, jumping off after it, and then paldrivering it in to a busy street during a cement truck parade :D

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• Official Post

I give also a prize to the dumbest behaviour here. It's a Facepalm, which will be visible in more than 1329 Posts in the Forum and links to its reason via my Signature.

A Nuclearreactor as Inductionfurnaceupgrade? Are you stupid? Anything that produces enough heat to make this is too massive shielded to even place an Indutionfurnace next to it, and Smelting is something that you could make with 3 Solarpanels (Or much better two automanned Watermills) and an Inductionfurnace, so why using a highly risky NUCLEAR REACTOR for that?

• Fenix, I realize that I could just hook it up to my eu system, and use that uranium in a reactor to run the furnace. But there comes a point when you don't need anymore energy, and building more reactors is a pain (at least for me). My stockpile of uranium never seems to go down, and I have no need for more energy. Besides, having the same old eu furnace is boring. *Sigh* Whatever. I think it would be nice. But that's my opinion, which I am entitled to.

• p.s. I've said it before(during the last "Y U NO UPDATE?" rush). FenixR is part of our self policing system if you are not mature enough or emotionally stable enough to handle what he dishes out then you should leave

The self policing policy is a self proclaimed "asshole" that brags about waiting for his next victim in his profile? FenixR is a troll. How does Posting rude and insulting comments on almost every thread created on the forum help anything?

I understand not everyone is going to like all suggestions but we don't need to be rude insulting and childish when we respond to ideas we don't like.