[Suggestion] Radioisotope thermoelectric Battery

• how about a single use battery recipe that uses uranium? it makes single use batteries less useless and appeases the users that refuse to build a reactor and as a result insist an alternative use for uranium be added.

It should be like a regular battery but once it hits 0 it dissapears (Because of the amount of energy it has), should have an efficiency of 0.3-0.6 so people are more encouraged to use the nuclear reactor instead.

• using the work sucks more that once per sentence doesn't help the counter argument. a better one would be "use a batpack in the battery slot"

Yes, but I was trying to get my point across. Anyway, as he said, you could just use a LapPack in the Battery spot... It doesn't even take an inventory space.

Haikus are poems

They don't always make sense

Potato

• I like the idea of Nuclear batterys per se. The issue is, why would you want to use your Uranium on a battery, if you can use it in a well-setup reactor, given, for balance reasons, the battery would need to be MUCH more inefficient then a simple reactor.

The nuclear battery is much easier to move with the miner setup, I setup and break down and move my miner setup over and over and do other things while it mines. I would rather use the nuclear battery instead of enabling the lapatron in miner. I also think it makes sense to build and use the nuclear battery to obtain the materials for a full blown reactor, and then use the reactor to power a mfsu/lapatron setup (use the miner to get all those diamonds). Maybe I'm not using the miner everyone else.

• It should be like a regular battery but once it hits 0 it dissapears (Because of the amount of energy it has), should have an efficiency of 0.3-0.6 so people are more encouraged to use the nuclear reactor instead.

This shouldn't be disposable, you should reload it with a uranium cell, check out the wiki link

I think you're missing point, how are you running a miner all over the map with a reactor? Are you using a lapatron or setting up and moving a reactor?

• Yes, but I was trying to get my point across. Anyway, as he said, you could just use a LapPack in the Battery spot... It doesn't even take an inventory space.

Is the wiki page incorrect? I know you need to enable lapatron in miner in the config file, I don't think the lappack works in it
    From the miner wiki page:
    Energy: From a cable or portable sources (NOT including Batpacks or Tier II or Tier III energy devices.)

• My energy crystal works, and so does my LapPack. Brb, checking stuff. EDIT: BatPack and batteries work, but not energy crystals and LapPacks. Tested in 1.95b

Haikus are poems

Potato

BatPack and batteries work, but not energy crystals and LapPacks. Tested in 1.95b

Can't you just enable them using config file?

• Can't you just enable them using config file?

Yeah, but to most of us, (Me included) it feels like cheating. I could also make solar give 1kk EU/t, but it is kinda cheating. Also, if you are playing SMP, it doesn't care about your config, just the server's.

Haikus are poems

Potato

Yeah, but to most of us, (Me included) it feels like cheating.

Its not till you just enable some feature.
    Ofc, making a solar panel giving 1kk EU is cheating, but why just enabling/disabling a feature is cheating?
    Making miner mining RP2 ores is cheating too then.

• Its not till you just enable some feature.
    Ofc, making a solar panel giving 1kk EU is cheating, but why just enabling/disabling a feature is cheating?
    Making miner mining RP2 ores is cheating too then.

However, adding RP2 ores is just letting the miner know what is "Valuable" and what isn't. However, adding Laptron crystals devalue sthe miner's cost, making it cheaper and easier to use. (However, it needs a buff anyway before I use it)

Haikus are poems

Potato

• Official Post

However, adding RP2 ores is just letting the miner know what is "Valuable" and what isn't. However, adding Laptron crystals devalue sthe miner's cost, making it cheaper and easier to use. (However, it needs a buff anyway before I use it)

Uhhm, you know, that you dont have to edit the List to get the Redpower-Ores, because of the Oredictionary?

• Nikolite, tugnsten, the gems and i don't remember what else isn't in the ore dictionary, ergo you must add it to the config list.

Yeah, the RP2 ores don't work with the Miner (by default). It sucks, but it's true.

Haikus are poems

Potato

• Yeah, the RP2 ores don't work with the Miner (by default). It sucks, but it's true.

You don't really have to add them resource wise in my opinion, as tungsten is completely useless right now and I don't need that much nikolite nor gems(for decorations) even as I do use RP quite a lot.
    I wouldn't use the battery even if it was implemented if the e-net with frames is fixed in the next version(casuc and blutricity powered spaceship anyone?).

• Official Post

Nikolite, tugnsten, the gems and i don't remember what else isn't in the ore dictionary, ergo you must add it to the config list.

Here the function, which defines VALUABLE ORES (needed 20 mins to find that), and the Codetag of the Forum is not working properly.

public void registerOre(String var1, ItemStack var2)
    {
    if (var1.equals("dyeBlue"))
    {
    registerBlueDyeCraftingRecipes(var2);
    }
    else if (var1.equals("ingotBronze"))
    {
    registerBronzeIngotCraftingRecipes(var2);
    }
    else if (var1.equals("ingotCopper"))
    {
    registerCopperIngotCraftingRecipes(var2);
    Ic2Recipes.addMaceratorRecipe(var2, Ic2Items.copperDust);
    }
    else if (var1.equals("ingotRefinedIron"))
    {
    registerRefinedIronCraftingRecipes(var2);
    Ic2Recipes.addMaceratorRecipe(var2, Ic2Items.ironDust);
    }
    else if (var1.equals("ingotSilver"))
    {
    registerSilverIngotCraftingRecipes(var2);
    Ic2Recipes.addMaceratorRecipe(var2, Ic2Items.silverDust);

if (!silverDustSmeltingRegistered)
    {
    FurnaceRecipes var3 = FurnaceRecipes.smelting();
    var3.addSmelting(Ic2Items.silverDust.itemID, Ic2Items.silverDust.getItemDamage(), var2);
    silverDustSmeltingRegistered = true;
    }
    }
    else if (var1.equals("ingotTin"))
    {
    registerTinIngotCraftingRecipes(var2);
    Ic2Recipes.addMaceratorRecipe(var2, Ic2Items.tinDust);
    }
    else if (var1.equals("ingotUranium"))
    {
    registerUraniumIngotCraftingRecipes(var2);
    }
    else if (var1.equals("itemDropUranium"))
    {
    Ic2Recipes.addCompressorRecipe(var2, Ic2Items.uraniumIngot);
    }
    else if (var1.equals("oreCopper"))
    {
    Ic2Recipes.addMaceratorRecipe(var2, StackUtil.copyWithSize(Ic2Items.copperDust, 2));
    addValuableOre(var2.itemID, var2.getItemDamage(), 2);
    }
    else if (!var1.equals("oreGemRuby") && !var1.equals("oreGemEmerald") && !var1.equals("oreGemSapphire"))
    {
    if (var1.equals("oreSilver"))
    {
    Ic2Recipes.addMaceratorRecipe(var2, StackUtil.copyWithSize(Ic2Items.silverDust, 2));
    addValuableOre(var2.itemID, var2.getItemDamage(), 3);
    }
    else if (var1.equals("oreTin"))
    {
    Ic2Recipes.addMaceratorRecipe(var2, StackUtil.copyWithSize(Ic2Items.tinDust, 2));
    addValuableOre(var2.itemID, var2.getItemDamage(), 2);
    }
    else if (var1.equals("oreUranium"))
    {
    Ic2Recipes.addCompressorRecipe(var2, Ic2Items.uraniumIngot);
    addValuableOre(var2.itemID, var2.getItemDamage(), 4);
    }
    else if (var1.equals("oreTungsten"))
    {
    addValuableOre(var2.itemID, var2.getItemDamage(), 5);
    }
    else if (var1.equals("woodRubber"))
    {
    Ic2Recipes.addExtractorRecipe(var2, Ic2Items.rubber);
    }
    else if (var1.startsWith("ore"))
    {
    addValuableOre(var2.itemID, var2.getItemDamage(), 1);
    }
    }
    else
    {
    addValuableOre(var2.itemID, var2.getItemDamage(), 4);
    }
    }

WHAT DID YOU SAY, FenixR?

OK its not in the Dictionary, but in the IC²-Sourcecode and the useless Nikolite is not included, so i'm partially right, FUCK YEAH!
    I generally thought you shut up, if you don't know it completely, like explained in your Signature.

• Oh... So it mines gems, but not Nikolite? Crap, I tested it with Nikolite only...

Haikus are poems

Potato