[Suggestion] Conservation of energy in storage blocks.

• It always bugged me that when you break storage blocks (Batbox, MFE, MFSU) any stored energy just *Poof* Disappears.

My suggestion, make storage blocks maintain there energy level, when you break a storage block that has power still in it, it should drop a block with a damage value similar to the way that battery's store there energy.

I'm not sure if this is possible without base file modification but some input would be nice.

As a second thought, would this be too over powered? would this unbalance and Nerf battery's too much?

Alblaka says:

"People using their intellect in attempts to discuss other people into the ground could be considered less intellectual then people using their intellect for something beneficial :3"

• This would be cool. It could work the same way Booze Barrels do, unless the fact that you lose all your energy is an intended drawback of them. Anyway, thanks for presenting this in a nice, easily understandable way. It's a good idea, and I wouldn't be against it. +1

Haikus are poems

They don't always make sense

Potato

• This is a good idea but... This will make storage blocks unstackable. Like Batteries/Crystals/Lapotrons. As it would need NBT Tags.

I still don't know if NBT-Tags can be used on blocks, due to them becoming some sort of entity upon placing. With that said i don't really know if what the OP wants its actually possible.

• This is a good idea but... This will make storage blocks unstackable. Like Batteries/Crystals/Lapotrons. As it would need NBT Tags.

actually the intent was temporary unstacable, if the storage block was empty it would drop a stackable version of itself, again, similar to battery's.

Alblaka says:

"People using their intellect in attempts to discuss other people into the ground could be considered less intellectual then people using their intellect for something beneficial :3"

• THIS!

it's an oppinion, and just cause its your oppinion doesn't mean it shouldn't be discussed, thanks for the input though.

Alblaka says:

• Official Post

I still don't know if NBT-Tags can be used on blocks, due to them becoming some sort of entity upon placing. With that said i don't really know if what the OP wants its actually possible.

It's possible, I think, though it would need some non-trivial changes and some testing.
    However, as already brought up, it would entirely nullify the use of portable energy storages. Why to use a battery if you can carry 10kk in an MFSU?
    Ntm it would enforce said blocks being unstackable, which again would make building large arrays, f.e. those including batboxes, MUCH more tedious.

I could probably code the Storage blocks to create an electrically charged explosion if you dismantle them with energy inside, but I doubt that's what you want, either :3

• I WANT THAT NOW!!!!!!

Me too, that would be funny, as for Nuclear Reactor. Or maybe it could only explode when the dismantling fail (for example without lossless mode or without Wrench at all).

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

I could probably code the Storage blocks to create an electrically charged explosion if you dismantle them with energy inside, but I doubt that's what you want, either :3

Actually... I'd like that too.. teach players that it's NOT a good idea to go ahead and feed tons of energy into one place, when you know you have to move it later..

Hell, there's a charging bench addon for a reason... use it if you have to rotate power around like that all the time...

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• Actually... I'd like that too.. teach players that it's NOT a good idea to go ahead and feed tons of energy into one place, when you know you have to move it later..

Hell, there's a charging bench addon for a reason... use it if you have to rotate power around like that all the time...

I support! :thumbup:

1. OMG CREEPER RUN AWAY!
    2. Go away, you creeper wierdo!
    3. What ever, I'll just go around.
    4. Hup, over their heads I go!
    5. Okay Mister living grenade, I'm going to knock you into those skeletons, and I'll follow through with a nano saber. Understood? FOR THE ALMIGHTLY DRAGON LORD!