Lava cell machine

• I have a mass fabricator and it is hooked up to about 16 geothermal generators and its a pain getting all the lava for that(I use lava cells). Is there a way to make a machine that will harvest lava from the nether and then put it into cells. I am running tekkit so i do have some storage containers with lava in them but i can only take them out one bucket at a time

• Ewwww tekkit, i should not post this but whatever i do not want to be seen as a spammer.

Lava in the nether can only be extracted while you are in the nether, when you leave the nether any machine in there will stop working (The same happens with overworld machines, while you are in the nether they don't work), this only applies in SSP, in SMP nether machines will work if someone is in the nether and someone else is in the overworld overseeing the operation of the machines there.

and once again...

edit:oh and i believe this is the wrong section for this.

• I have a mass fabricator and it is hooked up to about 16 geothermal generators and its a pain getting all the lava for that(I use lava cells). Is there a way to make a machine that will harvest lava from the nether and then put it into cells. I am running tekkit so i do have some storage containers with lava in them but i can only take them out one bucket at a time

Go onto the IC2 wiki, and look up "Pump". And read the full page. Chop chop!
    (And try pumping the cells into an ender chest, if the tekkit pack has those)

• another vote for "Eww.. tekkit" (by using tekkit you support the theft of mods, they still don't have permission to use everything)

anyway, it's pretty easy with buildcraft and redpower: deployer against the tank to get a bucket, from there you move the bucket into a auto-crafting table.
    it's downright trivial with forestry using the bottler to stick lava in cans (obviously piped into the bottler from a BC pump) but you'll have to drop tekkit and do the mod installs yourself to use that one. (that being one of the mods they were stealing until SirSengir made it incompatible)

(And try pumping the cells into an ender chest, if the tekkit pack has those)

It does... it also has Charging Bench and Power Converters and a few other things as well...

Sadly, the server I'm supporting is relying on Tekkit for the time being, as I'm a big fan of the Bouses over at LagTV ...

Hopefully, I can convince them to switch to something less morally objectionable...

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• I say just go nuclear its not that dangerous :rolleyes:

that being said I wouldn't be surprised if this thread devolved into ANOTHER technic flamewar with in the next 5 posts

P.S. i am neutral when it comes to matters of Technic or Tekkit

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• I say just go nuclear its not that dangerous :rolleyes:

that being said I wouldn't be surprised if this thread devolved into ANOTHER technic flamewar with in the next 5 posts

P.S. i am neutral when it comes to matters of Technic or Tekkit

I hope not, we have enough of a problem with spambots and fly-by night trolls and spammers. We don't need another problem to deal with.