Suggestion: Advanced Jetpacks

• Why is this on the wiki when flight time is like 6 mins according to tests in this topic? Needs to be updated i guess xd. I could update it but i need to know the exact flight time then (bit busy with university atm no time for minecraft).

Well, the Jetpack lasts 80 seconds, if your push space constantly,
    but the jetpack will last 6 minutes, if you only press the space key to keep your height!

• Test results: a fully charged electric jetpack has enough power for over 6 minutes of flight. Being/not being in hover mode doesn't seem to affect the flight duration, and not continuously pressing spacebar, as in normal use, would of course make you able to fly for a even longer time without recharging the jetpack.

He seems to have gotten 6 mins of flight time while pressing space.

• I just got 3 minutes 35 seconds on a fully charged electric jetpack on normal and 6 minutes 15 seconds on hover mode, my charging platform is on y:179 from which I hold space for as long as I could, time is from liftoff to the start of falling. I didn't move in horizontal direction, and for the most part the jetpack stuck me at 185,999999. Flying around at the same y-level didn't make a difference, 3min 35 sec like on normal mode. I managed to squeeze a flight time if 6 minutes 10 seconds on normal mode by pressing and releasing spacebar at y-level 10.
    All tests were on SSP flatlands with manually charged electric jetpacks which were crafted from NEId items.

Check out this awesome mod !

Edited once, last by jppk1 ().

• Some other mods already use the ctrl key. I dont know about what mods other people use but my minecraft has ctrl for both zoom (could be added by optifine?) and "boost"(no idea). I dont see any reason to crowd the ctrl key even more.

• Official Post

Some other mods already use the ctrl key. I dont know about what mods other people use but my minecraft has ctrl for both zoom (could be added by optifine?) and "boost"(no idea). I dont see any reason to crowd the ctrl key even more.

And you can change keys for both "boost" and optifine's zoom in the Controls.

• I agree with you for the first quote. But I think we should have juste 2 modes: 1 Travelling mode (a very fast one, as already suggested, but not divided in Horizontal/Vertical modes) and 1 "Creative" mode, to build.

Switch it by "Boost" (Ctrl) key, used by quantum also.

To jet off I prefer a button, with that we'll have more manoeuvrability

"Boost+Jump" (Ctrl+Space) can be used for instant jet-off, "Boost+Sneak" (Ctrl+Shift) to turn Jet off, while simple "Jump" (Space) to Jump only.

Some other mods already use the ctrl key. I dont know about what mods other people use but my minecraft has ctrl for both zoom (could be added by optifine?) and "boost"(no idea). I dont see any reason to crowd the ctrl key even more.

IMHO "Boost" is a IC2's key, used for speed up Quantum suit and fits well. Also it can be changed.

• Adv. Jetpacks if used together with other Qsuit parts, drains energy from it (electric) to keep working for longer time?

In combat I need every eu that my suit have, so no please.

• In combat you need Quantum chestplate probably.
    Doubt other quantum armor will help greatly, so why not?
    And let Solar helmet and Static boots charge it too.

• Why not adding a hand-teleporter (already sugggested ?/already denied ? I did not find it.) working a bit as the one from Essentials (Right/Left clic on a block to teleport yourself) and using EU ?
    We have already Blocks-Teleporter, it could just be a tool, but using 5* more energy than the normal one. Useful to build, to move instantly ... Could store 1000 000 EU ...
    It's more advanced and more useful than a Advanced Jetpack, aren't you ?

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Official Post

Why not adding a hand-teleporter (already sugggested ?/already denied ? I did not find it.) working a bit as the one from Essentials (Right/Left clic on a block to teleport yourself) and using EU ?
    We have already Blocks-Teleporter, it could just be a tool, but using 5* more energy than the normal one. Useful to build, to move instantly ... Could store 1000 000 EU ...
    It's more advanced and more useful than a Advanced Jetpack, aren't you ?

Threadjack-alarm! Threadjack-alarm!!!

Also an Enderpearl is enough to that purpose (And its not that OP, than this).

• Read better. It can be done without modes and ew keys.

Yes, but it's Overcomplicating for begginers.
    And what I suggest (Wait, I'm not for too, I'm just bored by this talks ^^) could have ended the discussion.

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• In combat you need Quantum chestplate probably.
    Doubt other quantum armor will help greatly, so why not?
    And let Solar helmet and Static boots charge it too.

¿Why not?

I'm in a faction server, and we have almost every week 3 or 4 massive fights and a lot of smalls skirmishs, so the idea of having ANOTHER Qsuit, just for powering my jetpack makes me cry. I prefer having 2 more cheaps Adv. jetpacks than having another Über expensive Qsuit in the battlefield, when is posible to get killed and looted.

So thats why not please.