[Suggestion] Genome Splicer

• I suggest we add a machine that would not just read the resistance, gain, and growth of a plant but would be able to change these characteristics up to a certain point for a relatively high eu cost

The recipe would be something similar to this:
    :Cable: :Cable:
    :Energy Crystal: :Advanced Circuit: :Energy Crystal:
    :Energy Crystal: :Advanced Circuit: :Energy Crystal:

For balance purposes and to not completely negate the use of the cropnalyzer this would only work on crops that had gone through a cropnalyzer 3 times previously. It would only be capable of taking energy from a Lapotron Crystal and would cost 100,000 eus to alter a characteristic from 0 to 1, 200,000 to alter from 1 to 2, 300,000 to alter from 2 to 3 and so on until eventually a Lapotron would not be capable of holding enough energy to get a characteristic higher than 10. I feel as if this would not be overpowered because the total eu cost to raise a plant with 0 resistance, 0 gain, and 0 growth to 10 in each 16,500,000 eus

So my real question here is would this be too overpowered and exploited for easy crop manipulation or would it be too underpowered due to the high cost of splicing genes?

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• so back to the subject i get the feeling albkaka wants agriculture to be an inconvenient process (your not risking your neck spelunking after all)

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• so back to the subject i get the feeling albkaka wants agriculture to be an inconvenient process (your not risking your neck spelunking after all)

I suppose that maybe agriculture was meant as an endgame kind of thing to obtain the best possible crops and this might sort of go back on the inconvenience of it

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• Agriculture its something mean to be a side task, something you do when bored of mining and creating machines and shit. Think of it as a hobby inside minecraft. Tools that do everything for you kinda defeats the purpose of it being a hobby...

Oh wait i forgot everyone plays AutoCraft not Minecraft.

• Agriculture its something mean to be a side task, something you do when bored of mining and creating machines and shit.

I suppose I see your point here, if alcoholic beverages in IC2 were just plop ingredients into a magical do everything machine there would be no real point or fun to them as being sufficiently along in energy production would make them insanely easy to create

• I saw that a Cropnalyzer-Block was already planned. And your one seems to be incredibly useless/expensive for what it do.

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• I could see this as more of an addon, but with the ability to max out the stats (for a good energy cost ofcourse). That way for those who do want to go through agriculture pretty quick it would be an option, but shouldn't be a main IC2 machine.

Error 404: Signature not found!

• I could see this as more of an addon, but with the ability to max out the stats (for a good energy cost ofcourse). That way for those who do want to go through agriculture pretty quick it would be an option, but shouldn't be a main IC2 machine.

+1 For addon idea.

I honestly like the agriculture system how it is, it takes a little getting used to but I find it rather full filling

Alblaka says:

"People using their intellect in attempts to discuss other people into the ground could be considered less intellectual then people using their intellect for something beneficial :3"

• Official Post

I would possibly consider to somewhen at a machine capable of raising the stats at the cost of n³ * 1kk EU up to a fixed value... f.e. 8 or 16 or something.
    This way you could boost your plants to useful values (if you got the necessary Nuclear Reactors) without being able to create perfect plants without devotion.