Tools amplifier

• One day i have a dream. :D

Tools can be amplified by using special stones. I get them from some tool like Recycler: disposing some kind of things will gave you that stone. The value of that stone depends on disposing item's value. Cobblestone will give lowest quality power-stone, diamond — the highest, etc.

This stone can be applied by holding it and pressing right button, then it power applies to last tool equiped, or through workbench.

Also i saw that after using this power-stone on laser it changes color of beams and itself. For example, 5-10 stones will color laser from red to orange. And further along the spectrum — yellow, green, etc.

The power of laser modes changes along with color. Explosion will have larger radius, long-shots also shoot further and have more damage, etc. Also maybe some optimizations in EU consumption.

Another part of that dream was some kind of industrial dungeon. There are can be IC² tools and blocks. But i don't think that this idea is so good than power-stone.

Not so good English, sorry.

• Call them focus lenses or something, give them different effects by type of lens and by tool (e.g. slower drill but more energy-efficient, shorter range laser but has a (say, 1%) chance to drop an extra ore once in a while). Could even replace the current mode-switching system with these lenses, and have them run out after a number of uses, giving us another resource sink. I'm... okay with this.

• Thanks, LeBratz.

karolk, it's no more magical than Nano-Saber. It any case, this is only idea, not final realization. There can be lens, as narc says. We can craft them with UU-Matter, so they will be too expensive.

• That power-stones that you are suggesting, could be possibly, modifications that can be added to a tool?

If thats the case, I like the idea.

But keep it tech-related, no runes, gems or some voo-doo item for my IC, thats for Diablo III and alike

• For all tools. And doesn't like MC enchantment system for swords, pickaxes... Anyway, this is only an idea, not a final request. I think we can come to a good solution together. Of course, if this is good enough idea.

Edited once, last by G2Dolphin ().

• search for nanotech lab in the archives. solution found, the end

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• Solution for what? There are another suggestion. More complicate. Doesn't get updated since March.

• its more thought out, more widely accepted, and most importantly on the todo list. nothing more needs to be said

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"