[IC2 Exp][1.2.5 to 1.12.2] Armour and Tool Status HUD

• I was thinking that your mod could use your skin and then the armor instead of the flat pane of ugly (sorry for the opinion). So it would get the User's skin then render it at a certain angle, Then apply the "armor layer" at the same angle.

For Example:

Then For another example(with Full quantum(note its a little messed up because i set it as my actual skin))

Let me know what you think!

PS if the images aren't working just right click and Copy Image URL.

• Official Post

And we can't see the images sorry.

• Just Right Click it and "Copy Image URL" or "Open Image In New Tab"

I don't see anything there to right-click - there's only white space which doesn't have any kind of image-related entries in the right-click menu.

GENERATION (Pineapple + i): The first pineapple you see, copy it into your sig on any forum and add sqrt(-1) to the generation. Pineapple experiment.

• I'm getting a bug in SMP, where the readout moves around between possible locations frequently and randomly.

I am using ingameinfo mod, perhaps that is it?

• Official Post

I'm getting a bug in SMP, where the readout moves around between possible locations frequently and randomly.

I am using ingameinfo mod, perhaps that is it?

It is because of the key that changes hud location, "H" by default.
    So whenever you write any word with H it changes its location.
    You can change its key in-game in controls menu.

• It is because of the key that changes hud location, "H" by default.
    So whenever you write any word with H it changes its location.
    You can change its key in-game in controls menu.

Yeah, that is very annoying. I thought I put in enough checks to stop that from happening, but it doesn't seem to listen to me. I might actually remove that key - it was only for debugging anyway. Also on the "to fix" list: make the text not extend off the right hand side of the screen when using an HD texture pack (Soartex, in my case) - again, I'm also quite miffed by that particular bug.

For an immediate solution, I bound it to something very far away that never gets pressed during gameplay (insert, I think).

GENERATION (Pineapple + i): The first pineapple you see, copy it into your sig on any forum and add sqrt(-1) to the generation. Pineapple experiment.

• I'm not sure if this is a bug with my version, but the graphical HUD stays even if I have no helmet, or nano helmet. Is this intentional? If not I can give more information.

Also I like this mod. :) I currently use it for my servers, and it's pretty useful for watching jetpack levels and the like.

• I'm not sure if this is a bug with my version, but the graphical HUD stays even if I have no helmet, or nano helmet. Is this intentional? If not I can give more information.

Also I like this mod. :) I currently use it for my servers, and it's pretty useful for watching jetpack levels and the like.

Depends on what you mean by "graphical" - if it's the text entries, then yes. You get a very rough indicator of charge level (to the nearest 10%) when using a helmet that doesn't have a visor (or no helmet), an indicator to the nearest 0.1% when using a nanosuit helmet and exact EU/uses left precision when using a quantum helmet. The colour scale remains the same, so if you've got a very good eye, you can get full precision even without a helmet on. It'll display the name of what you're wearing anyway regardless of helmet status.

If, however, you mean the cartoon figure, then yes, that is a bug.

• I am seeing the 'cartoon figure' with no helmet on as well with Ver 2.1a (Also Metadata says 2.1 ingame but what can ya do it was a tiny fix)

'Wait! What does that mean?! I can't panic properly unless I know what that means!'
    'Well believe me, Mike, I calculated the odds of this succeeding versus the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid, and... I went ahead anyway.'

• I am seeing the 'cartoon figure' with no helmet on as well with Ver 2.1a (Also Metadata says 2.1 ingame but what can ya do it was a tiny fix)

Found the problem there - a bit of a derp on my part. I'll hold off on releasing 2.1b until I've squashed a few more bugs first.

• And version 2.1b is now out. The schematic will now only show up when it's supposed to, you can disable the text if you like and it now plays nicer with OptiFine and texture packs that supply their own font.

If you're one of the two or three people who grabbed it the moment v2.1b came out, (read: before 1537 GMT), get it again - I forgot to put the updated check in for one of the schematic drawing components.

• Also, it appears you don't have exception handling for when an item has a null name. (Not your fault, but it will crash the game because of it.) An example is the link book stand of mystcraft, which has no in-game name.

This might be fixed in your new version, as I haven't tested it yet. I'll have my hand at it in a couple hours and edit this post accordingly.

• Also, it appears you don't have exception handling for when an item has a null name. (Not your fault, but it will crash the game because of it.) An example is the link book stand of mystcraft, which has no in-game name.

This might be fixed in your new version, as I haven't tested it yet. I'll have my hand at it in a couple hours and edit this post accordingly.

My Linkbook Stand has an ingame name. Using Mystcraft 0.9.1.02.

Otherwise, everything is all awesome.

'Wait! What does that mean?! I can't panic properly unless I know what that means!'
    'Well believe me, Mike, I calculated the odds of this succeeding versus the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid, and... I went ahead anyway.'

• I am also using 9.1.02 mystcraft, and I just tried this with the 2.1b hud.

Sorry, I forgot that I updated my laptop and not desktop. This issue is fixed in 2.1b Took longer to actually break, but it had the exact same exception.

Nope, it's still going to be a problem with 2.1b (as you've discovered, I see). Stupid badly coded objects. *sigh*.

Delete the null entry (the one that just says "=") from your config file and I'll have you a fixed version in a few minutes.

• And version 2.1c is now out. It should fix the null pointer exception, but if it doesn't, then let me know and I'll put the null check in more places (currently, it's only in the "save/load abbreviation code" part - I held off on sticking it in the item name string builder parts for now).

EDIT: again, don't forget to delete the "=" line in your config file.

• Thanks for the quick update. :) I'll check out the new version and see if it complains about mystcraft.

EDIT: Still complains about the exact same issue. :( (It's version 2.1c, same exception, deleted the config and let it regenerate, so it's definitely still an issue.) What I would do is just add a config to name all null objects something like "unnamed" or "unknown", if that's feasible. Then you could use use a try catch that supplies the configured name if it's null. Of course, I don't know how you implemented it, so your solution might differ.