[IC2 Exp][1.2.5 to 1.12.2] Armour and Tool Status HUD

• I prefer to do things manually - I've got jar files going back to something like 1.6 (both modded and unmodded) and I had more, but I lost them in a hard drive failure. No, the thing is that I haven't been interested in 1.3 (or, in fact, any vanilla Minecraft update) - it's only the mods that I care about. Perhaps more to the point, I've just found out that things are going to be extremely busy this week and probably won't get a chance to even look at coding until the weekend. Updates are going to have to wait, I'm afraid.

Also, I run Linux, so that particular link wouldn't be much use to me :D

Multi MC works on linux (Or you could use Wine, But im not judging)
    P.S.-Dont mind the link i just was making it so you dont have to scroll!

• I've got a problem.

I don't really use the HUD, but broken text shadows is a problem.

System configuration:

• Whoa, fuse, that.... your... your rank is way too high for how many post you have made, change you rank to "Tree Cutter". You cant just make your rank up.

If you have never heard of the Farlands, you're missing out.

The farlands supports GregTech

• Yowch, how did my mod get moved to the main addons forum? It's been completely inactive...

Back on topic, I've been swamped up to the eyeballs over the past couple of months - the only Minecraft I was able to get is about 30 minutes per week to check if my automatic breeder reactor/nuke factory was still warm.

I won't be able to do anything this week, but I'll start looking at 1.3 (and 1.4 too...) on Monday. No idea how long it will take to port, but pretty much everything is client/render-side, so I don't expect an enormous quantity of complications. I might have an updated release some time around 17/18th November, but no promises here

Dukat863: that's a very strange error and I can only make guesses as to how it arose. I thought I fixed it when I stuck my own render code in (Minecraft's Tessellator class is lying when it says that it can render polygons with more than 3 sides), but it seems like it's not drawing the second one. I know that the Linux drivers for Intel "3D" chipsets have some strange problems, but this is just weird. I don't have any means of testing it here (everything I have is NVidia, with the exception of an ATI chip in a netbook), so a fix might be some time away (I'd really rather avoid re-writing Minecraft's renderer).

GENERATION (Pineapple + i): The first pineapple you see, copy it into your sig on any forum and add sqrt(-1) to the generation. Pineapple experiment.

• OK, I've taken a look at 1.3 and it's going to take me a lot longer to port than I'd expected.

Forge looks like it's been turned inside-out, with a lot of the functions that I overload looking like they've been replaced by some weird implicit comment-based system. I managed to get this far because Java and C/C++ (I don't actually write Java code...) are similar enough to be mostly compatible after ironing out any errors presented by the compiler. I'm going to have to spend a bit of time learning actual Java and this freaky proxy thing before I can update it past 1.2.

GENERATION (Pineapple + i): The first pineapple you see, copy it into your sig on any forum and add sqrt(-1) to the generation. Pineapple experiment.

• The proxy is just a class that can be replaced at runtime by FML depending on whether the mod is running on client side or server side. I wasn't developing for pre-1.3 Forge so I couldn't tell you anything about major differences, but annotations seem to be fairly straightforward and not all that common. A lot of things have probably been renamed from where you remember them being, though.

• And I've done a quick and dirty port to Minecraft r1.3.2. Who'd have thought that the old ModLoader functions still work...

I still need to re-write it to use FML-based stuff instead of ModLoader, and I still need to port to 1.4.4 (I suspect that this will need to come after I re-Forge it, since there were several deprecation warnings when recompiling).

Other than that, version 2.3 (for MC r1.3.2) behaves exactly the same as 2.2f (for MC r1.2.5), including Gravitation Suite compatibility. Grab it from the first post.

• Might I humbly request a 'quick and dirty' port to 1.4.2 as you pass by on the way to 1.4.4? Assuming you find time, of course. For those of us stuck on 1.4.2 waiting for all of our chosen mods to update.

• Might I humbly request a 'quick and dirty' port to 1.4.2 as you pass by on the way to 1.4.4? Assuming you find time, of course. For those of us stuck on 1.4.2 waiting for all of our chosen mods to update.

OK, I'll see what happens if I copy the mod files into a 1.4.2 MCP installation and recompile..

• Nope, no can do. The configuration file stuff which I use was deprecated for 1.3.2 and removed some time in 1.4. It'll need a rewrite before it'll work.

• Armour HUD has been given a slight tweak to v2.3a which should fix triangles being displayed instead of squares (I hate you, Tessellator.class) and which also finally saves the HUD position when you change it in-game with the keybind. I should be able to backport the changes to MC r1.2.5 if it is so desired (you still on 1.2.5, Dukat863?).

There's also an experimental version of Armour HUD for Minecraft r1.4.2 which is basically just recompiling v2.3a after changing all instances of [itemstack].getItemNameandInformation().get(0) to [itemstack].getItemName(). I haven't tested it (the machine with 1.4 on is elsewhere, so it was compiled using SSH). Also, I have no idea whether it'll work on versions newer than 1.4.2 - do Mojang change their obfuscation for minor version updates? Grab v2.4 from this post and test it out...

Changelog:

v2.4 = Ported to MC r1.4.2 (required changes: instead of calling [itemstack].getItemNameandInformation().get(0), now call [itemstack].getItemName()), not tested due to the lack of 1.4 on this particular machine...

• Armour HUD has been given a slight tweak to v2.3a which should fix triangles being displayed instead of squares (I hate you, Tessellator.class) and which also finally saves the HUD position when you change it in-game with the keybind. I should be able to backport the changes to MC r1.2.5 if it is so desired (you still on 1.2.5, Dukat863?).

There's also an experimental version of Armour HUD for Minecraft r1.4.2 which is basically just recompiling v2.3a after changing all instances of [itemstack].getItemNameandInformation().get(0) to [itemstack].getItemName(). I haven't tested it (the machine with 1.4 on is elsewhere, so it was compiled using SSH). Also, I have no idea whether it'll work on versions newer than 1.4.2 - do Mojang change their obfuscation for minor version updates? Grab v2.4 from this post and test it out...

Could you backport the 1.2.5 version for me?

• The changes made for Armour HUD v2.3a have now been backported to a new version, 2.2g, for Minecraft r1.2.5. Download it from the first post to (hopefully) fix issues with rendering triangles instead of rectangles.

• The changes made for Armour HUD v2.3a have now been backported to a new version, 2.2g, for Minecraft r1.2.5. Download it from the first post to (hopefully) fix issues with rendering triangles instead of rectangles.

Thank you! The triangles have been annoying me since I found out about this add-on. :D

EDIT: I'm not sure if this is purposely, but when I take Nano helm off the HUD disappears.

• Thank you! The triangles have been annoying me since I found out about this add-on. :D

EDIT: I'm not sure if this is purposely, but when I take Nano helm off the HUD disappears.

The HUD will take 3 different forms.

Form 1: display to 1% precision, no graphical representation. This is when you're wearing not wearing a helmet that could reasonably be expected to have a display (read: none of the below).

Form 2: item condition is displayed to 0.1% precision and you get a (n optional) graphical schematic. This is when you're wearing a nano helmet or night vision goggles.

Form 3: item charge level or uses remaining is displayed exactly (though you can put it back to 0.1% precision with an option in the config file) along with the (optional) schematic. This is when you have a quantum helmet on.