[IC2 Exp][1.7.10] Advanced Repulsion Systems

• When using an industrial tesla coil, it seems some mobs don't drop anything, specifically blazes. Other mobs such as ghasts and zombie pigmen drop items as normal.

Blaze rods don't drop unless the blaze is killed by a player. (If this is a soul shard spawner, which ignores that, carry on with bug report).

• How exactly is is supposed to be set up?

I did this and it doesn't work:

I replaced the item token with a coble stone but it still attacks me when I have a gold sword.

• Bug Report :
    Force Field Filter is broken. Instead of causing the Tesla coil to target all entities inside of the force field, it causes it to target all entities if the field is turned on, and nothing if the field is turned off. The ~ token inverts this behavior.

Please test it on your end, and if somehow I'm wrong, upload a screenshot of a working configuration. I've been messing with it for about an hour, and it does this even in the simplest possible case (force field filter pointed at an industrial tesla coil)

Even in this simplest case, the tesla just attacks the nearest entity if the field is turned on. It does not care if the entity is inside or outside of the field, it attacks both.

• Got a simple suggestion for the reactor containment field, instead of defining the maxHeat, make it so it gets the maxHeat from the reactor.

For example i make a breeder reactor with Heat-Capcaity Reactor plating, that makes the max temp go up.

Right now with me running my breeder hot i can not turn off the forcefield for the reactor unless i take out the card.

Do the same with the reactor cooler as well

Or give an option where you can make it kick on automatically when it hits the maxheat you have defined or not kick on at all unless it's power by a lever/redstone

• Define "died". I'll still update it for 1.5 once IC2 updates.

Disappointed with the bugs and nerfedness of AtomicStryker Corp's Advanced Machines, and the unupdatedness of Snyke's Enterprises?
    Need low-lag renewable power?
    Come to ImmTech Intragalactical this thread for free UUM!

Note: UUM may stand for Unnerfed Unbuggy Updated Machines and may not be actual UUM. The extra U was lost due to a bit error.
    Battery snot included.

• died, well died is where you don't update or replys to suggestion to make it better, but since you are gonna update then i guess it's not dead i assume you would like to keep it as it is and not reply to suggestion saying no or anything like that

• I've been playing on a server for a very long time now and I've gradually progressed from nicer and nicer "houses" I'm currently in the sky and decided on making a multi-sphere structure, so I put 6 sphere force fields at 32 radius with the projectors equidistant from a central point making the force fields about 10 blocks at the least from each other in an orientation like + from top/bottom/side 1 on top 1 on bottom and 4 in the middle in a 2x2 orientation with top and bottom fields the same distance above and bellow and camouflaged them as ice. (that took a while to calculate, frame up etc)
    It's really cool looking (har har) but it also caused my client to crash without a log when I tried to log on in the middle of the arrangement, I had to get the owner of the server to help me by defaulting my location to spawn again and then approach from a side to turn em all off one by one, owner also crashed without a log going near the middle from outside. This was on 1.4.7.
    I don't have any logs to show and I know this isn't terribly specific but I imagine the problem is easy to re-create, just make a ton of huge force fields near each other (mine were not touching though) I imagine the problem was that there were so many blocks the client had to figure out at the same time it couldn't, all I saw when I joined was one chunk with the force fields mostly being the "defaut" stripy texture and parts being ice. I was instantly disconnected from the server according to our bot but I could fly around but not interact with anything for 10s~, it literally loaded one chunk, was really odd looking, could see my place from top to bottom but only 16x16 of it.

• Oh mighty and great immibis, now that you are active once again, I have a problem.

While running server with just an FML and common IC2 and IC2 addons including ARS, only 2 shields can be active at any given time. The problem in previous builds were that only 1 shield could be active, then another build didn't have problems with however many shields there are active. I scoured over the source code and cannot find a reason why only two shields are allowed to be active. Here's my Tekkit thread about it: http://forums.technicpack.net/…-smp-still-bug.39068/</a>

Now I know Tekkit Lite is just a mod pack, but I ran it in an environment to just run IC2 and Immibis mods only, and nothing else, same problem occurs. Only 2 shields allowed. Trying to turn on any other shield will not generate a shield unless one of the others is turned off and the one attempted is toggled back on to make the count again to be 2 working shields and 1+ non-working. Currently our playable server has removed this mod due to this bug.

Is there any possible solution or a hot-fix or even a verbose log/debug option when a shield turns on in a server to track it down?

• I've been playing on a server for a very long time now and I've gradually progressed from nicer and nicer "houses" I'm currently in the sky and decided on making a multi-sphere structure, so I put 6 sphere force fields at 32 radius with the projectors equidistant from a central point making the force fields about 10 blocks at the least from each other in an orientation like + from top/bottom/side 1 on top 1 on bottom and 4 in the middle in a 2x2 orientation with top and bottom fields the same distance above and bellow and camouflaged them as ice. (that took a while to calculate, frame up etc)
    It's really cool looking (har har) but it also caused my client to crash without a log when I tried to log on in the middle of the arrangement, I had to get the owner of the server to help me by defaulting my location to spawn again and then approach from a side to turn em all off one by one, owner also crashed without a log going near the middle from outside. This was on 1.4.7.
    I don't have any logs to show and I know this isn't terribly specific but I imagine the problem is easy to re-create, just make a ton of huge force fields near each other (mine were not touching though) I imagine the problem was that there were so many blocks the client had to figure out at the same time it couldn't, all I saw when I joined was one chunk with the force fields mostly being the "defaut" stripy texture and parts being ice. I was instantly disconnected from the server according to our bot but I could fly around but not interact with anything for 10s~, it literally loaded one chunk, was really odd looking, could see my place from top to bottom but only 16x16 of it.

Once IC2 updates to 1.5.1 I will fix these, if they still happen - I can't just go back to 1.4.7 easily.

Disappointed with the bugs and nerfedness of AtomicStryker Corp's Advanced Machines, and the unupdatedness of Snyke's Enterprises?
    Need low-lag renewable power?
    Come to ImmTech Intragalactical this thread for free UUM!

Note: UUM may stand for Unnerfed Unbuggy Updated Machines and may not be actual UUM. The extra U was lost due to a bit error.
    Battery snot included.

• I made a forcefield with a bunch of add-ons, its under water, when I turn it on all the water disappears as it should. However the actual force blocks don't appear and the sea just pours back in.

Whats going on?

• thanks for amazing mod :) GL

A big +1 to this. I wish I had found this mod earlier re: force fields and base mob control. Really awesome, thanks so much :)

Has definitely made its way onto my mandatory mods list :)

Out of interest, and I see the question flagged a little earlier, is there anyway to selectively zap items with the Industrial Coil. I understand there is the filter system with the loot collector but I was hoping something in the target filter.

I've tried a few combinations of item AND specific item as a target etc but no luck.

Many Thanks!!

• So there's no plan on fixing the limited number of force fields active for Minecraft 1.4.7? :(

Does it not happen for everyone? I'm surprised there haven't been more reports about it or is there some magical fix I'm not aware of. Also, what does the "cooldownBlocksperTick" setting do in the config?

Fantastic mods immibis, never leave.

EDIT: Your Industrial Tesla coil seems to really like the BuildCraft Pump. More specifically, the little piece that extends down into the liquid when the pump is in a suitable position. It's causing the coil to delay hitting some mods because it needs to strike at that a few times which is pointless and just wastes energy. I know it's probably because of how that little extension is read by the game but hopefully you can add an exception (I have no java coding so pardon me please) to the coil. It also targets and destroys Item Frames regardless of what is in the frame.