[IC2 Exp][1.7.10] Advanced Repulsion Systems

• I´ve tried it several times and it didn´t work with any IC2 version, however the newest, yesterday released build 59.0.1 should work with the newest experimental builds. At least for me it works (I´m using IC2 build 556 because of GregTech, but it should work just fine with the newest releases)

Oooh, yes, indeed! Brilliant - it's good to finally have a forcefield mod on 1.7.10! :D

• not having any luck getting this to work on 1.7.10

I'm running IC2 version industrialcraft-2-2.2.624-experimental and have immibis-core 59.0.1 and just crashes on launch everytime, is there a specific version I need of IC2 to make this work?

Here's a pastebin link to the full console report from trying to install this on vanilla MC 1.7.10
    http://pastebin.com/Xz12eru8

• Official Post

It's working for me, which version of ARS do you have?

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
    // I just don't know what went wrong :(

I see this too much.

• I'm using ARS 59.0.0, I just updated my post above with the pastebin link to the complete console log and crash, tested it both on a Bevo's Tech Pack install and a complete vanilla with forge install.

• Official Post

ARS 59.0.0

There's your problem. Get 59.0.1 for it to work.

145 Mods isn't too many. 9 types of copper and 8 types of tin aren't too many. 3 types of coffee though?

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you read was not what I meant.

I see this too much.

• If Immibis kinda left, can someone fork this addon so it doesn't dies, I really love this mod, and btw, if someone does that, can he implement a security block that works with the industrial tesla coil instead of using those lasers blocks, I don't how it is called again; but basically, it works like the MFFS classic by Minalien security block, where you can set your player as the owner using a card, and allow it to kill passive, agressive and neutral Mobs as well as players, and there should be a token that allow you to set a player/mob as blacklisted from being zapped, useful if you use thaumcraft golems as you defence :D

• Official Post

can he implement a security block that works with the industrial tesla coil instead of using those lasers blocks

But the lasers are what makes ARS special over any other forcefield mod!

I see this too much.

• The features I want added to this mod most:

* Something to inhibit ability to right click blocks in a defined area

* Something to inhibit the ability to break blocks in a defined area

* Something that can replace broken blocks in a defined area if they are in an inventory connected to said thing

The first 2 should have some sort of whitelist for players who can be allowed to work in this area without suffering those effects. The person who placed the block should probably be able to access it no matter what to prevent getting locked out of their own area.

• Okay, big problem, the Tesla Coil attacks and destroys minecarts for whatever reason and as far as I can tell there's no way to get it to stop.

I found out how to get it to stop targeting the minecart but still, if it can target minecarts there should be an item or token to be able to configure targeting them.

• Okay, big problem, the Tesla Coil attacks and destroys minecarts for whatever reason and as far as I can tell there's no way to get it to stop.

I found out how to get it to stop targeting the minecart but still, if it can target minecarts there should be an item or token to be able to configure targeting them.

Thanks for that report. For IC2 Classic i will dissable that but will make that per config enableable.

• Is there a way to invert a section of a projected field? I assume there isn't, but that seems like a big feature to be missing.

If you want to create a tunnel through a forcefield, it becomes a huge project that takes at least 5 projectors. It becomes troublesome, unreliable and clunky when it could be really simple if another block were added.

This could be fairly easily implemented by adding a projector upgrade that, creates a sort of invisible nega-forcefield that prevents forcefields from affecting the area.

Of course, this would have to only work on forcefields that are linked to the same core, lest someone could easily break in.

Anyway, I hope my suggestion will be taken into consideration, it would be greatly appreciated since now I have to come up with some way to make a tunnel through my shield.

• EDIT: I disabled the 'hidden block' in railcraft and it fixed all of the problems, apparently it causes problems with a lot of other mods too.

• Im having this issue on mac when I try to add this to my modpack. I have IC2 installed, but when I add immibis core and the addon itself it crashes in the technic launcher. My friends who all run on pc are fine using the exact same modpack, so I dont really know what to do. No crash report is created, and the minecraft window never opens. :(

• Give us more information. What version of OS X are you running? What version of java are you running? Does your mac suck or rock? I know mine rocks :P

Help the Official FTB Wiki reach a billion pages! [I had to keep changing it so there ^^]

Someone should fix the gravel texture in the background. It's been years now, come on people.

• My mac is pretty pimpin as far as macs go, 16GB DDR3 Ram, 3.06GHz IntelCore on Mac OS X 10.9.4. We downgraded forge to fix an issue with buildcraft pipes, and that also fixed the crashing issue. However, instead of crashing, it ignored both the core and addon, loading 63 instead of the intended 65 mods. Im on forge-1.7.10-10.13.2.1352-1.7.10-universal.

*Edit: Java V8 Update 40